The Dark Knight Rises TDK sequel in 2011

Doesn't the distributor lobby for or mark the release dates though?
i think they do, which places WB in a unique position since they distribute both films domestically. they can place their Batman film in a more lucrative opening date than Terminator 5. this of course depends if Halcyon would agree and if the rest of the distributors/ producers would follow suit.

but thats way down the line, when both films are in the can. i'm just thinking of the first step, of how Bale will be available to prep, shoot, do pick ups and AVR for both films. say for example.... something as simple as hairstyle, Bruce Waynes longer locks vs John Connor's close crop? how will that work? then theres the much debated weight issue, how Bale will fit in his Batsuit whilst keeping his hardened-soldier bulk.

I believe a press release for The Dark Knight came out in the summer of 2006. So if this project is actually moving forward, with Nolan planning to return, then we should hear something concrete within several months.
Good logic here. :up:

i think they do, which places WB in a unique position since they distribute both films domestically. they can place their Batman film in a more lucrative opening date than Terminator 5. this of course depends if Halcyon would agree and if the rest of the distributors/ producers would follow suit.

but thats way down the line, when both films are in the can. i'm just thinking of the first step, of how Bale will be available to prep, shoot, do pick ups and AVR for both films. say for example.... something as simple as hairstyle, Bruce Waynes longer locks vs John Connor's close crop? how will that work? then theres the much debated weight issue, how Bale will fit in his Batsuit whilst keeping his hardened-soldier bulk.

Good questions... as far as these Terminator sequels... is Bale even confirmed to be back? We don't know what his fate will be after the first film. I don't know... I guess you can grow the hair back in 6-12 months or so... shouldn't be a huge problem. So if T4 does well and Nolan continues to stall... fast track the Terminator sequel for 2011... then hold Batman off the following year. This report is basically a guestimation and not at all a confirmation for 2011 anyhow.

It's pretty funny how much word of mouth buzz this movie has without even being confirmed as existing, I've heard random friends talking about the whole Depp/Riddler thing, maybe the crew is just making sure people don't forget about the Batman series in these months off.

I won't get too excited til Nolan and/or Bale confirm their roles, but when you guys discuss Terminator taking priority, there IS the possibility that the new Terminator won't be the hit we're all expecting it to be. I've just learned too much from Spiderman 3's hype machine, TDK matched/exceeded expectations but not every movie does.

Good questions... as far as these Terminator sequels... is Bale even confirmed to be back? We don't know what his fate will be after the first film. I don't know... I guess you can grow the hair back in 6-12 months or so... shouldn't be a huge problem. So if T4 does well and Nolan continues to stall... fast track the Terminator sequel for 2011... then hold Batman off the following year. This report is basically a guestimation and not at all a confirmation for 2011 anyhow.

Bale signed a three picture deal for Terminator, just like Batman.

He's locked in for two more films (provided that Salvation is a success).

how did the previous McG movies do in the box office..?

Avengers... SM4... Cap... BB3... guys... it's just not going to work... and I don't care how much you people despise Spidey or Marvel... any DC fan who thinks those films don't represent formidable competition needs their head examined. Someone has to move... I'll wait for confirmation but right now I think Avengers needs to start packing b/c it won't be ready that soon.

uslan said 2011 was an estimate. and i am betting at least a few of those other projects will be moved and/or shelved.

although part of me would love to see spidey and batman in the same summer. it worked out nicely with iron man this summer and i thought the two films complimented each other nicely.

I agree^^. Although I believe marvel would want the best money possible

The Mayans trusted Nolan so much, they decided to wait until he was finished with his third Batman film to end the world.
:up:

The Mayans trusted Nolan so much, they decided to wait until he was finished with his third Batman film to end the world.

opening day of B3...BOOM!

armageddon29zb.jpg

That happens after the midnight showing, right?

Bale signed a three picture deal for Terminator, just like Batman.

He's locked in for two more films (provided that Salvation is a success).
yup what Ben said.

whatever ending TS may have (those who have been reading up on spoilers/ scriptment knows what i'm talking about), its confirmed that Bale will lead all Terminator films in McG's franchise. and feedback for TS has been so positive this early that Halcyon already greenlighted pre-production for Terminator 5. provided that TS makes at least decent numbers at the box office, T5 is a go for 2011.

Thanks for providing me with a new desktop pic Rasputin!

I truly hope WB doesn't try to rush anything and hopefully Nolan decides to come back.

From what I understand, that's exactly what the Mayans thought would happen.

Anyway, if there's a conflict, I hope TS2 gets pushed back a year. We don't absolutely need a sequel only two years after the first movie comes out.

Nice to know. I just let things happen when they happen because I don't decide these things. I'll leave others to worry about these things.

Oh yeah, that end of the world scenario...well, doesn't concern Finland. Think about WWII for example. We finns are like cockroaches: ugly and impossible to exterminate :woot:

So Finland isn't part of the world? ;)

Hehehe.

opening day of B3...BOOM!

armageddon29zb.jpg

That happens after the midnight showing, right?

Only Nostradomus knows...

LOL. You guys crack me up. Thanks.

Thanks for providing me with a new desktop pic Rasputin!

I truly hope WB doesn't try to rush anything and hopefully Nolan decides to come back.

There's doubt? I thought he had signed up? Or is it a rumour?

Angeloz

There's doubt? I thought he had signed up? Or is it a rumour?

Angeloz

There has been no confirmation that Nolan is onboard.

All that report had was someone from WB saying they plan to release the third film in 2011...key word is plan.

Well i heard that a possible villain would be Black Mask....

i heard it would be the Mad Hatter....:whatever:

played by Chris Rock

There has been no confirmation that Nolan is onboard.

All that report had was someone from WB saying they plan to release the third film in 2011...key word is plan.
It's all part of the plan...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"