The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

Tobey's spidey held up a cable car full of kids one handed hanging from a single strand of web

What became of all the people that Spider-Man didn't save in their vehicles that were just left dangling by a spiderweb on the bridge? Eventually the webs would deteroriate & they would just fall in the water.
Correct me if I am wrong because I don't remember too well, but I don't think that they showed Spidey actually leaving the bridge. He could have been swinging to another car, but there would be no reason to show him checking every car dangling from the bridge. Also, I think the cops were on the way, so they probably would have gotten there in time to save people.

I'm not sure about the strength comparison. We have Tobey's Spider-Man holding back that big wall at the end of SM2 when the reactor is going haywire. We don't have anything like that with Garfield yet, but he does seem quick and agile.

Andrews Spidey held that car up with one strand of web. As well as going toe to toe with The Lizard.

Tobey's spidey held up a cable car full of kids one handed hanging from a single strand of web

Raimi's Spidey has definitely been shown to be stronger, and while Webb's Spider-Man did keep a vehicle up, Raimi's Spider-Man held unto a cable car. Big difference there. Again, I don't think Webb is trying to make his Spider-Man as strong anyways, but much more faster and more agile.

Correct me if I am wrong because I don't remember too well, but I don't think that they showed Spidey actually leaving the bridge. He could have been swinging to another car, but there would be no reason to show him checking every car dangling from the bridge. Also, I think the cops were on the way, so they probably would have gotten there in time to save people.

Imo, this scene gets the same reaction from me as in Spider-Man 3 when, after saving Gwen Stacy from falling, Spider-Man just left without caring about the debris. In this, I feel that Spider-Man should've stayed, otherwise, how the bad place will the NYPD/other will try to get any civilians out of their vehicles while dangling off the bridge by webbing? For someone who seemed to care about doing more than being on some vendetta now, he didn't seem to care after saving only one boy.

I just assumed there wasn't anyone left in any of the cars. Everyone got out of their cars and ran away.

Then why bother to save the cars while a giant Lizard is rampaging somewhere else?

I don't remember well, but maybe that scene should have been a little longer.

What became of all the people that Spider-Man didn't save in their vehicles that were just left dangling by a spiderweb on the bridge? Eventually the webs would deteroriate & they would just fall in the water.

How strong is Andrew's Spider-Man compared to Tobey's Spider-Man? They didn't go into any great detail explaining Spider-Man's strength or other powers in this one compared to the original.
Well, the dad who's kid was trapped got out just fine, so I assume everyone else just climbed up or something

I just assumed there wasn't anyone left in any of the cars. Everyone got out of their cars and ran away.

Dr. Ratha was definitely still in the limo when the lizard knocked it over the edge of the bridge but we never see the lizard attack the limo again once it goes over because he was already turning human again at that point, so we don't really know the fate of Dr. Ratha one way or the other. If we go by the deleted scenes it does appear that the lizard did get Dr. Ratha at some point but since those scenes were cut out are we going to have to pretend that they didn't really take place?

in the previsualizations the police arrived when spidey left

Dr. Ratha was someone else the audience at least sees that was still in their vehicle, and there had to be more because...

Then why bother to save the cars while a giant Lizard is rampaging somewhere else?

...BlueLightning makes a great point.

I'm not sure about the strength comparison. We have Tobey's Spider-Man holding back that big wall at the end of SM2 when the reactor is going haywire. We don't have anything like that with Garfield yet, but he does seem quick and agile.

I think that's the difference between the two versions of Spidey, at least so far since we've only got the one film to compare. But Raimi's Spidey is stronger where Webb's Spidey is much quicker and more agile.

Imo, this scene gets the same reaction from me as in Spider-Man 3 when, after saving Gwen Stacy from falling, Spider-Man just left without caring about the debris. In this, I feel that Spider-Man should've stayed, otherwise, how the bad place will the NYPD/other will try to get any civilians out of their vehicles while dangling off the bridge by webbing? For someone who seemed to care about doing more than being on some vendetta now, he didn't seem to care after saving only one boy.

It appeared to me that the other cars were empty, aside from the one with Ratha. Everyone was getting out of their cars and running down the bridge away from the incoming Lizard. You have the one man screaming for someone to help save his kid but no one else was either screaming for their loved one/family member to be saved nor screaming for their own safety within one of the dangling vehicles. Ratha of course appeared to have been knocked unconscious so he's not making a peep. The police were on their way if not already on scene and Spider-man was a highly wanted man. Him staying would have caused even more unecessary issues. IMO, those other vehicles were empty...I have no reason to believe they were occupied and there's no proof either.

