BvS The Alfred Pennyworth Casting Thread

220px-John_Cleese_2008_bigger_crop.jpg

I would go for a much older Alfred. With dry, witty and sarcastic quips. I mean, he has to have his history (Military, secret service, theatre etc.) and since we are getting an older version of batman, he has to be at around thirty years older than the actor playing Bruce Wayne.

I'm sorry if the text is hard to comprehend, English isn't my first language.

edit. I forgot to write the actor's name here. John Cleese, of Monty Python fame.

Last edited:
220px-John_Cleese_2008_bigger_crop.jpg

I would go for a much older Alfred. With dry, witty and sarcastic quips. I mean, he has to have his history (Military, secret service, theatre etc.) and since we are getting an older version of batman, he has to be at around thirty years older than the actor playing Bruce Wayne.

I'm sorry if the text is hard to comprehend, English isn't my first language.
Wasn't hard to comprehend at all :up:.

May I suggest Kenneth Branagh? He would be a younger Alfred, but he's a Shakespearean actor who has amazing chops, AND he's a damn good director in his own right.

936full-kenneth-branagh.jpg

May I suggest Kenneth Branagh? He would be a younger Alfred, but he's a Shakespearean actor who has amazing chops, AND he's a damn good director in his own right.

Not bad, and would work with a young Batman who is just starting his crusade. But having raised Bruce and bruce being ~40, and Alfred being already an adult when he becomes Bruce's legal guardian. I hope they aren't going on the slippery slope of doing things that don't sit with the source material.

Cleese would be fantastic, but I'm still holding hope that Dalton will get cast.

:p;)

Dalton would fit the role perfectly. Hoping that he'd re-grow his Hot Fuzz 'tache though; as excellent as Caine was, I still did kinda lament the fact that there was no effort to make him look like comic book Alfred - you see him as he was in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and just think 'there ya go!'.......

Dalton would fit the role perfectly. Hoping that he'd re-grow his Hot Fuzz 'tache though; as excellent as Caine was, I still did kinda lament the fact that there was no effort to make him look like comic book Alfred - you see him as he was in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and just think 'there ya go!'.......

Yep, just use makeup to age Dalton about 10 years and you'd have the perfect Alfred.

An ex-Bond playing Alfred is just too cool to pass up.

Agreed. Especially considering he has this charm about him that could really apply to Alfred. :woot:

And on a slightly unrelated note, he is my favorite Bond. :D

you know what after seeing the Dalton pics I retract my previous statement Dalton would be an awesome Alfred :awesome:

After watching Chuck, I definitely see Dalton as the next Alfred.

Also, for anyone concerned about Dalton being too young based on the photos posted here, Dalton has aged a a good bit since Hot Fuzz in 2007. His hair is now fully grey and has receded further, giving him even more of the classic comics Alfred look.

Timothy+Dalton+5pFs7gWlwaXm.jpg

Add moustache and we are good to go!

I'm a big fan of symmetry so:

Terence Stamp

Terence-Stamp-008.jpg

Kneel before Alfred!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members