The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know for sure what the Spider Venom did to Harry? Did it speed up his disease? Did it mutate him because he was unable to use it? Is it a sort of Ultimate Goblin thing where he transforms and untransforms?
My guess would be he is going to transform into the Goblin at random times but he can only control it when in the suit.

Do we know for sure what the Spider Venom did to Harry? Did it speed up his disease? Did it mutate him because he was unable to use it? Is it a sort of Ultimate Goblin thing where he transforms and untransforms?

Id say it initially sped up the disease but he is feeling the healing effects of the venom. Which is implied by his final statement, "it comes and goes". He will probably fully morph at some point in later instalments like ultimate goblin or use the venom symbiote. Norman will most likely be the full goblin.

In any case, I wrote up an article examining a few potential spin-off ideas if peeps are interested :D

http://otlnews.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/expanding-the-spideyverse-5-potential-spin-offs/

Id say it initially sped up the disease but he is feeling the healing effects of the venom. Which is implied by his final statement, "it comes and goes". He will probably fully morph at some point in later instalments like ultimate goblin or use the venom symbiote. Norman will most likely be the full goblin.

In any case, I wrote up an article examining a few potential spin-off ideas if peeps are interested :D

http://otlnews.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/expanding-the-spideyverse-5-potential-spin-offs/
I hope Harry stays as the Goblin, Dane is a great actor.

We know what it was suppose to be about but they did a bad job of presenting it and never mention the great power/responsibility line to boot! Just another problem with the pointless reboot - every new bit of back story we have gotten in these two movies could have been told as flashbacks in a non-reboot Spider-Man film.

The point was to see this Spider-Man's journey from the ground up. To give a new actor the opportunity to portray the characters most important growth in a new light. Whether or not it was conveyed successfully is up to the viewer but there was a reason they chose not to show those deleopments in flashbacks.

Also, they didn't need Uncle Ben to say the Power and responsibility quote, the lesson is still there in Ben's talk with Peter. In Spider-Man 1 Ben says it twice in 30 minutes. In Amazing Fantasy #15 Ben doesn't say it at all.

Gwen blatantly disregards her super human boyfriend telling her to stay away from an obviously dangerous super villain battle. Peter even went so far as to forcibly web her hand to the car.

If the film did ultimately want to convince us, the audience, that Peter was somehow responsible, they went about it all wrong- though the whole thing was telegraphed and thematically muddled that it barely makes a difference.

I thought about typing something in response but after seeing pages of your end of these discussions I don't think it would sway you in any other direction.

Also, they didn't need Uncle Ben to say the Power and responsibility quote, the lesson is still there in Ben's talk with Peter. In Spider-Man 1 Ben says it twice in 30 minutes. In Amazing Fantasy #15 Ben doesn't say it at all.

Ben does say it, but it's stated in the narration. People tend to omit that when making this argument.

Yes it is in the narration in the last panel in the book. But you never see Ben say it to Peter himself. Not in any way shape or form, until the story is revisited/retold in later issues. The narrator is not Ben.

Yes it is in the narration in the last panel in the book. But you never see Ben say it to Peter himself. Not in any way shape or form, until the story is revisited/retold in later issues. The narrator is not Ben.

I was trying to say Ben doesn't say it, but it's in the narration and is an important part of the mythos.

I loved it second favorite spider man so far by far and I don't understand the chesnes has it had way less then any of the other ones and I don't understand the storying being messing thing. You can read my review on the spoiler reviews thread post 403. I am shocked that the movie is at a 54 on RT but yeah just joking about the 100 thing but hopefully the next movie can get back to 80 and hopefully get back to 800 million.

While with these movies making less and less if the amazing spider man 3 makes even less and then the 4th one even less or if the amazing spider man 3 has a big drop form this one then I could see sony losing the rights as the just wont beable to afford to make the movies any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"