The Dark Knight TDK's Joker: The best film villain of all time?

I never got why people are always wanting voice over actors to do the live action versions. Just let it be what it is and enjoy it.

They probably think that a good voice means good acting and that they are magically going to act exactly like the animation.

Whatever does happen on that matter, I feel Mark's Joker was more playfully psychotic than Heaths. When I watched TDK, it didnt seem like a Joker having fun or just forming it in a humorus way. I would've loved a laugh when he sat up from the table to attack Gambol. He keeps saying "Why so serious?" when he's actually a serious character...

Joker was having great fun. But things is, Ledger's and Nolan Joker is an approach to the character. I personally think that Hammil's and Nicholson's are closer to the classic old Joker, but's saying nothing bad about Ledger's. He was as Joker as the rest.

The real Joker has a plan whether it seems like it or not. He can fool people into believing they got him, but he's always one step ahead. If the final step in his plan is ruined, he's not going to expect it to not happen. He would've laughed his ass off until he realized what happen. That's when joker gets angry. Heaths joker didn't bring enough fun to the character, whether you'd like to believe it or not. So does Mark and Jack and Cesar etc. He had the killer part down, but not enough Joker

The real Joker has a plan whether it seems like it or not. He can fool people into believing they got him, but he's always one step ahead.

You mean like corrupting Harvey Dent? "You didn't think I'd risk losing the battle for Gotham's soul in a fist fight with you? Noooo you need an ace in the hole. Mine's Harvey"

You're right, the REAL Joker does be one step ahead :cwink:

If the final step in his plan is ruined, he's not going to expect it to not happen. He would've laughed his ass off until he realized what happen. That's when joker gets angry.

Really? So why was Joker laughing at the end of Mask of the Phantasm when he saw everything blowing up and thought he was going to die? He didn't want to die. He was trying to escape. He even said to Batman "Let me go or we'll both die".

So that kind of shoots down your angry when everything fails theory :cwink:

Heaths joker didn't bring enough fun to the character, whether you'd like to believe it or not.

That's your opinion, whether you'd like to believe that or not.

Btw, good to see you promoting the new Joker blogs on YouTube in your sig. Inspired by Heath's Joker isn't it. Good to see you're an obvious fan :cwink:

Last edited:
It's a reboot hurr hurr hurr. Maybe if you actually looked at it, I clearly said it's a mix of all jokers

It's a reboot hurr hurr hurr. Maybe if you actually looked at it, I clearly said it's a mix of all jokers

Uh huh, is that why the design of the channel is all TDK-esque Joker?

The newspapers represent Jack.

How? There's a photo of Eckhart's Harvey Dent with a TDK Jokerized face in the papers.

The changings of the paper represent Heath.

That's blatantly obvious since it's all TDK related.

The performance represents Mark

How do you know that? Have you seen the performance yet?

IM THE GUY WHO FREAKIN REBOOTED IT!

In regards to Jack, you are looking way too much into it because Jack had a, to some, iconic moment with a newspaper. "Wait till they get a load of me..."

He was a fun Joker when he needed to be. Whether he was sipping the guests champagne, stealing the hor dourves, dressing up as a nurse, going into a laughing fit when his own henchman gets electrocuted etc.

"All the old familiar places" he quips as he attacks Batman with the steel bar at the Prewitt building. He was very clearly enjoying it. We even catch him smiling when comes at Batman:

tdk2760.jpg

The Joker wouldn't have laughed UNTIL he saw the fireworks go off. He laughed when Batman threw him off the building because he thought he'd succeeded in corrupting Batman. Joker laughs when there's something to laugh at.
I'm sure you already know this, but the scene where he is beating Batman with the steel bar is a reference to the beating he gave to Jason Todd in " A death in the family"

Same camera angle too

IM THE GUY WHO FREAKIN REBOOTED IT!

LOLOLOL!!!! Why didn't you just say so? Now I really am looking forward to seeing this :cwink:

In regards to Jack, you are looking way too much into it because Jack had a, to some, iconic moment with a newspaper.

How on earth is that represented in your channel design? Where would anyone look at that TDK Jokerized newspaper with Eckhart's Dent on it, with a paraphrased Ledger quote scribbled on it and all, and think of Nicholson's Joker?

Explain that to me.

I'm sure you already know this, but the scene where he is beating Batman with the steel bar is a reference to the beating he gave to Jason Todd in " A death in the family"

Same camera angle too

Good catch :up:

There's a ton of Joker comic references in this. Check out my blog: http://jokerfans.blogspot.com/2011/03/heath-ledgers-joker-comic-book-to-movie.html

I'll have to add that one to it.

