The 25 Days of Christmas - 2022 Edition

Day 6

9. Love Hard
sbHxO6p.gif

Mini Candy Cane Review: Adorable leads and a script that makes fun of the general tropes of Christmas movies and rom-coms in general, this one warms my heart, while putting a smile on my face.

3.5 other Christmas movies references out of 5

Day 7

10. The Christmas Light
goKCrd1.jpg

Mini Candy Cane Review: You might be wondering, "Darth why aren't you using gifs". Well good poster, that is for your protection. The power of this film in motion kills lesser men, women, and enby folk. fork Pixar and Toy Story. This is the film that launched CGI animation. Utter perfection.

5 evil snowmen out of 5

11. The Christmas Brigade
Q4gxeDN.jpg

Mini Candy Cane Review: There are sequels and then there are sequels. This is the former and the latter. If only The Empire Strikes Back were this good. I just love this movie, love it!

5 pitch perfect puns out of 5

An obscure gem. I liked it.
Yup, it is somewhat hidden, not a movie many talk about an at first glance it looks a bit weird...but give it a chance and it turns out to be really really good.

I knew it was only a matter of time till i have to do it...watch one of those Hallmark like Christmas movies.
Thankfully the first one i got, at least does something slightly different.

Angel Falls Christmas

You get a movie where someone is not visiting or moving to a small town to learn the true meaning of Christmas...wow.
I mean the second part still is there, but at least not the other part.
And then...spoilers, an Angel as male lead...wow, two for two.
And the movie doesnt end in your typical fashion for these type of movies...holy cow.

Other than that, the movie does what they all do for better or worse.
It doesnt invent the wheel but isnt completely predictable either.
It tries enough to be somewhat unique to the genre, but not enough to hold up for long.
Like i will forget about it in a day and never think about it again.
Im certainly glad that i didnt grab a movie at the bottom of the list.

1.Jingle Jangle Journey
2.Scrooge - A Christmas Carol
3.The Grinch(2018)
4.Jingle all the Way
5.Klaus
6.A Christmas Horror Story
7.Arthur Christmas
8.Angel Falls Christmas

Chateau Christmas (2020) - Hallmark
Ben Is Back (2018) - Takes place on Christmas Eve so I'm including it
Noelle (2019) - Disney Plus Original
Home Alone 3 (1997)
Falling for Christmas (2022) - Netflix Original
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (2022) - Disney Plus Original
A Christmas Proposal (2021) - CBS Original
Home Sweet Home Alone (2021) - Disney Plus Original

Let It Snow (2019) - Netflix Original

Cute, cheerful seasonal fare, if somewhat lightweight and predictable...

Follows the familiar formula of several interwoven stories all culminating at the Big Event, this time an epic Christmas Eve party at the local diner...

Still, the movie's good-naturedness and charming leads won me over. Props too for presenting a queer character's storyline in such a matter-of-fact, nonchalant manner.

Exactly as it should be :yay:

MV5BYmM0NzRiODEtMTIzNS00MTgwLWFjZDQtNjUxZjI0MDdjZWQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg

Day 8

12. Arthur Christmas
Yfcf8Rg.gif

Mini Candy Cane Review: Well this was a very nice surprise. Perhaps the funniest Christmas movie I've ever seen, this one is sweetness and light brought to life. There is so much to love here, but perhaps nothing more so then the best elf herself, Bryony. She's an absolute legend.

5 faces of evil out of 5

1. Violent Night [2022] 8/10
2. Black Christmas [2006] 6/10

This was actually not as terrible as I was expecting, and was a pretty solid movie, as far as slashers go anyway. I was surprised at how brutal and violent it was. But the writing had too many holes in it, which detracted from it.

The 1974 original is definitely a better movie though - which is probably an 8/10 for me.

Night 9 i got my second visit from the Three Ghosts

Disney A Christmas Carol

Ah this is one of my favorite adaptions of the Material.
Doesnt do too much different in terms of storytelling, but it is visual such a good movie.
But the absolute selling point of this is the Cast...especially Jim Carrey.
He does such a good Job in his roles, especially as Scrooge.
Absolute great movie.