This.

Then it baffles me to wonder why Peter webbed up the vehicles if they were empty. Who cares about empty vehicles when he could spend that time and focus on this giant lizard instead?

Let alone, no, Spidey was not a wanted man by then. Only after that did Captain Stacy say Spider-Man was now wanted.

Then it baffles me to wonder why Peter webbed up the vehicles if they were empty. Who cares about empty vehicles when he could spend that time and focus on this giant lizard instead?

Let alone, no, Spidey was not a wanted man by then. Only after that did Captain Stacy say Spider-Man was now wanted.

if he wouldn´t webbed the vehicles he wouldn´t saved jack :cwink: and that means no crane dad

Peter just came from a dinner in which Stacy told him that they were trying to cath "that Spider guy" because he was a vigilante out for his own selfish needs. Stacy even says "not yet, but we will" after his son asks if he caught him yet. Not to mention the cops had chased him from the car thief not to long before that. Stacy makes the official statement at a press conference the next day but that doesn't mean Spidey wasn't wanted by them before that...police don't need an official statement to 'want' a criminal. It's called using strategy.

Why is it so baffling for Spidey to save the cars? Two of them were occupied and it's quite possible the others were as well. He didn't know they were or weren't but better to error on the side of caution. No? Yeah, I think so. It wasn't until after saving the kid that none of the other cars appeared to be occupied. Ratha is unconcious and no one else was calling for aid.

if he wouldn´t webbed the vehicles he wouldn´t saved jack :cwink: and that means no crane dad

Lol, so webbing all of those vehicles was a cheap device to bring in Crane Dad and his son?

What would've been smarter if Spidey just webbed up the vehicle(s) when someone was actually still in them.

Peter just came from a dinner in which Stacy told him that they were trying to cath "that Spider guy" because he was a vigilante out for his own selfish needs. Stacy even says "not yet, but we will" after his son asks if he caught him yet. Not to mention the cops had chased him from the car thief not to long before that. Stacy makes the official statement at a press conference the next day but that doesn't mean Spidey wasn't wanted by them before that...police don't need an official statement to 'want' a criminal. It's called using strategy.

Why is it so baffling for Spidey to save the cars? Two of them were occupied and it's quite possible the others were as well. He didn't know they were or weren't but better to error on the side of caution. No? Yeah, I think so. It wasn't until after saving the kid that none of the other cars appeared to be occupied. Ratha is unconcious and no one else was calling for aid.

They were after him, but he was definitely not 'wanted' yet. Beforehand, he was probably focused on to be questioned, but for sure not wanted by the police. Now the Lizard shows up and the police think Spidey's just as worse or even some accomplice.

Two of them were occupied and it's quite possible the others were as well.

This is why I ask why not save anyone else if there were people in the other vehicles, lol.

Lol, so webbing all of those vehicles was a cheap device to bring in Crane Dad and his son?

What would've been smarter if Spidey just webbed up the vehicle(s) when someone was actually still in them.

actually, he wasn´t certain the cars were empty ,the police was comming right after he saved Jack so he had to leave because he was known for the car thief thing Stacy was out for him before the Bridge scene because one of the Stacy kids asks "Did you catch spider-guy yet?"

They were after him, but he was definitely not 'wanted' yet. Beforehand, he was probably focused on to be questioned, but for sure not wanted by the police. Now the Lizard shows up and the police think Spidey's just as worse or even some accomplice.

This is why I ask why not save anyone else if there were people in the other vehicles, lol.

No matter how you want to define 'wanted' or 'after him' makes no difference. Peter was aware that the police were trying to catch him and he was definitely on their radar. This was made evident from the car thief scene and later reinforced by Capt Stacy's words at dinner. Unofficially they were attempting to obtain Spider-man and probably using a low-level amount of police to work on the case. That is, until the bridge incident where Stacy makes an official announcement because they believe Spidey to be a real threat. Now the police would use a greater amount of resources to try and catch him.

Spidey is swinging into the scene and doesn't know if the cars are occupied. Like I said, he errs on the side of caution and webs up the cars. One man screams for someone to save his kid. Spidey sees that the Lizard is leaving the scene after he was kicked. Spidey saves the kid. No one else is either screaming for help to save a loved one/family member/friend or even a stranger trapped nor anyone screaming from inside one of the cars. There's no proof that they were occupied. The police were on scene and Spider-man hanging around would have cause more issues. That's how I see it.

