The Rise of Skywalker SW: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER - The Rotten Tomatoes thread

Ok now its working 57 after only 22 reviews not looking good i think this is going to get rotten normally the lower the score the more reviews come out even if the reviews are great.

I mean its still kind of early, but damn it is never a good sign when your film starts out rotten right off the bat. Critics are really divided over some of the choices JJ and co made here, but man its so weird seeing this kind of reaction coming off of something as already divisive as TLJ was.

George Lucas may have a lot to answer for, including his mostly dreadful 1999-2003 prequel cycle, but it’s hard not to admire his stubborn adherence to his own bizarre vision, rather than to some fan-tested, committee-approved notion of what a “Star Wars” movie should be. More than anything — more even than the billions in box office dollars that surely await it — this series needs artists willing to flood its mythology with new life, rather than turning it into another endless replay of “The Skywalking Dead.”

Review: 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' is here to remind you just how good 'The Last Jedi' was

It's a bumpy ride on the way to a mostly satisfying conclusion.

Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker spoiler-free review: Kylo, Rey save the film

Like a tremor in the Force, the division stirred by "The Last Jedi" created friction in the "Star Wars" universe. That left director J.J. Abrams with additional clean-up work to do on "The Rise of Skywalker," a "Star Wars" movie made very much with devout fans in mind, and one that proves highly satisfying as an end not just to this trilogy, but a saga 42 years in the making.

'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' review: Episode IX rises to the occasion of concluding the epic saga - CNN

The Force’s latest finale is ”disappointingly nondescript”

‘Star Wars’: The Rise Of Skywalker’: Review

In a nutshell, what we have here is two-and-a-half hours of amazing direction and buzzing action, with JJ Abrams helming what may be the best fan-serving addition to the franchise (it’s the finale, of course it’s going to try to wrap everything up in a neat little package for us).

Star Wars – The Rise Of Skywalker review: Prepare to cry | Metro News

Although it lacks the more cohesive, streamlined storylines of its predecessors, Episode IX is buoyed by always-dazzling visuals, satisfying emotional beats and solid performances

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Review: Epic Conclusion That's Strongest in the Smaller Moments

When the closing credits roll, you'll be forgiven if you breathe a sigh of relief. The franchise has ended; your childhood has not been wrecked. The “Star Wars” films are not really over, anyway — just on “hiatus,” per Disney — which means the dead will surely speak again.

'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker': Satisfying conclusion

"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" tries so desperately to service the fan base that it loses sight of the story it's telling.

'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' is too busy making unnecessary references to the franchise it forgets to tell a good story

Man was not expecting this a little worried right now. Some of the titleds are pretty harsh

The leaks had me worried, but... damn. This is not what I was expecting.

This makes me very sad. I knew deep down the odds were stacked against this film after how the last two films went. But seeing this crumble so far is really just sad. There was just never any plan. And to me that's more unforgivable than anything Lucas did in the prequels.

The score is different on the main part compared to the right side where is has a list of movies. So they are not updating at the same time or something. So i am not sure what its score is or how many reviews it has yet.

I mean its still kind of early, but damn it is never a good sign when your film starts out rotten right off the bat. Critics are really divided over some of the choices JJ and co made here, but man its so weird seeing this kind of reaction coming off of something as already divisive as TLJ was.

It really feels like these last 2 are gonna flip who loves it and who hates it because the majority of critics dug The Last Jedi. I mean if this keeps going the RT rating will be a huge drop after the 1st two. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Those are all the reviews I could find. Please be careful as some might contain spoilers.

"The Death of Skywalker"

This is sad to see.:(

It really feels like these last 2 are gonna flip who loves it and who hates it because the majority of critics dug The Last Jedi. I mean if this keeps going the RT rating will be a huge drop after the 1st two. I wasn't expecting that at all.
I was when I started reading the spoilers, then saw the run time. This sounds like episode 8 and 9, that still has to acknowledge TLJ exist, while dismissing it. I am so curious how I feel about it.

Shocking. Critics loved TLJ so now they're throwing hissyfits over TROS because it doesn't respect it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"