The Dark Knight Rises TDK sequel in 2011

When Nolan announces anything or WB for that Matter, It will be all over the front page of the Hype. I don't think we will receive any sort of official confirmation until this Summer. But I would love to hear something sooner.

is this from a particular movie .......?

It looks alot like Greg Martin's work, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, some people sound like they think 2011 is too soon with only 3 years between, but there were only 3 years between BB and TDK and of course The Prestige was in there too. 2011 sounds like plenty of time to me, no?

Anyway, some people sound like they think 2011 is too soon with only 3 years between, but there were only 3 years between BB and TDK and of course The Prestige was in there too. 2011 sounds like plenty of time to me, no?

That's right... just have some faith in Nolan and co.

It is plenty of time but if you think about it, out of those 3 years, it really only takes one actual year to make the thing. Here's the breakdown of how I assume things go.

Year one: thought process, writing script, pretty much vacation...
Year two: location scouting, numerous meetings, costume designing, set building, casting... all the pre-production stuff.
Year three: Actual production, post production such as editing, scoring, etc then releasing it.

Let's remember that all the good stuff didn't happen until we entered our third year after Batman Begins. Had Nolan not made The Prestige in between, we could've gotten TDK last year I reckon.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6190&Itemid=99

IESB Exclusive: Third BATMAN Film in Script Stage

Written by Stephanie Sanchez
Thursday, 29 January 2009

The IESB was tipped off this week that the script for the third Batman film is already underway.

IESB was told by an extremely reliable source that the project has already gone into the writing stage with Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer all hard at work.

When Jeff Otto, representing IESB, got the chance to talk to producer Chuck Roven today, he jumped at the chance to confirm...of course Roven wasn't going to say much and was very evasive but he did do a good song and dance performance,

IESB: We've been told that Jonathan, Chris and David are working on the new Batman script. Do you know the direction they’re going or do you wait for them to formulate something more complete before you get involved?

Chuck Roven: The creative driver of the project at this point is Chris. There’s really nothing more for me to say about that. When he feels that he’s got something to talk about, then we’ll be able to talk about it.

IESB: I know you can’t tell us who the villain or villains are, but do you personally know?

[Big smile and a laugh] CR: I really don’t want to talk about that project right now.

We've double checked and we are definitely hearing the script is being written as we speak.

It's common knowledge THE DARK KNIGHT was one of the biggest films of the decade with nominations coming in left and right, a third film in the franchise is a slam-dunk.

We'll keep our ears to the ground on this one!

Man I cannot wait for part III! I'm sure it'll be just as good as the other 2. Nolan said he was worried 'cause of how some 3's don't turn out that well but if he's in charge it'll be fine. Just 'cause others changed directors and all that doesn't mean he'll screw it up like others have. I hate when people worry about previous garbage, as long as they stay on track it'll be fine I'm sure.

Hopefully Nolan's brother will write again alng with Chris, and maybe , hopefully Goyer will also be involved again, he knows how to write a good Batman film.

They respect it and always do great quality work.

I'd like it if the title is Shadow of the Bat or maybe even Redemption with how 2 ended, but that's more of a working title I think.

TDK had a bit of an Empire strikes back feel to it.

I want The Penguin in it so much!

Man I cannot wait for part III! I'm sure it'll be just as good as the other 2. Nolan said he was worried 'cause of how some 3's don't turn out that well but if he's in charge it'll be fine. Just 'cause others changed directors and all that doesn't mean he'll screw it up like others have. I hate when people worry about previous garbage, as long as they stay on track it'll be fine I'm sure.

Hopefully Nolan's brother will write again alng with Chris, and maybe , hopefully Goyer will also be involved again, he knows how to write a good Batman film.

They respect it and always do great quality work.

I'd like it if the title is Shadow of the Bat or maybe even Redemption with how 2 ended, but that's more of a working title I think.

TDK had a bit of an Empire strikes back feel to it.

I want The Penguin in it so much!

Please I hope you're not suggesting the Ewoks for the next film. ;)

Angeloz

It seems Jett reported on this as well over at BOF, he even goes on to say that he knew 2 out of the 3, meaning Chris, Jonah, and David were already signed and it's been in the script stage for a little while now.

Wonder which two were signed already?

I believe it's Goyer and Chris, given that Goyer's had some interviews (at least one, which I've seen) about Batman 3's status... And Chris has been all but confirmed so far.

Well, they need Jonah - he really made TDK what it is in my opinion.

I'm sure Chris will bring his brother on again......

BATMAN
SHADOW OF THE BAT

The Villians, The Penguin:Accountant for the mob, Rupert Thorne new mob boss of Gotham.

New Mayor of Gotham City, Mayor Hill.

This is what I'd love to see. Also the Manor has to be completed aswell as the Cave, and a sleeker cooler BatMobile. Tumbler was cool but needs more Bat Style.

Hopefully in the middle of the film we see Batman redeemed and he shall be standing on a rooftop as the Bat-Signal shines bright above the city!:brucebat:

I can't wait for Batman 3! :up: I'm so pumped up for it.

I agree, need Wayne Manor back as well as the cave.

Need a new batmobile and a boat.

BATMAN
SHADOW OF THE BAT

The Villians, The Penguin:Accountant for the mob, Rupert Thorne new mob boss of Gotham.

New Mayor of Gotham City, Mayor Hill.

This is what I'd love to see. Also the Manor has to be completed aswell as the Cave, and a sleeker cooler BatMobile. Tumbler was cool but needs more Bat Style.

Hopefully in the middle of the film we see Batman redeemed and he shall be standing on a rooftop as the Bat-Signal shines bright above the city!:brucebat:

I'm not sure Penguin will able to handle as main villain I say bring The Riddler, Black Mask or Catwoman.

Well, they need Jonah - he really made TDK what it is in my opinion.

I'm sure Chris will bring his brother on again......
agreed. Jonah was also said to be unofficially involved in BB wasnt he? its amazing these Nolan brothers, they're both visionaries-- one in the written word, the other in the moving form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"