The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - Part 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy **** that gif!! :hrt:

I see now. That he should do something good even for someone who's done himself harm. There's still something that feels icky about the event in TASM compared to the comics, even though in the comics it was purely because of arrogance/being high on himself, for the reasons Angryfantasyfan pointed out.

I like the TASM version the least because it was one of the very few times I felt it was done differently with the sole purpose of differentiating itself, without improving it. It took away some of the most iconic scenes of the origin and thus lessened the "magic".

Now with the origin out of the way though, as Webb himself has said, TASM2 has a lot more potential when not having to compete with the Raimi films. As Webb said, the origin was done perfectly already in Raimi's film. I can see how challenging and frustrating that must have felt.

:up: To all of this! :)

Last edited:
Maybe not entirely relevant, but you guys gotta admit The Lizard looks incredible in this shot.

k7eb6ju.jpg

Enlarge it and it's god damn eyecandy.

Last edited:
can't say i was fond of raimis origin, felt it was abit cheesy and rushed, never liked how he become an expert at web swinging like a pro after 1 Min, and i ain't counting the bilboard scene because that wasn't really practise it was more the uncle bens killer chase that went from looking scared to try to getting the hang of it easy, and say what you like about TASM i personally was more inclined to believe he was slowly getting used to his powers and making mistakes at least for enough of the film to not feel to rushed

Last edited:
Maybe not entirely relevant, but you guys gotta admit The Lizard looks incredible in this shot.

k7eb6ju.jpg

Enlarge it and it's god damn eyecandy.

They should have made him wear the lab coat though!

I really liked how detailed the texture on Lizard was!

He did look incredible in most of the shots IMO. It would have been cool if the lab coat wasn't lost so quickly though. Looking at the future though, Electro looks ELECTRIFYING. Hehe.

I really liked how detailed the texture on Lizard was!

It was pretty incredible.

I'm hoping, in the future, people will look back on the movie appreciate things such as that.

It was pretty incredible.

I'm hoping, in the future, people will look back on the movie appreciate things such as that.
If the series is successful, then I think TASM1 will be more highly appreciated.

There are many films that were panned upon their initial release, but years later viewed in a different light and receive more acclaim.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked pretty amazing. :up:

the lizard CGI was great, i felt some were abit over critical about it

He did look incredible in most of the shots IMO. It would have been cool if the lab coat wasn't lost so quickly though. Looking at the future though, Electro looks ELECTRIFYING. Hehe.

Oh, god. :yay:

If the series is successful, then I think TASM1 will be more highly appreciated.

There are many films that were panned upon their initial release, but years later viewed in a different light and receive more acclaim.

Well, here's hoping ASM2 won't suck, then (which I doubt) :oldrazz:

Lizard was awesome, but he needed more Labcoat.

He did. :dry:

Glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked pretty amazing. :up:

:awesome:

the lizard CGI was great, i felt some were abit over critical about it

Definitely. And especially about the snout.

I mean, the original Ditko version didn't even have one, so... There's that.

I definitely think so! :up:

Definitely. And especially about the snout.

I mean, the original Ditko version didn't even have one, so... There's that.

My main gripe was that he didn't look intimidating enough. He should have had at least sharper teeth. And moved faster!

It's a dumb criticism but I felt like... the Lizard didn't really kill enough people or do enough "bad" things. I think if we saw more of the Lizard minions and more damage that he caused I'd be alright with it.

It's a dumb criticism but I felt like... the Lizard didn't really kill enough people or do enough "bad" things. I think if we saw more of the Lizard minions and more damage that he caused I'd be alright with it.
They should have left the deleted sewer scene where he bites off Ratha's head. That would have been pretty crazy.

I agree, especially when it comes to such a beastly villain like Lizard! Show the animal side taking over!

I'm personally glad they didn't have him killing too many people. I would have been fine with him killing Ratha. But I prefer the Lizard not as a serial killer, but as a bastardized version of what Connor's wanted to do in the first place: improve humanity.

I'm personally glad they didn't have him killing too many people. I would have been fine with him killing Ratha. But I prefer the Lizard not as a serial killer, but as a bastardized version of what Connor's wanted to do in the first place: improve humanity.
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"