The Dark Knight Rises TDK sequel in 2011

pfft, beat me to it by a few minutes :oldrazz:

from the SHH front page:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=8013

Next Batman Movie in 2011?
Source:Courier-Post
January 25, 2009

New Jersey's Courier-Post talked to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight executive producer Michael Uslan, who expects the third installment of the Christopher Nolan-directed films, starring Christian Bale, to hit theaters in 2011:

Uslan will be onboard as executive producer for the "Dark Knight" sequel, which he estimates will be theaters by 2011. As for the identity of the next round of Batman's supervillains and love interests, Uslan remains tight-lipped. "It's one of those deals where if I told you, I'd have to kill you," he says with a chuckle.

In related news, while The Dark Knight did not receive the Producer of the Year Award at the Producers Guild of America Awards on Saturday (it went to Slumdog Millionaire), the movie did receive awards at the Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday - Heath Ledger won for Best Supporting Actor and The Dark Knight also won Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture.

I guess we'll see how accurate the claim is once Nolan signs on.

i'm just wondering if this thing holds any water. if they want the 3rd movie to be out by 2011 it means they must be writing this thing already and ready to shoot no later than next year.

and how does this affect Bale's shooting schedule for the Terminator Salvation sequel? they've greenlighted that already.

Still nothing here to really suggest anything is concrete yet. Give it a few more months.

Still nothing here to really suggest anything is concrete yet. Give it a few more months.

dude totally off topic but where is your avy from, are they making a Wonder Woman movie or somthin?

Well it made me change my pants, that's good enough for me.

it was expected to be 3 years, but its still good to hear it

I believe a press release for The Dark Knight came out in the summer of 2006. So if this project is actually moving forward, with Nolan planning to return, then we should hear something concrete within several months.

i'm just wondering if this thing holds any water. if they want the 3rd movie to be out by 2011 it means they must be writing this thing already and ready to shoot no later than next year.

It's quite possible that they're further ahead in the writing process, than we have been led to believe.

Jonah Nolan had a completed first draft of TDK by the end of 2005. The movie wasn't officially announced until July of 2006. Just something to think about.

damn, mad comic movies for 2011. this, spiderman 4, avengers, captain america i mean damn

I'm still gonna be ****ting myself until I hear more concrete news... Especially about a villain/plotline.

damn, mad comic movies for 2011. this, spiderman 4, avengers, captain america i mean damn

Think any of those will skip a crowded summer and release over Christmas?

Last edited:
So this is what I hear,
my roommate works for Warner Bros. on the backlot in marketing and advertising with LEGENDARY Pictures (who also has 2 double sided posters to PM me about if interested) and is friends with Jennifer Cram, a casting scout for TDK, and has said that Jennifer made a trip to the set of The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, to actually speak with Johnny Depp about something and has actually also considered Colin Farell and/or Jude Law for a certain part in a movie coming out in 2011 or 2012!
For those with questions, because I know there's going to be many-
1.) You don't have to believe me but I just heard it and had to jump on here quick!
2.) I don't know exactly what this is for but it's batly obvious
3.) They have been in pre-production on this movie since the last one ended. Smart film makers say they are taking "time off" to do the difficult tasks of location scouting, casting, and gaining production capitol without the attention that most film makers beg for. Smart film makers never take time off ;)

i just want nolan signed and after that i can hibernate for 2 years totally calm and trustworthy.ill wake up in 2011 to watch the movie, then buy the trilogy blue ray collection, then die happy!:cwink:

If this is true..........Batman v Spidey in 2011!:wow::oldrazz:

Just a quick question, given TDK's recent acknowledgment for several awards, and granted the same team returns and the story is just as good as film two, I'm curious to see what people think of this. I know the whole US summer thing is good for business but given the success of film two one could argue that film three could be released pretty much any day and it will still rake in dollars, so the question begs on the off chance a film three is equal or greater than its predecessor anyone think WB may be tempted to perhaps release a third film later on in that year?

Last edited:

and how does this affect Bale's shooting schedule for the Terminator Salvation sequel? they've greenlighted that already.

Surely Batman comes first for Bale.

i just want nolan signed and after that i can hibernate for 2 years totally calm and trustworthy.ill wake up in 2011 to watch the movie, then buy the trilogy blue ray collection, then die happy!:cwink:

And if he isnt?:dry:

What if they are actually stupid enough to replace Nolan, Nolan may not be able to make mistakes, but Warner Bros can.

Also what if they don't stop making movies... What if they keep at it until 2100? Like the James Bond series?

Let us not get too comfortable people... It is often the third movie in which franchises fail.

I would be a bit surprised if they pulled this off as well as the first two movies, but maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Until Nolan says something, I just can't believe this stuff. It sounds like the producer is telling reporters what they want to hear. Or guessing.

somebody please answer this! didn't dark knight get announced the summer after batman begins came out? If so, we could have an official statement very soon

*keeps fingers crossed*

I hope all these rumors are true...Jude Law, Johnny Depp, etc. Could be amazing for a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"