The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

Just those 2.

Honest.

:o

I believe you :cwink:

I'm actually you Anno, YOU'RE THE CLONE

One of many.

Imperial_Stormtroopers_002.jpg

In my latest viewing i decided to try chronologize the film. Sorry if im late to the party.

It takes place in the span of about 3 weeks:
Friday - school fight, finds briefcase, researches Connors
Saturday - Oscorp internship/spiderbite, subway scuffle
Sunday - destroys bathroom, Connors' home
Monday - basketball court, skateboard training, Connors' lab, Ben's death
Tuesday - school hallway, alleyway scrap/rooftops/wrestling ring
Wednesday - draws in class, sews first mask, continues hunting burglar
Th, F, S - crafts webshooter, skyscraper handstand, police scanner and helicopter swing
Sunday - leaves criminal in front of PD, "everything spandex"
Monday - physics nerds, crafts suit
Tue, Wed - POV swing, car thief, "secrets have a cost," Connors fired (i also think Pete ditches these two days and thats why he thinks Thurs. is Mon.)
Thursday - branzino, bridge brawl, "I'm Spider-Man"
Friday - press conference, football field, "free track" oscorp/stacy's office
Sat, Sun - sewer scrap, Gwen's room
Monday - school battle, bio attack, crane swing, final battle, capt stacy death
T W Th - funeral, "if theres one thing you are, it's good." Bens voicemail
Friday - cool shirt, " don't make promises you can't keep" final swing

Gets sorta fuzzy after Stacy's death but thats my interpretation. I also figure it takes place either March, April, May of Peter/Gwen/Flash's junior year or Sept. Oct. Nov. of their senior year. But i spose we'll be given more clues to that in the next installment.

Last edited:
Had to be longer than that even. From the first Thursday, it had to be longer than just the following three days as the webbing looked as if it was shipped through mail.

Id agree on that point. Doubt hed spring for the priority mail in that case. But for the suit i figure its possible he picked up the materials from local shops and made it in one night. He had to take that night off so it could dry though.

If he was interested in the biocables when he first saw them he may have ordered them in the next couple days though. If only to learn more about the spider that bit him.

In my latest viewing i decided to try chronologize the film. Sorry if im late to the party.

It takes place in the span of about 3 weeks:
Friday - school fight, finds briefcase, researches Connors
Saturday - Oscorp internship/spiderbite, subway scuffle
Sunday - destroys bathroom, Connors' home
Monday - basketball court, skateboard training, Connors' lab, Ben's death
Tuesday - school hallway, alleyway scrap/rooftops/wrestling ring
Wednesday - draws in class, sews first mask, continues hunting burglar
Th, F, S - crafts webshooter, skyscraper handstand, police scanner and helicopter swing
Sunday - leaves criminal in front of PD, "everything spandex"
Monday - physics nerds, crafts suit
Tue, Wed - POV swing, car thief, "secrets have a cost," Connors fired (i also think Pete ditches these two days and thats why he thinks Thurs. is Mon.)
Thursday - branzino, bridge brawl, "I'm Spider-Man"
Friday - press conference, football field, "free track" oscorp/stacy's office
Sat, Sun - sewer scrap, Gwen's room
Monday - school battle, bio attack, crane swing, final battle, capt stacy death
T W Th - funeral, "if theres one thing you are, it's good." Bens voicemail
Friday - cool shirt, " don't make promises you can't keep" final swing

Gets sorta fuzzy after Stacy's death but thats my interpretation. I also figure it takes place either March, April, May of Peter/Gwen/Flash's junior year or Sept. Oct. Nov. of their senior year. But i spose we'll be given more clues to that in the next installment.

Nice work. It's for sure their senior year though. I wonder where they're going to be starting in the sequel? Personally, I'd like to see a few months after the first one. Maybe 4-6 months? Middle or middle-end of senior year.

I say maybe 2 months after TASM. So we can tell that Spider-Man is apart offthe city and fights crime on a regular basis

TASM was for sure during September/ October/ November/ December.

It seems to be cold out since they wear Fall clothes throughout the film, so it's surely in the Fall.
It also says October on the Daily Bugle Newspaper in one scene.
As for the final swing, I think it took place in late November or December, since you can see Holiday lights on one of the fire escapes in the alley during the final swing, so then it's probably already winter.

I say maybe 2 months after TASM. So we can tell that Spider-Man is apart offthe city and fights crime on a regular basis

Yeah definitely. I mean Marc Webb said he'd be a virtuoso right from the bat, so I figure maybe a few months lol.