And with the case of Dr. Ratha...they could be knocked out and not scream for help, lol. I just see the scene as the way I view that crane scene in Spider-Man 3. Spidey should have done more than what we see in the scene, and he didn't.

And with the case of Dr. Ratha...they could be knocked out and not scream for help, lol. I just see the scene as the way I view that crane scene in Spider-Man 3. Spidey should have done more than what we see in the scene, and he didn't.

yeah, the difference here Spiderman wasn´t friendly to the police eyes,they were trying to get him, if the the poilce sees him they would´ve start shooting at him, and yeah, the police is comming just after he saved jack that´s why he left you can hear it in the scene when he says "Im Spiderman"

Spidey is swinging into the scene and doesn't know if the cars are occupied. Like I said, he errs on the side of caution and webs up the cars. One man screams for someone to save his kid. Spidey sees that the Lizard is leaving the scene after he was kicked. Spidey saves the kid. No one else is either screaming for help to save a loved one/family member/friend or even a stranger trapped nor anyone screaming from inside one of the cars. There's no proof that they were occupied. The police were on scene and Spider-man hanging around would have cause more issues. That's how I see it.

That makes sense, but I really need to watch this film again, because that scene still troubles me a little now.

It seems to me that some people are just looking for reasons to hate on the film. First, Peter is "dumb" because they think he bought the web fluid directly from Oscorp...and now since the film doesnt explicitly show the cars to be empty, people are automatically thinking theyre full of senior citizens and children, whom spidey irresponsibly leaves to hang for their lives. Has ANYONE thought of this: if Webb intended for there to be more people that needed Spideys immediate help, that he would have shown Spidey saving them? If there were more innocent people who needed immediate aid, and Spidey didn't help them, that would totally undermine the entire point of the scene, which is Peter realizing that e needs to use his powers to help people instead of getting revenge.

And not grabbing Ratha doesn't really count (he already saved him by webbing the car) because he's a villan and we're either supposed to assume that he died in the fall, or that his fate is intentionally not shown. But based on the deleted footage we know at one point he was meant to have lived, which means that Spidey left knowing the police were able to retrieve Ratha.

All that being said, one could always argue that any other people being saved happened off camera, and that the kid was just the focus. *shrugs*

The little boy was the focus of that scene. They showed him being saved, and then cut to him swinging away. The obvious implication was that the people in the other cars (if there were any) got saved through other means.
He didn't let them dangle and fall into the river because the film did not address his webbing dissolving after an hour. As a matter of fact I'd argue that the whole '1 hour' time limit from the comics was not carried over into this movie for a good bit of reasons.
I also don't know how we're saying he was 'stronger' in the Raimi film when we have next to nothing to compare that to.
Just because he didn't perform feats of strength like he did in the previous trilogy doesn't mean the character isn't capable of it, just that there was no need to demonstrate the ability to do so in this film. They are definitely focusing more on his agility and speed, but there's not a conscious attempt on their part to downplay the character's tremendous strength.

Last edited:
yeah, the difference here Spiderman wasn´t friendly to the police eyes,they were trying to get him, if the the poilce sees him they would´ve start shooting at him, and yeah, the police is comming just after he saved jack that´s why he left you can hear it in the scene when he says "Im Spiderman"

There's no way of assuming the police would immediately start shooting if Spidey is getting civilians out of vehicles that are hanging off the bridge. Would be kinda careless to shoot at someone trying to help people get out.

It seems to me that some people are just looking for reasons to hate on the film. First, Peter is "dumb" because they think he bought the web fluid directly from Oscorp...and now since the film doesnt explicitly show the cars to be empty, people are automatically thinking theyre full of senior citizens and children, whom spidey irresponsibly leaves to hang for their lives. Has ANYONE thought of this: if Webb intended for there to be more people that needed Spideys immediate help, that he would have shown Spidey saving them? If there were more innocent people who needed immediate aid, and Spidey didn't help them, that would totally undermine the entire point of the scene, which is Peter realizing that e needs to use his powers to help people instead of getting revenge.

And not grabbing Ratha doesn't really count (he already saved him by webbing the car) because he's a villan and we're either supposed to assume that he died in the fall, or that his fate is intentionally not shown. But based on the deleted footage we know at one point he was meant to have lived, which means that Spidey left knowing the police were able to retrieve Ratha.

All that being said, one could always argue that any other people being saved happened off camera, and that the kid was just the focus. *shrugs*

I didn't know anyone was calling Peter "dumb" for using the biocable at OsCorp. Who ever said that?

And it was difficult to call Dr. Ratha a villain when he only tried to do one bad move with testing the serum that never did come to fruition, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"