The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
People cared about Venom.

Then I, Webhead, and Joker must really hate Rhino to debate about the quality of it....oh no, it's because we like the character. I'd be doing the same if in DOFP, Bryan Singer had Wolverine come out acting extremely flamboyant and shooting flowers out of his knuckles.

I don't know what? What Rhino's design looks like? Yes I do? It's been in two posters now. What else could they be hiding from us that is going to magically change this design into something that looks more like the comic book counterpart?

The only time people prematurely judged Joker was when this was all we had to go on;

Heath-Ledger-DarkKnight-Joker.jpg

That is prematurely judging a character since we can't see anything except his face. Not his hair, his costume, nothing. We have seen a lot more of the Rhino design than that.

Nobody prematurely judged Scarecrow or Ra's btw.

Will you stop calling me names! First I was a DC fanboy trying to start a flame war, and now I'm immature, too.

One more insult from you and I'm calling in a moderator. Don't need to put up with this crap from you.

I didn't insult you. I didn't call you names. You were the one who did that. Calling you out for acting imature isn't an insult, if you brought that to yourself. I was joking back then and it was clear about that, you are the one that keeps threating me here. Go on and call a mod to settle this, I think it's quite clear which side on this argument is acting against the rules here. :yay:

...And if you think "the only time people prematurely judged Joker", you certainly have some very different memories than I do. People *****ed about Joker back then and some still ***** now, they *****ed before and after the film was released, and it would be worst if Ledger wasn't dead. What I'm saying is that you are judging at face value simply because you are indeed trying to start flame wars. We know that you probably won't like this film and will keep talking again and again about that here. All I'm saying is can you wait until we get a clear shot of Rhino to start your hating? Or you just can't wait to hate all over this right now?

Last edited:
Then I, Webhead, and Joker must really hate Rhino to debate about the quality of it....oh no, it's because we like the character. I'd be doing the same if in DOFP, Bryan Singer had Wolverine come out acting extremely flamboyant and shooting flowers out of his knuckles.

Um.

jackman_narrowweb__200x359.jpg

Because he doesn't look like the Rhino at all. Not in any way, shape, or form. This is not a complicated thing to understand. The only thing Ultimate Rhino and Webb's "Rhino" have in common is they're both robots.

Design wise they look completely visually different. Ultimate Rhino looks like a robot version of 616 Rhino. Webb's "Rhino" doesn't look like any version of the Rhino at all.

The comics Rhino doesn't either. What's wrong with new interpretations? Aleksei is a suit with a horn that rampages and destroys everything in its path. Despite what you may feel about the suit, the core characteristics of the character are still there. I have seen it, I know what I'm talking about.:oldrazz:

I didn't insult you.

So where you come from being called immature, and a fanboy trying to start flame wars is a compliment then?

I didn't call you names. You were the one who did that.

No, I didn't.

Calling you out for acting imature isn't an insult, if you brought that to yourself.

Calling anyone immature is an insult. Especially when it's not true.

I was joking back then and it was clear about that, you are the one that keeps threating me here.

Keep threatening you? List all these constant threats I've said to you. Go ahead.

Go on and call a mod to settle this, I think it's quite clear which side on this argument is acting against the rules here. :yay:

I told you one more insult from you and I will. That is a promise.

.And if you think "the only time people prematurely judged Joker", you certainly have some very different memories than I do. People *****ed about Joker back then and some still ***** now, they *****ed before and after the film was released

Show me some proof of all this complaining that apparently goes on about his look. Lets see it. Put your money where your mouth is and back up this claim.

and it would be worst if Ledger wasn't dead.

Why should his being dead make any difference? People are not sentimental idiots. If they don't like something they'll say so whether an actor is alive or dead.

What I'm saying is that you are judging at face value simply because you are indeed trying to start flame wars.

No, I'm judging a bad design for being a bad design. Nobody except you is treating this criticism so seriously. Why should a flame war break out because I don't like this design?

We know that you probably won't like this film and will keep talking again and again about that here.

More than likely yes.

All I'm saying is can you wait until we get a clear shot of Rhino to start your hating? Or you just can't wait to hate all over this right now?

I've seen Rhino in two different posters now. We have seen more than enough of the design to know what the overall design looks like. What is seeing it in the movie going to do to change the look of it?

Last edited:
So trailer is out Tuesday right? Cool. Kind of keep forgetting about it in a good way. They're definitely going to show more of something. Something we haven't seen more of yet. Just don't know what.

And? Venom was in SM3 for 15 minutes, and people still debate over him.

A well deserved debate though. In any case, its clear that Rhino is not integral to the plot, whereas with Venom, you had the symbiote arc ala evil Parker, Gwen as the faux gf of Brock, etc. Seems pretty straightforward with Rhino - Russian mobster gets defeated by Spiderman in the opening sequence, flashforward, end sequence fight with mechanical Rhino. No biggie.

I'd actually feel that a more complex or slick looking Rhino costume would detract from the movie that's already saturated with developed villains. I'm just glad Rhino is IN the movie at all and this design just makes the most sense, given that its a brief encounter.

