The Dark Knight Rises TDK sequel in 2011

Let us not forget that Michael Uslan is notorious for being wrong/Missquoted/Taken out of Context/Saying things that he never said.

While the odds still are that he is right, I do remember one time when he mentioned Man-Bat and several surreal villains in an interview and everyone went around saying that he said they were going to appear in the Nolan franchise...

I mean fans knew his work outside Batman movie, general didn't know him that well until Batman Begins, so surley he put Batman first.

Yay! I hope this is true. I miss the buzz of a Batman movie being made.

Be very interesting with Batman and Spidey out together in theatres in the same summer.

Just a nice juicy rumour i just read -

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39889
One COMPLETELY UNSUBSTANTIATED rumor has THE SOPRANOS' David Chase taking over for Nolan. Personally, I call shenanigans. Just conveying a report recently sent in by one untested source...

Probably (definitly) bull, but if the Nolans can't find the story they want but WB wants to go ahead and do the sequal soon (which they despretly will do), i'd be interested in seeing a David Chase Batman film, being a big Sopronos head.

Michael Uslan talks an awful lot... that's all I'm saying.

I'll let Warner Bros/Nolan inform me of a third Batman movie.

--------------------------

^^^

Yeah but... No Nolan, No Bale!!!

I was expecting 2012 but this obviously sounds great too! 2011 doesn't sound like rushing things IMO. I mean it took Nolan and the posse three years to come up with TDK. This schedule is basically the same. Three years between TDk and the 3rd movie. So it's all good.

And btw 2011 looks pretty solid if you ask me. 3rd Batman movie, Avengers and maybe Hellboy III and Spider-man 4? Count me in!!

Just a nice juicy rumour i just read -

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39889
Probably (definitly) bull, but if the Nolans can't find the story they want but WB wants to go ahead and do the sequal soon (which they despretly will do), i'd be interested in seeing a David Chase Batman film, being a big Sopronos head.
And if he isnt?:dry:

What if they are actually stupid enough to replace Nolan, Nolan may not be able to make mistakes, but Warner Bros can..
they wouldnt dare. not only do they not want to piss off a highly respected director who delivered the 2nd highest grossing domestic movie of all time, but i'm pretty sure they've learned from the accident that was X3. in fact i'd dare say that they wouldnt want to put any undue pressure on Nolan lest something happens ala Raimi and Spidey3.

Think any of those will skip a crowded summer and release over Christmas?
Just a quick question, given TDK's recent acknowledgment for several awards, and granted the same team returns and the story is just as good as film two, I'm curious to see what people think of this. I know the whole US summer thing is good for business but given the success of film two one could argue that film three could be released pretty much any day and it will still rake in dollars, so the question begs on the off chance a film three is equal or greater than its predecessor anyone think WB may be tempted to perhaps release a third film later on in that year?
hmm maybe, perhaps if they want another stab at the elusive Oscar? but i was them, i wouldnt want to change the formula

Surely Batman comes first for Bale.
well knowing Bale, he'll prioritize Nolan (whatever movie he does) but this is the first time i can recall in his long career where he might run into scheduling conflicts between two major franchises totally dependent on his lead.

Avengers... SM4... Cap... BB3... guys... it's just not going to work... and I don't care how much you people despise Spidey or Marvel... any DC fan who thinks those films don't represent formidable competition needs their head examined. Someone has to move... I'll wait for confirmation but right now I think Avengers needs to start packing b/c it won't be ready that soon.

Last edited:
Batman and Terminator are the same studio right? Warner Bros? I hope that would help the situation. Maybe they would say Batman is the bigger priority.

I was expecting 2012 but this obviously sounds great too! 2011 doesn't sound like rushing things IMO. I mean it took Nolan and the posse three years to come up with TDK. This schedule is basically the same. Three years between TDk and the 3rd movie. So it's all good.

And btw 2011 looks pretty solid if you ask me. 3rd Batman movie, Avengers and maybe Hellboy III and Spider-man 4? Count me in!!

Aren't we meant to be dead in (May?) 2012 according to the Mayan calander? ;) :D

I guess we'll see when we see.