1.Jingle Jangle Journey
3.The Grinch(2018)
4.Jingle all the Way
5.Klaus
7.Arthur Christmas
8.Angel Falls Christmas
9. Disney A Christmas Carol

BTW: Want to see a misleading synopsis of a movie?
Here is the one we have here in Germany for Arthur Christmas(Translated but i swear to god the tone is as it seems)

"The naive Santa Claus is about to be ousted. His career-hungry Son Steve does everything in his power to seize the family business as quickly as possible and to drill for efficiency with all the rules of capitalist art. Because even in the house of Santa Claus, according to Steve's will, profit should finally come in and not just selflessness prevail. Grand Santa Claus has long since given up hope of a return to the festive glory of bygone days and only offers verbal resistance. Only Arthur , Santa's youngest, is still hooked on the good old tradition. Only he can stop his brother, restore order at the North Pole and save the beloved Christmas."

Like what the bad place? This Synopsis makes Steve look like the meanest ash flash ever...even at his worst, he wasnt that bad in the movie at all.
Whoever Wrote this hates Steve Claus with a passion. XD

Night 10 with one of those movie you can watch on Halloween and Christmas

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Do i need to say more? We all know and love good old Jack.
I love this movie so much.
It is such a good showcase of so many things.
Be it Character and writing plot, or visuals, stop motion, soundtrack, voice acting or just how to manage to make a movie work on one hand as a halloween movie, all spooky and stuff...but then also as a christmas movie.

Its such a fantastic movie that needs to be studied forever.

1.Jingle Jangle Journey
3.The Grinch(2018)
4.Jingle all the Way
5.Klaus
7.Arthur Christmas
8.Angel Falls Christmas
9.Disney A Christmas Carol
10.The Nightmare Before Christmas

Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone. You know, it's not a conventional christmas movie, but there's something so wholesome about the film that just fits the season so well. The only problem is now that I've rewatched Sorcerers stone, the urge to rewatch the rest is very strong. uh oh!

Day 9

13. A Nutcracker Christmas (NEW)
ueS4l1G.gif

Mini Candy Cane Review: As with most of Amy Acker's Hallmark style Christmas flicks, she's levels above everyone else. And as with the others, she elevates the material with her infectious sweetness, even as the dude I remember from Center Stage looks like he's Darkman with a melting mask. Add in the very nice dancing, and this 100% better then it ever had the right to be.

3 evil dance moms out of 5

Day 10

14. A Royal Corgi Christmas (NEW)
ngiozLo.gif

Mini Candy Cane Review: This was a complete thirst watch. For me, Hunter King, for my brother, the corgis. It is what it is, which is to say it isn't much of anything. But hey, Hunter and puppers!!!

2 corgi races out of 5

Night 11 and okay...i have to switch it up

The Muppets Christmas Carol

Like, as much as i enjoy the story...at this point i gotta stop watching the christmas carol adaptions.
Because what am i going to say about them? Its The Christmas Carol.
Its not like each invents the wheel new.
Eh, anyway...The Muppets version definitly is and always will be on top of the list for sure.

You can never go wrong with the Muppets, mix it up with christmas and a Michael Cain who took his assignment incredible serious and put a ton into his performance...you get one of THE classic Christmas movies of all time.

1.Jingle Jangle Journey
3.The Grinch(2018)
4.Jingle all the Way
5.Klaus
7.Arthur Christmas
8.Angel Falls Christmas
11.The Muppets Christmas Carol

CF0FC789-0969-4DC0-B330-99DD5393457D.jpeg

5/10

I don’t understand why this had a killer robot like The Terminator but dressed as a Santa. It’s really dumb and the dialogue is some of the worst you’ll ever hear. I lost track of how many times someone said f*** for no reason. Ignoring all that, the movie looks and sounds great (neon lights and synth soundtrack!) and has some cool kills. The third act had way too many fake out endings that irritated me though.

Night 12 and we got a Horror Comedy in the house.

