TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

Discussion in 'The Amazing Spider-Man' started by Picard Sisko, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Well-Known Member

It will be awesome if they use that in the movie

Norman deduces Spidey's identity by tracing the biocable Peter keeps buying

2. Spiderdevil

Others ran away,scared of the Lizard.We saw that happening

3. SpiderMarvelite

SpiderMarvelite Well-Known Member

Great discussion guys, great thoughts I loved reading the posts.

4. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Not everything needs to be shown and explained for you in a film. That would ruin the flow and fun. Oscorp suing Spidey for stealing the bio cable? They probably won't even know that it's their product he's using. Their product was shown to be used as a cable to pull heavy things etc. I don't think they'd come to the conclusion that it's their product Spidey is chosing to swing with.

Though it WOULD have been much better if he created the web formula on his own instead, but this whole legal stuff is reaching for it if you ask me.

Then we have the bridge scene people are complaining about. I can see what you mean, but there's no way it would be fun to watch Spidey go through every car just because "that would make most sense". If he'd done that, the same people would complain that it was unnecessary and so on. Not every single thing needs (and should) be shown on camera. Sometimes a film requires the viewer to imaginate some on his/her own.

It's like in The Dark Knight Rises. I've heard complaints where people say "How the heck did Bruce get back to Gotham??". And that is a much bigger thing than any of you guys are complaining about in ASM imo. Yet I don't care to bother that much about it, because I just have to assume that he got there somehow, I have to use my imagination a bit. I don't need to see how he got there, all I need to know is that somehow he did. Sure, some things are done sloppy in films that should be more clear etc. but things like these are reaching for it, for the sake of it.

5. Thwip!

Thwip! Well-Known Member

Because it's better to be safe than sorry, plain as that

6. AF3619

AF3619 You´re those Spider-guys!

hmmm.....is not like before someone tried to arrest him because they thought he did was the one doing the crime but shot first before any explanation ......:oldrazz:

7. AF3619

THIS!:up:

8. Spiderdevil

Or simply assume that he was immature

He is still in his learning phase and learn these things slowly

9. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

There ya go, you finally got my point, haha.

I think it would be nice to do this as it would be very "outside the box" and it would be....dun, dun, dun...logical thinking in a CBM, lol.

There could be many others that were knocked out such as Dr. Ratha.

The "legal stuff" would be something new we haven't seen and actually show that people are having a watchful eye over their company such as Coleman Reese in TDK, but the idea would be only expanded on and actually be better than how TDK did it(yes, yes, I said an idea of TDK could be better).

If you can see what I mean, then that's that. If there's a hint of what could have been, then it's open for discussion on what could have been, imo.

But still, even when I say "Bruce Wayne had two months to return, so it's possible for him to get to Gotham any which way he could possibly find", I am still open in talking about how some view it silly that we never see how Bruce exactly got back to Gotham.

Except for that moment, Spidey wasn't helping anyone escape their vehicles. As I said, it would be careless to shoot Spidey while he's helping others escape. In that scene you're talking about, did Spidey have a child beside him? Lol.

10. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

There's no proof that the other cars were occupied. You can assume that they were just as much as I can say that they weren't. It clearly showed people getting out of their cars and running down the bridge away from the Lizard. No one was screaming for help other than the man with his kid trapped. With the police now on scene there's no reason for Spidey to stick around. The scene did a good job of getting the point across about Peter learning he needs to use his powers to help people, just as Ben told him.

Totally agree.

It's difficult to compare the whole 'strength' thing between the two versions because of only the one film from Webb. I don't think they're downplaying it either as you say but they've definitely shown how fast he can be. After this one movie, Webb's Spidey appears to be much faster than Raimi's but he's got a lot to do to show that he can be stronger than Raimi's...stopping a brakeless train...yeah, that's gonna be difficult.

Unless of course they assume that Spidey is the one that threw the cars off the bridge and is now attacking the people inside and not trying to save them. Spider-man has a bad reputation with the police so it's easy to say they'd think he was doing something to cause harm. Police are human and bound to make mistakes. Just like that cop that opened fire on Spidey and could have hit the car thief or the one that shot Spidey in the leg after Stacy told them to not shoot. There's a lot of commotion and confusion on the bridge so I could see some people on the bridge yelling to the police that Spider-man was trying to hurt someone and they would open fire.

11. AF3619

exactly well the first part most
    Spidey just brought Jack to his dad when the police arrived, and he just saved him but the police would´ve thought spiderman did it because lizard left the scene

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  12. SpiderMarvelite

SpiderMarvelite Well-Known Member

Try use a little thing called: Imagination.

It gets boring if we see what happened, the scene would have been to long and would have taken us out of 'Spider-Man".

