The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - P - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird that we're getting such reactions from people with a month left to go, I would expect this kind of talk maybe a couple more weeks in. Unless this is standard summer movie gossip I'm not aware of, I can't remember last summer's comic book movies being examined this early on...but I'm sure I'm wrong.

Meh. That's to be expected.

Insulting someone who feels different? It's the guy's job to be a journalist and he's spreading news about a film he hasn't seen and has a clear bias against. It may be one thing if I actually liked the Raimi films, but the fact is I don't.

And you want to speak about hypocrisy? Someone on another thread said that Devin doesn't break embargo. Yet, he has no problem tweet about others' negative reactions to a film. He probably complained and had poni_boys positive reactions deleted as well.

It's weird that we're getting such reactions from people with a month left to go, I would expect this kind of talk maybe a couple more weeks in. Unless this is standard summer movie gossip I'm not aware of, I can't remember last summer's comic book movies being examined this early on...but I'm sure I'm wrong.[/QUOTE

Meh. That's to be expected.

Yeah maybe I've been out of the game for awhile as far as examining public reaction to these kind of films go. The more I hear about this movie the more it intrigues me, does anyone think this film would've had a better chance with the dreaded June release time as opposed to having just a couple weeks about before TDKR comes out?

Screw the Dafinici guy or whatver his name is.
Rumor speaders are idiots. Fact

I think it would've had a better release if it wasn't a reboot.

And you want to speak about hypocrisy? Someone on another thread said that Devin doesn't break embargo. Yet, he has no problem tweet about others' negative reactions to a film. He probably complained and had poni_boys positive reactions deleted as well.

Pointing to other hypocrisy doesn't change the hypocrisy at hand.

Devin is...Devin and Pietro (Poni Boy) is a good buddy. But the fact is he broke embargo. Nobody "reported" him. Sony, all studios for that matter, keep a careful eye on Twitter nowadays after what happened with Avatar.

Screw the Dafinici guy or whatver his name is.
Rumor speaders are idiots. Fact

p17.jpg

:grin:

Pointing to other hypocrisy doesn't change the hypocrisy at hand.

Devin is...Devin and Pietro (Poni Boy) is a good buddy. But the fact is he broke embargo. Nobody "reported" him. Sony, all studios for that matter, keep a careful eye on Twitter nowadays after what happened with Avatar.

And yet there are still other ASM reactions still on twitter? Just that the ones that were retweeted to Devin are now deleted?

Not trying to change the fact that I'm being hypocritical. Basically pointing out that he's a journalist, who's job it is to write objectively because his words have influence more so than anyone who's not a writer.

And yet there are still other ASM reactions still on twitter? Just that the ones that were retweeted to Devin are now deleted?

From non-professionals and/or those who haven't seen it. Like Devin. Last I checked he hadn't seen it yet?

Its his job to review not cause havok against a film.
Thats chilidish for someone his age.

So is saying you'll have premature ejaculation over watching a movie....

A couple of web-guys (First Showing was definitely one of em; Slashfilm may have been another. Don't remember) decided to break their embargo on Avatar and nerdgasm how much they loved it.

Then a bunch of others followed suit. But the reaction was so positive Fox quickly lifted the embargos. Suddenly you saw an overload of reviews.

From non-professionals and/or those who haven't seen it. Like Devin. Last I checked he hadn't seen it yet?

I'm not exactly sure what counts as a non-professional? There were other bloggers with sites that went with poni_boy to the screening. Judging from his tweets on the film, he was "getting word from others". Not sure if that really counts as him seeing it. But I don't know for sure.

Its his job to review not cause havok against a film.
Thats chilidish for someone his age.

But again. If he had nice things to say, he wouldn't be bad-mouthing him. Because you have decided you already love the movie. Even though you haven't seen it. Devin knows people who have and is taking their word.

A couple of web-guys (First Showing was definitely one of em; Slashfilm may have been another. Don't remember) decided to break their embargo on Avatar and nerdgasm how much they loved it.

Then a bunch of others followed suit. But the reaction was so positive Fox quickly lifted the embargos. Suddenly you saw an overload of reviews.

Oh, I thought it was gonna be about Avatar: TLA.

OT: I really liked Avatar, hated TLA.

I'm not exactly sure what counts as a non-professional? There were other bloggers with sites that went with poni_boy to the screening. Judging from his tweets on the film, he was "getting word from others". Not sure if that really counts as him seeing it. But I don't know for sure.

Those who weren't there for the sole purpose of reviewing it on a professional platform, i.e. web-sites.

But again. If he had nice things to say, he wouldn't be bad-mouthing him. Because you have decided you already love the movie. Even though you haven't seen it. Devin knows people who have and is taking their word.

Thing is, I was ready to accept this negative reaction until I clicked on the link and realized it was Devin. Hey, did I say anything insulting to your friends who had mixed to negative reviews? no. at least I dont' think I did.

Those who weren't there for the sole purpose of reviewing it on a professional platform, i.e. web-sites.

Okay, so I'm guessing that all reviews on web-sites aren't considered professional?

Thing is, I was ready to accept this negative reaction until I clicked on the link and realized it was Devin. Hey, did I say anything insulting to your friends who had mixed to negative reviews? no. at least I dont' think I did.

Didn't say you were about me. But that doesn't change the fact that insults are being thrown around about hating Spider-Man to those who haven't seen it...by those who already love it...who also haven't seen it....

Okay, so I'm guessing that all reviews on web-sites aren't considered professional?

It depends on who the tweet was from though. Poni_boy is an editor of a site, so he's there specifically for that..the couple people he went with were writers yeah but they could've been there as his invites, not their in a professional capacity. I had a chance to go to a press screening of Spider-Man 3 years ago and the guy I would've went wouldn't have been allowed to say a thing but I would've been ok since I'm his invite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"