Santa's Slay

Well its kind of a fun movie that would have had more potential.
A lot of Flat stuff is in there, a lot that just doesnt work but could have if done better.
The ideas are there, but they never really do the best with it.
As Wrestling fans, people may recognize Bill Goldberg as Santa, who i thought did a good job and looks really cool.
He certainly is a better actor than wrestler, which doesnt say a lot.
But he does a good enough job.
Other than that, not much to say...its a dumb movie that i have my fun with.
The Ending sucks big time, but the movie isnt too long or so...so its okay.

1.Jingle Jangle Journey
3.The Grinch(2018)
4.Jingle all the Way
5.Klaus
7.Arthur Christmas
8.Angel Falls Christmas
12. Santa's Slay

Day 11

15. True Grit
kzctlpk.gif

Mini Candy Cane Review: It came out on Christmas and has snow in it. Good enough for me! Such a Coens flick and I love it for it. This was the first time I saw Steinfeld act, and that she not only held her own with Bridges, but arguably gave the best performance of the film, is still stunning to me.

4.5 snake bits out of 5

16. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

9l1JzP4.gif

Mini Candy Cane Review: I haven't watched this in years, but it's on Disney+, so why not? Still as bland as I remembered, sadly. Still, Swinton's performance is still awesome and Susan is such a forever girl.

3 servings of Turkish delight out of 5

Last edited:
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me... one sexually frustrated married man.

Eyes Wide Shut

tumblr_pz6tcaxqBy1s9xw57o3_540.gif

If there's a perfect movie to be Kubrick's last it's this one. Certainly not his best, but it just encapsulates what he was a master at. A surreal exploration of longing and pent up frustration brought to the surface during the most wonderful time of the year. If you're not totally engrossed in all the weird crap that happens during the middle of the film, I don't know what to tell you. Cruise and Kidman's then romance is palpable, and helps fuel two of their own finest performances. Cruise in particular has the perfect amount of intensity that was necessary for this role. Always a pleasure to put this on.

Day 12

17. Hogfather
Xt6hcOL.gif

Mini Candy Cane Review: "But Darth, this is a miniseries". Yeah, well, I call it a two night television movie event! And what an event! I had not watched this one in 15 years, but I'm happy to report, it's even better then I remember. If you enjoy British wackiness or simply a merry ole time, this one is for you.

4.5 small gods out of 5

Night 13 and a Movie Netflix wanted me to watch the whole year long...finally it was time.

Christmas Chronicles

Okay yeah, that was nice.
Here and there it drags a bit but otherwise a fun movie.
Didnt expect that from the Trailer and all...but it felt cuddly and nice.
Not much else to say, it does little wrong but doesnt really set new standards either.
A Neat inbetween movie you can watch to feel the christmas spirit.

1.Jingle Jangle Journey
3.The Grinch(2018)
4.Jingle all the Way
5.Klaus
7.Arthur Christmas
8.Angel Falls Christmas
12. Santa's Slay
13.Christmas Chronicles

Chateau Christmas (2020) - Hallmark
Ben Is Back (2018) - Takes place on Christmas Eve so I'm including it
Noelle (2019) - Disney Plus Original
Home Alone 3 (1997)
Falling for Christmas (2022) - Netflix Original
Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (2022) - Disney Plus Original
A Christmas Proposal (2021) - CBS Original
Home Sweet Home Alone (2021) - Disney Plus Original

Let It Snow (2019) - Netflix Original
The Noel Diary (2022) - Netflix Original

Pretty much exactly what I was expecting - a Hallmark movie with a bigger budget and bigger stars, this time from the dude's perspective.

Having said that, it's well acted and well made, with an unexpected undercurrent of pathos just below the surface. To he honest it's really only Christmas-adjacent, but the wintry imagery is gorgeous and Justin Hartley has great chemistry with Barrett Doss so I'm giving this one a pass.

Fun fact: Barrett Doss was apparently in the Iron Fist Netflix series. Damned if I remember which role she played, though I'm pretty sure that has more to do with the memorability of the series itself than any reflection on her performance...

MV5BMTA5YzcwNmYtY2E2OC00MzE5LTlkMWUtMmVhYTg1NGM5Nzk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzNzc3NDAz._V1_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"