You could guess that they climbed out of the cars, or the rescue team came and saved them they didn't fall and die.

If they did die, it would have said it on the news Peter was watching.

13. Anno_Domini

There is at least proof that one other vehicle was occupied with Dr. Ratha in there who was knocked out, so one could say other vehicles had people still in them as well. That's all my point is.

I think it's fair to match up the strength levels already as Raimi's first film, he held unto a cable car while also webbed unto the bottom of the bridge, while in Webb's film, nothing really showed off any immense strength but rather showed off Spidey's quickness and agility. I believe it was even rumored once that Webb was always going to have a faster Spider-Man, but not be as strong as Raimi's version and we sorta see the difference already with Raimi's version being much stronger while Webb's version is much more faster.

I think the assumption is clear that the police thought Spidey was somehow or at least partially responsible to have a warrant for his arrest the very next day, but still, I don't see how they'd open fire if Spidey was helping civilians. We'll never know though since that scene wasn't expanded on.

Oh, don't worry. My use of imagination makes TAS-M a whole lot better than what it actually was :oldrazz:

But in all seriousness, it definitely does come to imagination, such as I could indeed imagine that there were other people inside their vehicles dangling off the bridge that Spidey didn't bother to rescue, ala Dr. Ratha.

14. AF3619

is not because he didn´t bothered , he knew the police was comming and they arrived just right after he saved jack, he couldn´t stay because the police would´ve thought he did it and they did!, even if someone said he wasn´t responsable they would´ve asked him to go with them for interrogation, so he left because they knew the help was in the way

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  15. Anno_Domini

Didn't know Spider-Man was the type to listen to the police, lol. They could ask all they wanted, haha.

16. AF3619

so, if he stayed what would´ve happened? they arrive find spiderman (a wanted man)in a the bridge and cars hanging from it, who would they arrest? and if they ask anything the first thing would´ve done is try to arrest spidey so he would´ve left anyway...lol

17. Spiderdevil

They didnt show him saving other people because the focus of the moment was his saving a kid and then seeing the father-son and remembering the father he never had.Webb wanted to focus on the orphan aspect on Peter Parker,showing anything other than that would have ruined the moment

These things happen all the time,like how they didnt show Batman go back up to deal with Joker and his thugs after he saved Rachel from falling in TDK
    I mean that was more dangerous,the cars would probably just hang there and the police will get them out anyway but the Joker can kill people

I am not nitpicking on TDK,just showing how not everything needs to be shown

18. Oscorp

Oscorp Well-Known Member

Very good points! :up:

19. Anno_Domini

So...Spidey isn't fast enough to save any other civilians before the police actually reached the bridge?

I just find that we could've seen more. Heck, we could've even saw Spidey save Dr. Ratha.

Lol, you forget the difference in that Joker only wanted to kill Harvey Dent, thus he had no reason to kill anyone else, while we aren't given a real reason, except for assumptions from fans, on why Spidey only saved the kid when we at least saw Dr. Ratha in his vehicle.

20. Web face

Web face Well-Known Member

How would you know that Joker wouldn't kill anyone else? I mean he shot the driver of a truck when he probably didn't need to because we saw that he could take on a cop that was slightly bigger than him right after he got the **** beaten out of him by batman. Whose to say that Joker wouldn't kill someone for the fun of it and to piss off Batman?

Also, I know I asked this before, but I didn't get an answer so I'll just say it again. Did we actually see Spider-man leave the bridge?

21. Anno_Domini

The driver of the 'Slaughterhouse' truck? Is that what you're speaking of? Because the driver was already dead, Joker didn't shoot him, so I don't know what exactly your point is.

But, no, Joker wasn't going to do anything else. His plan at that moment was simple, the three people he targeted and only them: Commissioner Loeb, Harvey Dent and that one judge.

Didn't see the question before, but yes, we saw Spider-Man leave.

22. Web face

Oh wait, I screwed that up lol. I was remembering thing backwards. I was thinking of the scene where joker was driving, someone starts speaking to him and just pulls out a shotgun and nails him in the face. Well with my made up scene, the point that I was trying to make was that Joker wasn't afraid to kill random people but since that didn't happen, I'm not quite sure what my point is either.
    Leave the bridge all together or did we just see him swing out of sight?

23. Anno_Domini

We see him make a swing...I believe...don't know, it's been a couple of months since I saw it last.

24. Web face

Yeah I haven't seen in it a while either, actually I only saw it once in theaters. Basically, the point that I am trying to make about him swinging away is that he could be swinging to another car. That doesn't agree with other theories like him leaving because the cops were there though.

25. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Yes, we see him swing away under the bridge.