The problem with this discussion is that it is all opinion based. Some will like the design and some won't simple as that. It's all subjective. I personally like the design of the Rhino. I like that it is put together in a sloppy manner. Makes it more authentic in my opinion. I am pretty certain like Teekay is saying, the mech still moves like a Rhino. The one thing that does annoy me is the constant complaints that the character does not look like his comic book counterpart ! And ? If you want the Rhino, Electro or Green Goblin from the comics, read the comics.

At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with disliking a design because we are all fans here. The general audience also play an important factor into the design choices of the director. Many will not know who Rhino is, so I am pretty sure this design will be accepted by many. I think the audience would prefer this to say a Rhino with a man face. Lol ! It would literally be laughed out of the cinema.

So trailer is out Tuesday right? Cool. Kind of keep forgetting about it in a good way. They're definitely going to show more of something. Something we haven't seen more of yet. Just don't know what.

Wednesday, actually.:oldrazz:

Wow this got weird...

So where you come from being called immature, and a fanboy trying to start flame wars is a compliment then?

No, I didn't.

Calling anyone immature is an insult. Especially when it's not true.

Keep threatening you? List all these constant threats I've said to you. Go ahead.

I told you one more insult from you and I will. That is a promise.

This is tiring. I have better things to do with my life than this, I'm late to pick up my lady and you can keep calling me a troll here (you did some posts ago, but I don't think you remember what you say here) while acting like one here. That's a great way to waste your Saturday. Have a good evening, sir. :yay:

I am pretty sure the response to Mark 1 Iron Man was well received :whatever:

And they showed a close up of his face as well.

I am JUDGING what I have SEEN. And sorry, it doesn't cut it. Multiple images have been enough. :up:

I don't like it. Get over it.

Oh, I can get over it, all right. I've been dealing with haters for the past 2 years and i have to say that i know how to handle this kind of situations. But this is what you posted earlier.

Saying it's just a prototype does not forgive the AWFUL design. It looks like a rejected Decepticon. Rejected because it is a boring pile of garbage (literally).
Iron Man Mark 1 is a prototype. Did it look like a bunch of junk? Yeah sort of. It was. Did it look badass? Yes. Did it look like Iron Man from the first appearance? Absolutely.

Rhino looks like crap. He does not, in ANY WAY resemble anything I have ever seen Rhino to look like. Not even Ultimate.

You know what you just did? You UNIVERSALIZED your opinion and completely degraded other people's work. It takes a lot of effort to put something like this in the big screen and make it look real.

Not only you said it was crap, but you also made fun of it as if it were the worst design in a CBM. And why? Because you didn't think that it resembled the Rhino from the comics. As if this were the first time a character's design is changed in order to fit into the physical world.

I'm not talking about liking or not liking, i'm talking the foundation of our society, the mutual respect that one must have for another man's work.That's one of the principles that superheroes taught me. And i just try to apply it to everyday life. At least, this is how i see things.

Rant over.

Last edited:
The problem with this discussion is that it is all opinion based. Some will like the design and some won't simple as that. It's all subjective. I personally like the design of the Rhino. I like that it is put together in a sloppy manner. Makes it more authentic in my opinion. I am pretty certain like Teekay is saying, the mech still moves like a Rhino. The one thing that does annoy me is the constant complaints that the character does not look like his comic book counterpart ! And ? If you want the Rhino, Electro or Green Goblin from the comics, read the comics.

At the end of the day there is nothing wrong with disliking a design because we are all fans here. The general audience also play an important factor into the design choices of the director. Many will not know who Rhino is, so I am pretty sure this design will be accepted by many. I think the audience would prefer this to say a Rhino with a man face. Lol ! It would literally be laughed out of the cinema.

This. Thank you for posting that. The irony is that the same that are complaining are known for praising villains in other films that don't look like their versions from the comics AT ALL. But I've got to hit the shower and do adult stuff, good night ladies and gentlemen.

95.gif

The comics Rhino doesn't either.

Didn't what?

What's wrong with new interpretations?

Nothing as long as it looks good and somewhat emulates the image of the character it's supposed to be.

Aleksei is a suit with a horn that rampages and destroys everything in its path. Despite what you may feel about the suit, the core characteristics of the character are still there. I have seen it, I know what I'm talking about.

Aleksei is a suit with a horn that resembles a Rhino. When you look at him you know he's supposed to be a rhino. When you look at Webb's "Rhino" all you see some crazy robot with a spike on it.

Nobody could seriously say they look at that and see a rhino, much less the comic book Rhino in any way.

You know what you just did? You UNIVERSALIZED your opinion and completely degraded other people's work. It takes a lot of effort to put something like this in the big screen and make it look real.

Not only you said it was crap, but you also made fun of it as if it were the worst design in a CBM. And why? Because you didn't think that it resembled the Rhino from the comics. As if this were the first time a character's design is changed in order to fit into the physical world.

I'm not talking about liking or not liking, i'm talking our foundation of our society, the mutual respect that one must have for another man's work.That's one of the principles that superheroes taught me. And i just try to apply it to everyday life.

Rant over.

This, SO MUCH this.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgQR0x5ljek[/YT]

^That.

This Rhino may not resemble the 616-Rhino very much, but from what I've seen, it actually looks like a rhino, instead.

I honestly think it's a pretty unique design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"