The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its over now, and I see the deal as a fresh new beginning that the character needs. Sony couldn't just keep going over the same ground over and over again. Now the character has a whole universe he can play in, new situations, and new challenges which go beyond retreads of his love life and the Osborn's.

The timing was n't right and the creative talent just wasn't there for the ASM series and ultimately, it will serve as a guide to how not to reboot a superhero as one article mentioned. That said, its canon, and it did have aspects that were positive. All in all though, its time to move on.

If Sony just skipped the origin and didn't force some "cinematic universe" on Spider-Man, I think they could have had a good thing going. Oh well.

This may be the only Spider-man film to handle the death of Gwen Stacy. Maybe not to everyone's satisfaction , but it does have that distinction for the time being.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone deserved a better film. Although they have several issues I still wanted to see ASM 3. This series was much more salvageable than Raimi's trilogy.

I like how you mention salvageable...as in denoting a massive train wreck. ASM series was a massive train wreck. ASM2 killed the conductor and all the passengers. How does that make it more salvageable?

Look at the stunt double for DeHaan's Goblin! :funny:

attachment.php

Attachments

• goblin.jpg
    goblin.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 211
I just realised how I would have ended this film. Clearly it was intended to be a trilogy, so I think a bleaker, less hopeful ending could have been awesome. Maybe in the grief of Gwen's death Peter gets the black suit and the final scene is him just ripping Rhinos armour to shreds with his bare hands. That would be a pretty intense ending in my opinion.

I just realised how I would have ended this film. Clearly it was intended to be a trilogy, so I think a bleaker, less hopeful ending could have been awesome. Maybe in the grief of Gwen's death Peter gets the black suit and the final scene is him just ripping Rhinos armour to shreds with his bare hands. That would be a pretty intense ending in my opinion.

Much better than Rhino taking a sewer lid to the dome (presumably) in his military grade mech suit for sure.

Spidey's last line pretty much spells out his fate in this universe. "If you want me to come down there so you can kill me, I'll be right there". He wanted to die. And he did. He committed second hand suicide.

It may have been sarcastic on the outside, but Peter meant every word.

Eh. With everything else going on in the movie, from Electro, Goblin, Rhino, The Sinister Six, Gwen's death, etc. I think that throwing the black suit in at the very end would just be one thing too much.

I've gotta say, now that this is the end of the franchise, I'm very relieved that we got the ending that we did. I would have hated the whole series to end on a down note, so I'm glad there was a little bit of hope with Spidey's return to save the day.

Eh. With everything else going on in the movie, from Electro, Goblin, Rhino, The Sinister Six, Gwen's death, etc. I think that throwing the black suit in at the very end would just be one thing too much.

I've gotta say, now that this is the end of the franchise, I'm very relieved that we got the ending that we did. I would have hated the whole series to end on a down note, so I'm glad there was a little bit of hope with Spidey's return to save the day.

Yeah but in my ideal version of the movie none of that sinister six build up stuff would be in there haha. I just like bleak endings I guess, especially in what was intended to be the middle of a series. Just think it would be a cool character moment to link Gwen's death with the emotional change from the black suit.

Spidey's last line pretty much spells out his fate in this universe. "If you want me to come down there so you can kill me, I'll be right there". He wanted to die. And he did. He committed second hand suicide.

It may have been sarcastic on the outside, but Peter meant every word.
Yup. He couldn't handle being in such an awful movie so he committed suicide.

He came off like an abusive scum bag. Parker may hurl insults verbally, but he would never interrogate a man like that. Even Bats would be more refined.

"The boys in blue here!" He sounded like he was trying too hard to be the 'hip' new Spider-Man.

I think moviebob's article about the end of the Amazing franchise damn near summed up my thoughts exactly.

The attempt to make Spidey cool were Poochie levels of awful.

He's younger, more arrogant, and still pretty pissed off his Uncle was murdered. If you've never seen Spidey lose his cool, you must read many comics. Remember in that movie he is still on the path to becoming the Spider-Man we know.

That wasn't Spidey losing his cool. No tempers were flaring there. That was him acting like an abusive a-hole. And even in the time period after Spidey lost Uncle Ben in the comics he never acted like this.

Last edited:
I think moviebob's article about the end of the Amazing franchise damn near summed up my thoughts exactly.

The attempt to make Spidey cool were Poochie levels of awful.

It really did remind me of that. They even gave him a skateboard, which was one of Poochie's trademarks.

It really did remind me of that. They even gave him a skateboard, which was one of Poochie's trademarks.
The skateboard is just a groaner to me. I just hate it and I have nothing against skateboarding but I don't want to see Peter Parker do that.

I was in no way asking for a repeat of Spidey in the Raimi films as I can deal with and welcome different interpretations. I am not one of those people who wants the exact same interpretation every time but Sony could have done better than what they did IMHO.

I'm fine with Spidey being young rash and making mistakes as long as he learns from those mistakes in the future and I'm fine with him being cooler but I just thought the character traveled into selfish hipster *****eland and never fully escaped that personality even in the sequel. I just wish Garfield would have downplayed the mumbling and ticks and I believe there was some goofy ad-libbing happening as well. It just didn't sit well with me.

I feel like I'm in the minority on not liking Garfield's version of the character and that's okay because I'm secure in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"