Angeloz

Aren't we meant to be dead in (May?) 2012 according to the Mayan calander? ;) :D

Angeloz

The calendar just ends then- not the world. If the world does end (which it won't), then at least Nolan will have finished the Batman trilogy, and we all will have lived a fulfilled life. :word:

The calendar just ends then- not the world. If the world does end (which it won't), then at least Nolan will have finished the Batman trilogy, and we all will have lived a fulfilled life. :word:

Hehehe. I agree. Although I believe the calander is a wheel so it can't just start over from the beginning? Oh well I was being silly. ;)

Angeloz

Yeah, Avengers would def have to move, mind you there not ready for that at all. If they planned an avengers movie, they should really planned ahead, getting all the scripts done first and filmed almost all the movies simultaneously. Now they've lost Samuel, changed howard, who knows whats happening with the hulk. thors casting should of already been done as well with captain america. A director should of been chosen...

It's a good concept, but until they sit down and really talk through this, they shouldn't of gotten all our hopes up.

now back onto :brucebat:.

2011, I'd be happy with that release date, and there was rumour already Chris was working on a script right? He just hadn't signed on yet. To me chris is a well planned guy, so hes gonna finish his script read over it a couple times, put it through jonah and goyer? and then decide if its good enough for the big screen. if not start again, and try probably 2 more times and if he can't get a script thast good enough he'll probably scrap it...

so I think Chris has an idea of what hes gonna do now, and i wouldn't be surprised if thats what this information is based on. i wouldn't be surprised by the end of this year if we know who the villains are.

When it's official that Nolan has signed on then he'll get excited.

Avengers... SM4... Cap... BB3... guys... it's just not going to work... and I don't care how much you people despise Spidey or Marvel... any DC fan who thinks those films don't represent formidable competition needs their head examined. Someone has to move... I'll wait for confirmation but right now I think Avengers needs to start packing b/c it won't be ready that soon.

The Hype for Spiderman has died down . Look at Spiderman 3 It had a great open the first open weekend . But due to bad word of mouth it made the Less money for the spiderman franchise . The Avengers is less Popular than Batman. I Think will make the most money in 2011.

and how does this affect Bale's shooting schedule for the Terminator Salvation sequel? they've greenlighted that already.

they are both WB films, i'm sure WB knows what the priority is.

I don't know. This is quite surprising news i think. I would love to hear some confirmation on Nolans DIRECTORIAL involvement. I hope he doesn't just act as producer or co-writer. Till then i'm going to be biting my nails.

If he is directing, i'd like to see him tackle another film before the next Batman film.

Hehehe. I agree. Although I believe the calander is a wheel so it can't just start over from the beginning? Oh well I was being silly. ;)

Angeloz

From what I understand, that's exactly what the Mayans thought would happen.

Anyway, if there's a conflict, I hope TS2 gets pushed back a year. We don't absolutely need a sequel only two years after the first movie comes out.

The Hype for Spiderman has died down . Look at Spiderman 3 It had a great open the first open weekend . But due to bad word of mouth it made the Less money for the spiderman franchise . The Avengers is less Popular than Batman. I Think will make the most money in 2011.

That may be true... but those films will easily gross within 300 million... I think BB3 will be lucky to do 400... considering the history of third installments. So I think that all those films will pretty much gross the same... SM4 grossing the lowest. BB3 could gross a lot more if it is on an island by itself instead of competing directly with Marvel projects. And Avengers should definitely be the last big film of the summer... so if a studio has the opportunity, it should definitely move to July 2012.

given the success of TDK, it's the other films that will be moving. A sequel will get the july slot again, and as long as it doesn't stink, should be very successful.

Batman and Terminator are the same studio right? Warner Bros? I hope that would help the situation. Maybe they would say Batman is the bigger priority.
WB is just distributing TS, they're not producing it (unlike the Batfilms). although since WB is distributing both domestically they've probably-- hopefully-- have seen this now and will give some sort of heads up to Halcyon (who produces TS) regarding Bale's shooting schedule.

well the second part of The Hobbit should be out at the end of that year, so we'll just segue to Middle Earth if the world ends then :oldrazz:

WB is just distributing TS, they're not producing it (unlike the Batfilms). although since WB is distributing both domestically they've probably-- hopefully-- have seen this now and will give some sort of heads up to Halcyon (who produces TS) regarding Bale's shooting schedule.

Okay. I hope so.

Doesn't the distributor lobby for or mark the release dates though?

Angeloz

Oh yeah, that end of the world scenario...well, doesn't concern Finland. Think about WWII for example. We finns are like cockroaches: ugly and impossible to exterminate :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"