The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teaser trailer will definitely be online by the end July. They posted the teaser for The Amazing Spider-Man the day before SDCC 2011, so maybe we'll get it July 17th? I don't expect the Comic Con footage to be *officially* released online.
ASM's SDCC panel took place on the day Cap America released, which contained the ASM teaser. That's pretty much the only reason why the teaser went online before SDCC, in addition to the teaser already leaking at the beginning of that week. I think this will be sort of a Man of Steel situation (except nothing will leak), where the teaser/footage will be shown first at Comic-Con, and then the teaser will be officially released the following week if it's attached to The Wolverine.

The rumours lately seem to be getting more ridiculous as they go on. Hopefully very little of it is as true as I don't see much, if anything, that I can picture actually working out well for the movie.

From the Movieweb article
In an earlier report, we gave a pretty good description of what the Green Goblin will look like, and some were worried that Norman, played by the 63 year-old Chris Cooper, might be a little goofy with spiked green hair no matter how cool his black Iron Man-like armor is. Does the fact that Harry is the Green Goblin from the get-go ease your mind at all? Or is that more troubling?

Sounds like they're trying to cover their tracks by making their last ridiculous claim seem more believable.

1. Harry as GG before his old man is a terrible idea.

2. It doesn't matter who is GG. That costume as it's described would look stupid on anyone.

Again. The rumour just keep getting more ridiculous.

If it does turn out to be true, I'll be disappointed. However, I think Harry trying to please his oblivious father by testing the serum and a sort of "battle of the offspring" might be a cool concept. I'm a still a bit leery though.

I have thought at great length about Harry as the OGG (original Green Goblin) and have come up with an acceptable, and what I think is an actual GOOD scenario for this.
(by this time, Norman is developing a serum that will make him well again, and Harry is aware of it, and what it does. It makes Norman stronger, and faster, more youthful for several hours, etc. etc.)

1- Harry's father doesn't pay him much attention, as Harry is a bit dull.
2- Harry tries his best to impress his father, to no avail
3- Norman takes an interest in Pete, seeing so much of his father in him
4- Harry turns to drugs
5- Spider-Man is interfering in Oscorp's business, making Norman very angry
6- Harry in a fit of depression, and takes a large dose of the serum that makes Norman well, a suicide attempt
7- Harry becomes the Goblin, and seizes his new found power, tries to kill Spider-Man to make Norman love him
8- Norman isn't impressed, but uses Harry as a puppet to hurt Oscorp's commpetitors
9- Harry realizes his father doesn't care, and goes on an insane rampage to hurt Peter as much as he can (jealous that Pete gets love, he doesn't)
10- Harry kidnaps Gwen, and takes her to the GW bridge
11- You know what happens.

Harry acts the Goblin, Norman IS the Goblin behind the scenes.

Last edited:
I have thought at great length about Harry as the OGG (original Green Goblin) and have come up with an acceptable, and what I think is an actual GOOD scenario for this.
(by this time, Norman is developing a serum that will make him well again, and Harry is aware of it, and what it does. It makes Norman stronger, and faster, more youthful for several hours, etc. etc.)

1- Harry's father doesn't pay him much attention, as Harry is a bit dull.
2- Harry tries his best to impress his father, to no avail
3- Norman takes an interest in Pete, seeing so much of his father in him
4- Harry turns to drugs
5- Spider-Man is interfering in Oscorp's business, making Norman very angry
6- Harry in a fit of depression, and takes a large dose of the serum that makes Norman well, a suicide attempt
7- Harry becomes the Goblin, and seizes his new found power, tries to kill Spider-Man to make Norman love him
8- Norman isn't impressed, but uses Harry as a puppet to hurt Oscorp's commpetitors
9- Harry realizes his father doesn't care, and goes on an insane rampage to hurt Peter as much as he can (jealous that Pete gets love, he doesn't)
10- Harry kidnaps Gwen, and takes her to the GW bridge
11- You know what happens.

Harry acts the Goblin, Norman IS the Goblin behind the scenes.

Sad irony of what you just listed there pretty much resembles what they did in "SSM."

I love SSM, but I never got past the 1st season, because after that, they only have DVDs of individual episodes... I don't have that kind of money.

ive said from the beginning that this time around, they will try to let us think Harry is the Goblin, he may turn out to be, or it's a norman fake out. But they're going to shroud it in a "hobgoblin" type mystery. It's better that way and fresher imo.. still hope it ends up being norman in the end, but im up for being fooled into thinking it's not.

What if we think it is Norman the entire time, and the GG kills Gwen (or makes Pete kill Gwen), and Peter finds, and revenge kills Norman/Harry in their home, come to find out the Goblin was someone else entirely?

What if we think it is Norman the entire time, and the GG kills Gwen (or makes Pete kill Gwen), and Peter finds, and revenge kills Norman/Harry in their home, come to find out the Goblin was someone else entirely?

that would be stupid

I'm all for The Spectacular Spider-Man route, with Harry, Norman and Chameleon all in one big cycle. (DeeHaan, Cooper or Massee, Massee or Cooper)

Rather than Harry getting addicted to drugs, he could get addicted to the serum (which was referenced in the SSM as "The Green").

Not like murder, but he is convinced Goblin is Norman or Harry, he has some circumstantial evidence, so he swings into Norman's house, and starts bustin heads, and goes too far.

Then he later finds out that Norman/Harry wasn't the Goblin, and he is a murderer. Possibly it was the OTHER Osborn. (Norman was the Goblin, he attacks Harry, etc.)

Not like murder, but he is convinced Goblin is Norman or Harry, he has some circumstantial evidence, so he swings into Norman's house, and starts bustin heads, and goes too far.

Then he later finds out that Norman/Harry wasn't the Goblin, and he is a murderer. Possibly it was the OTHER Osborn. (Norman was the Goblin, he attacks Harry, etc.)

I would not like that at all, unless they were dealing with the Symbiote.

I would not like that at all, unless they were dealing with the Symbiote.

That could be interesting.

I was thinking like Pete has flash backs of His mother and father, of Ben, and of Gwen loving him, of Captain Stacy, and he just snaps and goes all out, fighting Norman or Harry expecting them to BE the goblin, so he lets all his power out, not like TRYING to kill them, but trying to subdue full Goblin strength, and it is just too much for their normal, human body.

peter may have accidentally just killed gwen, he does not need to be directly responsible for killing the goblin (or anyone for that matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"