Someone mentioned that this film was lacking Spider-Man's presence in New York City, which is true. However, I think in this franchise, he is earning it. In SM1, he becomes Spider-Man, suddenly everyone knows who he is. I think something like that should take time. Right now, he is just some masked vigilante.

ALSO

What makes his presence big in NYC is the Daily Bugle, and especially JAMESON. I think by the next film, this roaring hatred will grow for him (maybe they blame him for Captain Stacey's death) and he is now wanted for his murder. This is only the beginning, so I'm excited to see how this trilogy is as a whole.

TASM was for sure during September/ October/ November/ December.

It seems to be cold out since they wear Fall clothes throughout the film, so it's surely in the Fall.
It also says October on the Daily Bugle Newspaper in one scene.
As for the final swing, I think it took place in late November or December, since you can see Holiday lights on one of the fire escapes in the alley during the final swing, so then it's probably already winter.

Good eye on the newspaper. Makes complete sense 'cause if you think of it, in the beginning of the movie, I feel like it's maybe the 2nd or 3rd day of school. (Which is usually September) People could wonder why he barely talks to Gwen after all this time until she initiated. But it's probably because she barely popped up in one of his classes or so.

Someone mentioned that this film was lacking Spider-Man's presence in New York City, which is true. However, I think in this franchise, he is earning it. In SM1, he becomes Spider-Man, suddenly everyone knows who he is. I think something like that should take time. Right now, he is just some masked vigilante.

ALSO

What makes his presence big in NYC is the Daily Bugle, and especially JAMESON. I think by the next film, this roaring hatred will grow for him (maybe they blame him for Captain Stacey's death) and he is now wanted for his murder. This is only the beginning, so I'm excited to see how this trilogy is as a whole.

I agree with about everything you just said. I saw a marketing screening for the movie in.. March? Very rough. And that's the first thing that came to mind was that he's not really Spider-Man, SPIDER-MAN yet. I can't wait to see when he IS though. I wanna see more wise cracking with all his opponents.

I agree with about everything you just said. I saw a marketing screening for the movie in.. March? Very rough. And that's the first thing that came to mind was that he's not really Spider-Man, SPIDER-MAN yet. I can't wait to see when he IS though. I wanna see more wise cracking with all his opponents.

At first I looked at this as a flaw, but then I thought about how it makes more sense. In the early issues of Amazing Spider-Man, he didn't really have that big presence in the city. But now, I actually like that. I think he will continue growing through all three films and reach the point where he is a strong Spider-Man. He has really learned responsibility, has Mary Jane, and everyone knows who "spider-man" is. One reason why I hate seeing Peter dying in Ultimate Spider-Man, he never really got anywhere... he never finished high school. :doh:

At first I looked at this as a flaw, but then I thought about how it makes more sense. In the early issues of Amazing Spider-Man, he didn't really have that big presence in the city. But now, I actually like that. I think he will continue growing through all three films and reach the point where he is a strong Spider-Man. He has really learned responsibility, has Mary Jane, and everyone knows who "spider-man" is. One reason why I hate seeing Peter dying in Ultimate Spider-Man, he never really got anywhere... he never finished high school. :doh:

Yeah I can see that.
And agh I actually am reading USM now and I'm on tpb vol. 10, and I guess it sucks to know that he never finished high school. Damn you bendis! But damn him for being so good too..haha

One thing I don't understand is that they wanted minorities to relate to the character, and I think that's ridiculous. I don't relate to Spider-Man because he is white, but because he is just the "everyman." He has financial issues, relationship problems, he is an outcast, his parents died, etc. No reason to kill him off just to get Miles Morales. They could have just created a second Spider-Man, or an entirely new character if they wanted more diversity.

One thing I don't understand is that they wanted minorities to relate to the character, and I think that's ridiculous. I don't relate to Spider-Man because he is white, but because he is just the "everyman." He has financial issues, relationship problems, he is an outcast, his parents died, etc. No reason to kill him off just to get Miles Morales. They could have just created a second Spider-Man, or an entirely new character if they wanted more diversity.

Yeah that sounds about right. It really sucks to know you can't go back. Kinda like The Spectacular Spider-Man. I really really liked that series. Just can't go back because we have a new series. I think you and I are on the same page about a lot of things haha. High five.

Yeah that sounds about right. It really sucks to know you can't go back. Kinda like The Spectacular Spider-Man. I really really liked that series. Just can't go back because we have a new series. I think you and I are on the same page about a lot of things haha. High five.

:highfive:

I really hope that Ultimate Spider-Man gets cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"