BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

I would like to throw Jerome Flynn's name out there for Alfred. I think he would make for an amazing trusted butler. He's an English actor, and just 50 years old. He was absolutely amazing in BBC's series Ripper Street.

JeromeFlynn.jpg

Last edited:
Jerome Flynn is far too young for Alfred, however i'll throw another name in the ring that I don't think has been put forward yet...

Jonathan Hyde...

Aussie actor, that can speak English with a perfect accent and suits a moustache!

I'd still go with James Cromwell myself.

Coming back to it to the prim and proper Alfred.

I'd really prefer Jeremy Irons for the role.
jeremy-irons-2013-hbos-golden-globes-party_20059877.jpg

So many solid suggestions in this thread, but Dalton would be such an awesome choice. I'd be over the moon if he got the role.

Dalton or Irons would both be fantastic. I'm still reppin Alan Rickman

Another personal fav. Nobody considers him!
Danny_Dyer_11-630x382.jpg

"You're a ****ing nutta, Master Bruce!

we are hearing so much about possibly Nightwing and Wonder Woman appearing, but what about Alfred?!

still hoping it's either Alan Rickman or Timothy Dalton :up:

I just hope the numpties at CBN haven't spoilt Dalton's chances.

Jerome Flynn is far too young for Alfred, however i'll throw another name in the ring that I don't think has been put forward yet...

Jonathan Hyde...

Aussie actor, that can speak English with a perfect accent and suits a moustache!

Didn't he already play Richie Rich's butler?

Cromwell would be very interesting. With his short hair/bald look and minus the chin whiskers, he'd be very close what the weary TDKR Alfred...

zachjamesfaceoff.png

1374528394_Cromwell.jpg

cromwell.jpg

ONLY

If Bruce is badly injured. ..and Cromwell Alfred sings and dances to If I Had Words, to make him feel better ;)

I dont know if he has been brought up, Anthony Stewart Head is perfect for me.

I hope they go with someone slightly younger than the previous actors. Alfred in the comics always seemed like he was in his late 50s but he is always portrayed by a 75+ actor in the movies.
I'd like to see Ralph Fiennes or Hugh Laurie.

If Caine says Pitt, then Snyder should go right now and cast him!

Maybe Pitt can use some of his Benjamin Button CGI to make him look older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"