The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

I know they could have more than 1 Black Superman, but it does feel like a gradual pivoting away from the film idea.
Ta Nehisi Coates unique perspective is so so not what this character needs. I’d like him to explore his idea in a comic.

Ideally we’d be getting MOS2 and the MBJ series which I’m really excited for. The MBJ announcement is the stuff fans have been wanting and saying!! Prop up preexisting black heroes instead of just changing pre-existing characters.

Cancel the JJ/Coates film and move forward with MOS2 and the MBJ miniseries.

Said it before, will say it again... the open pod in MOS is the perfect Segway to Calvin.

18,000 years ago Calvin was one of the crew in stasis. Upon it's crash landing, he was the only one lucky enough to have been woken by the AI onboard - with seconds to spare he is directed to an escape pod, he gets in, it shoots off into earth's lower orbit.

To this day, he lies in stasis, his craft rarely seen is the subject of the black knight conspiracy. 350px-Black_Knight_Satellite_(cropped).jpg

Clark, having reached out to and met many meta humans and beings, stumbles across this theory and instantly recognizes the shape of the craft from his kryptonian AI data bank.

Flying up there, Clark finds the craft...covered in space dust, battered, damaged, frozen over he takes it back to earth.

In Clark's new fortress, since in MOS he just had a ship, he lets the ai do its thing and Calvin eventually wakes up.

It will be amazing to see the world again, through Calvin's eyes...

With the help of Clark, Gen Swannick Clavin focuses on politics - still feeling like a kryptonian, a kryptonian delegate, he sees that uniting people through actions of kindness and deeds are the way to heal a nation.

Over the 3 movie arc we see him rise through politics, whilst adapting to being an American, an American in politics.

Damn a Calvin Ellis story serving as a continuation of MOS sounds sick. I’m for it, and would rather they continue building off of the Krypton that Snyder established.

But likely Cavill isn't coming back so that becomes problematic.

If Michael B. Jordan and his Superman finally puts the nail in the coffin of the DCEU and Cavill, sign me up, let us all move forward from that travesty

But likely Cavill isn't coming back so that becomes problematic.
imagine the ending of flashpoint shows superman flying, he lands, it's a different suit... we get a close up of the chest.. we instantly recognize those silvers and blue... as we pan up his neck we see Michael B Jordan smile and say "welcome back Barry!"

Retconned to a superman running the us of a....

The tv show shoes us how it happened, the new retconned timeline.

That would be cool, simply because Snyder superman got lost in Snyder's weird mind in BvS superman and the multiverse opens a lot up...

Then we get a rebooted superman in a few years to join Pattison.

Said it before and I’ll say it again the JJ-Coates one won’t happen, the Val Zod project which is a miles better idea will be the nail in the coffin for that project.

As for Cavill, people say he’s likely not coming back reality is there’s no basis he isn’t. Time will tell of course.

Said it before and I’ll say it again the JJ-Coates one won’t happen, the Val Zod project which is a miles better idea will be the nail in the coffin for that project.

As for Cavill, people say he’s likely not coming back reality is there’s no basis he isn’t. Time will tell of course.

Him coming back is wishful thinking. In truth there is no reason for either side to want him back either. For as much as we like him the majority never connected with his Superman and in reality by the end Snyder really did him a disservice. It is an easy reboot.

I understand that DC is heading in a new direction with multiple different directions with it characters, but this news of MBJ developing a new Superman is perplexing. In some ways, possibly many ways, it may undercut the Abrams/Coates project, and that surprises me the most. Two black Supermen is possible, but if the Jordan effort is first, I would not be surprised if it hurt the box office of the Abrams project.

It would take away some of the originality of the Abrams project, some of its steam, and that is what surprises me the most.

Was the announcement of this new project a trial balloon? Or a shot across the bow? Two projects with the basically same central point, seems redundant, if someone could explain to me what they think might be happening, and the back stage politics, I would like to know.

Him coming back is wishful thinking. In truth there is no reason for either side to want him back either. For as much as we like him the majority never connected with his Superman and in reality by the end Snyder really did him a disservice. It is an easy reboot.

