Sequels Take This With a HUGE Grain of Salt...

Cmill216

Senior Case Officer
Reaction score
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Exclusive-Spider-Man-4-Villain-Revealed-4739.html

Spider-Man 3 is still a couple of months away, but it’s starting to look like Sony is already hard at work on plotting Spider-Man 4. In fact, they may already be talking about who will be the film’s big villain. According to one of our more reliable sources, the guy that’s getting the most consideration is a newer Spider-Man enemy named Morlun.

morlunkb0.jpg

A very recent villain named Morlun, he was featured around the time of Eziekel who was an old man with identical spider powers to Parker, a load of crap followed where Peter discovers that the spider that bit him was no coincidence. I really despised this arc

I remember when I saw Hostage, the villain reminded me EXACTLY of Morlun, especially in this one scene towards the end where he walks through fire.

I guess 3 won't be the darkest installment if this holds up. What an odd choice though.

I sure hope not...There are so many other classic villains they could do...

I'm hoping this rumor is false. I don't even know who Morlun is, but I'd much rather see the Lizard or another more known villain. Also, the possibility of Sony wanting to scrap Raimi blows.

Morlun??

LOL! He's only been around since 2002, and only been in TWO stories. And one of them was pure garbage.

This is the most hilarious rumour since John Jameson was rumoured to dress up as Spidey in SM-2, and pretend to be Spider-Man to impress MJ.

A very recent villain named Morlun, he was featured around the time of Eziekel who was an old man with identical spider powers to Parker, a load of crap followed where Peter discovers that the spider that bit him was no coincidence. I really despised this arc

Yeah, that arc kinda ruined the origin:csad:

The worst part of it all would be introducing Ezeikel, god they ****ed over Parkers origins big time with this guy

Now before everyone gets into how Morlun was part of the story that led to Peter's powers being mystical and all that, let's remember just how much of a challange Morlun was.

He was never beaten physically, he was like Juggernaut. So despite his back story, having Spidey face off against a foe of that magnitude, on screen, could be fantastic.

Morlun??

LOL! He's only been around since 2002, and only been in TWO stories. And one of them was pure garbage.

This is the most hilarious rumour since John Jameson was rumoured to dress up as Spidey in SM-2, and pretend to be Spider-Man to impress MJ.

I don't know about the MJ thing but I thought there was a scene with Jonah dressed as Spidey?

AHAHAHA thats hilarious, oh man i wish they would have filled that just for like a special feature or something

what's the point though when his powers were an awful morbius rip off concept?

I don't know about the MJ thing but I thought there was a scene with Jonah dressed as Spidey?

Yeah, Jonah. Not John. And he was supposed to be the one who was captured by Ock and delivered to Harry.

I swear, someone starts a rumour, no matter how crazy, and someone will always believe it. Chocolate cake girl was rumoured to be Gwen Stacy, and half the forum believed it :dry:

WOW. They must be desperate to top 3. Otherwise, why try an arc that tinkers with the origin? I'd rather see Vulture in 4, with the story planned for 3.

Yeah, Jonah. Not John. And he was supposed to be the one who was captured by Ock and delivered to Harry.

I swear, someone starts a rumour, no matter how crazy, and someone will always believe it. Chocolate cake girl was rumoured to be Gwen Stacy, and half the forum believed it :dry:

Jonah dressing up was referenced in the novelization of 2. I believe Betty found footprints on the desk, and paperclip webs on the ceiling. Nice comic relief moment. :woot:

i really liked the morlun story, the way they built everything up. i dont like the whole spider totem thing, but the overally story was great.

the dialogue during the battle, the vicious way spider-man fought for his life for hours. the way spider-man gave him everything he had, but morlun was still unscathed.

and then finally, spider-man used his intellect to defeat him by injecting himself with something that could've possible killed him out of desperation.

bloodied up and finally able to rest after a whole day of fighting, he's passed out on his bed, and aunt may walks in and finds out he's spider-man.

it has alot of potential.

**** hit the fans though when Aunt May found out....

i really liked the morlun story, the way they built everything up. i dont like the whole spider totem thing, but the overally story was great.

the dialogue during the battle, the vicious way spider-man fought for his life for hours. the way spider-man gave him everything he had, but morlun was still unscathed.

and then finally, spider-man used his intellect to defeat him by injecting himself with something that could've possible killed him out of desperation.

bloodied up and finally able to rest after a whole day of fighting, he's passed out on his bed, and aunt may walks in and finds out he's spider-man.

The fight was well done but besides that the story sucked major donkey balls.

He was never beaten physically, he was like Juggernaut. So despite his back story, having Spidey face off against a foe of that magnitude, on screen, could be fantastic.
they may as well just do that with Venom. they may as well just make Rhino the main villain or something lol

Peter needs to go the the market for some garlic, it would seem.

^Maybe that's why they want Morlun. But such a scenario could easily be done with Venom as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"