Because no one goes to a YouTube channel and STARES or glances at the background, it's YouTube not myspace.

and are you insulting my acting before it's even shown?

Nice blog! :hrt:

Thank you :yay:

Because no one goes to a YouTube channel and STARES or glances at the background, it's YouTube not myspace.

Oh yes they do if it's a channel dedicated to a specific theme. In this case The Joker. Otherwise what's the point in having one if nobody notices it?

and are you insulting my acting before it's even shown?

Not at all. I'm anticipating it because you've spent the last two pages crowing about who the real Joker is and anyone who thinks different to you is wrong.

So I can't wait to see just how good you do it and the kind of responses you get.

I WASN'T SAYING I KNEW WHO THE REAL JOKER WAS

I never said any of them were, I'm just pointing out Heath is right there with them. All of them have flaws.

And I'm not trying to perfect Joker through the blogs. No one can do that.

But Heath is a great actor, just not perfect

Look Knight Rise, here is what you said:

Heaths joker didn't bring enough fun to the character, whether you'd like to believe it or not.

It's right there several posts above. Dictating what's what and saying anyone who doesn't think that way they just don't want to believe it.

Your OPINION is subjective. Not fact. So kindly refrain from telling me or anyone else what we want to believe.

IMHO, Heath's joker had just the right level of goofiness

The funny side of the Joker had to be in the movie, because he is the Joker after all, but since Nolan wanted to go back to the character's roots - psycho mass murderer - they couldn't overdo the hahaha part

Ultimately, I thought it was the perfect blend of dark sense of humor and goofiness

Look Knight Rise, here is what you said:

It's right there several posts above. Dictating what's what and saying anyone who doesn't think that way they just don't want to believe it.

Your OPINION is subjective. Not fact. So kindly refrain from telling me or anyone else what we want to believe.

I wasn't referring to an actual actor, I'm trying to show that Heath is a good Joker, but he's not perfect. And if you say he is, that's not only false, but it's an insult to the future generations of people who play the Joker

Nobody called him perfect. Even if they did it's not wrong, everyone's idea of a perfect Joker is subjective. God knows the character has gone through a lot of evolution in the comics. He's never retained one style. Look at Joker today and Joker in the 70's. He's a lot darker today than he is now. Joker of the 40's-60's was total camp ala Cesar Romero.

How is it an insult to future generations? A lot of people think Sean Connery was the perfect James Bond. That's no insult to any of the actors who followed him because they have their fans, too.

Some people think the same about Bond, I don't but some people do. But I won't go into that

In the end, I have nothing against Heath as the Joker. But I also don't have anything against Mark, Jack, Kevin, Cesar, or Diedrich. They just stay on the same level for me so I don't have a "best Joker". I love Mark only because he sticks to the classic Joker and does it really well, but Im not saying he's the best. It's impossible to compare all of their interpretations really. I may not like how far off they went in terms of realism with a character like the Joker, but Heath still made something out of it

I think Hannibal Lecter will remain my favourite. When he is intelligent, it feels less forced than Ledger. I think Lecter is more charming and sympathetic.

Ledger's performance was great.if i compare it with Nicholson's performance i dont really see that much diffrence...Ledger's performance is just a little bit better.

Ledger's performance is too much appreciated.

And surely not the best villian performance ever.... That's total nonsense.

Ledger's performance was great.if i compare it with Nicholson's performance i dont really see that much diffrence...Ledger's performance is just a little bit better.

Ledger's performance is too much appreciated.

And surely not the best villian performance ever.... That's total nonsense.
I think each one of them is good in its own right

Jack's Joker was a great fit for the Burtonverse, same as Heath's for Nolanverse

And since I prefer Nolan's iteration, then I'm totally biased

Heath > Jack :yay:

Agreed.

The jokers where great in both films/worlds.

He's up there as one of the best comic book villains. It's easy to say he's the best villain in the history of film if you're a hardcore TDK fan but lettuce be cereal here, the list is endless.

I never got why people are always wanting voice over actors to do the live action versions. Just let it be what it is and enjoy it.

I'm not a fan of having Mark Hamill play a live action Joker however I always enjoyed him on TAS and I understand why people would prefer him. It's easy to do the body movements but getting the right expressions and voice usually makes the character. Darth Vader is a perfect example of this. Imagine how the character would've turned out if he had a standard Australian accent. James Earl Jones receives more credit than David Prowse for a reason. Imagine if Vader turned out like this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"