We’ll see

I think Cavill is such a fan fav, that's why they want him back.. however, his career is great, all things considered... he has Witcher and step into Gerard Butler's line of movies and a life time of con's to make a fine living off.

Honestly, I feel like a reboot that plays into the two tonally different persona's and disguise is the way to go forward.

The subtle comical approach to the reporter in the office, the hero In the cape and the farm boy in the plaid.

A good old school action adventure

I welcome Michael B Jordan as Val-Zod and would love for him and that character to be a part of the expanded DCEU! Especially since the Flash movie seems it will be the introduction to the "Expanded Multiverses" hence multiple Batmen and etc.

So.... with that said. I'm not done with Henry as Superman! I want him back. I want MOS2 and I want to see Henry Supes team up with Shazam to go up against Dwayne Johnsons Black Adam! and more!

With DC opening the "Multiverse" with the upcoming Flash film and that film is also linked to the Snyderverse there is (in my opinion of course) no reason for DC not to bring back Henry and also have room for Michael B Jordan.

#HenryIsMySuperman

:facepalm:
For a hot second there it really felt like they were ready to move on.

Good for Cavill if he gets to reprise a role he clearly cared about. For my money, his Supes is damaged goods and any new Super-appearances would only start healthy if they got the Homecoming treatment, rebuild from the ground up. Hoping it's bad info.

What info? It's all speculation by us random.

Edit: oh the Vieweranon tweet...hmm.

This is the ONLY way I could see a “black Clark Kent” movie work:

An adaptation of this:
710BwhX+K1L._SY300_.jpg

He is a fan fave for a certain segment of fandom. If he was replaced tomorrow most people not on sites like this would barely bat an eye.

And that's always been the rub with Cavill.

As much as I liked him in MOS, from the jump, his Superman has been polarizing within fandom as a whole.

It's basically been 9 years worth of debating and arguing the merits of his version of Superman, fair or not.

So in that sense, as another poster stated, his Superman is damaged goods , fair or not.

While his support is loud and vocal in a certain section of fandom, they still represent one faction in fandom ,as opposed to representing the consensus opinion in fandom across the board.

I don't blame Cavill for that...that is on the person whose vision it was. I liked it, but I am done with it.

So, Bloodsport hype, Elba wanting a prequel showdown with Kal El.

In an ideal world we get a limited series where Bloodsport goes after superman, but realizes it's easier to go after Clark Kent...

We have Bloodsport hunting down Clark Kent, drawing him out, knowing where he will be... the emphasis is on Clark more than Superman and it can be over the events of 24 hours..

Lois can be drawn out to a conflict elsewhere, Amy Adams role can be minimal... we can introduce new characters, James Olsen etc.

Allow us to see more DP reporter Clark Kent - we can really delve into the identity and disguise, how he blends in - I mean, if we can see bloodsport struggle to identify clark, it just shows how any of us would not assume who he is.

I still say a decent old school approach to superman will work with the audience.

Are Superman comics still selling well? I’m just wondering how this generation sees Superman and for that reason Snyder took a risk for how he’s portrayed.

would Reeve’s Superman be successful today? I don’t think so. I don’t get the feeling that Superman has the following he once did.

Superman is a household name regardless, but we have so many Superman adjacents "Evil Superman" that when Snyder starting heading that direction people checked out. Man Of Steel is liked a whole hell of a lot more than Batman V. Superman for a reason. But when you abandon all of what made Superman likable previously and put him against a character Who people unquestioning like more (Batman) and then proceed to Kill him then whats there to like anymore.

You can do a positive Superman and not be Camp and silliness. Clark can still doubt himself and question his motives he just shouldnt be doing that while in the process of saving people. If Superman came down and had a look of confusion and angst on his face while he flew me to safety ID feel bad for bothering the guy. Which is the opposite of how Superman should make you Feel.

If they do ANOTHER Superman movie and the villains are Lex or Zod, I’m going to be salty. They need to introduce Brainiac already!

Routh and cavill both would have been perfect. They just needed different directors that wouldn't have tried to reinvent the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"