Sequels The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
T"Challa;25737655 said:
Quicksilver is going to hit the big screen before Flash..damn.

Anyway, Ben Foster for Pietro!

So now we potentially have 5 new additions to the roster:
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Wasp
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver

Do you guys think they'll all make it in? I think Wanda and Pietro kinda make Hank and Jan redundant right?

Don't forget Falcon, War Machine, and Winter Soldier are all possibilities as well.

And those Guardians of the Galaxy.

No way Winter Soldier is showing. War Machine would be too much, and I'm starting to doubt Falcon will show up given how many characters it sounds like will already be in the film. We know there are multiple villains, and with the Maximoffs in the film I'm certain High Evolutionary and The Other will be the villains, with Thanos being involved because, you know, The Other serves him. Don't even think any of the Guardians besides Star-Lord will be in either.

So now we potentially have 7 new additions to the roster:
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Wasp
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver
Falcon
War Machine

Do you guys think they'll all make it in? I think Wanda and Pietro kinda make Hank and Jan redundant right?

I'd be happy with just BP, Pietro and Wanda.

No way Winter Soldier is showing. War Machine would be too much, and I'm starting to doubt Falcon will show up given how many characters it sounds like will already be in the film. We know there are multiple villains, and with the Maximoffs in the film I'm certain High Evolutionary and The Other will be the villains, with Thanos being involved because, you know, The Other serves him. Don't even think any of the Guardians besides Star-Lord will be in either.
Man, you're assuming a lot.

I personally don't want any signs of Quicksilver before we get the Flash in live-action.

If we get Quicksilver before Flash, that will be very sad IMO.

I always believed that Flash has the potential to be DC's Iron Man - be the superhero that comes out of nowhere and becomes one of DC's top dogs in popularity.

He has so much potential and I think it's a shame WB hasn't given him a good movie yet. Heck, in a lot of ways, he would be DC's Spider-Man - an everyman, very down to earth, relatable, a bit of a science nerd (in the case of Barry), has a sense of humor, etc.

If the GA is exposed to Quicksilver before Flash, I feel that Flash would be robbed of his full potential because he won't be anything new.

do people really go " hmm, well I'm not going to see that Flash movie since he's a fast guy and I saw that fast guy in Avengers 2, so what's the point?"

I've never understood that point. Two characters can be similar but portrayed in very different ways.

Of course that Flash can still be successful. Just not as successful as he can be if he is the first.

I think the name Flash carries more weight than Quicksilver though, and a Flash movie has much more opportunity to showcase and expand on speedster skills and qualities more than what Quicksilver will show in Avengers 2 (assuming he and Wanda are actually going to make it through to final draft.) I'd personally love a Flash movie, he's a cool and different character. Seeing another speedster on screen will hinder any excitement for the future.

I personally don't want any signs of Quicksilver before we get the Flash in live-action.
Better get used to the idea then. DC's loss for being a ****.

If we get Quicksilver before Flash, that will be very sad IMO.

I always believed that Flash has the potential to be DC's Iron Man - be the superhero that comes out of nowhere and becomes one of DC's top dogs in popularity.

He has so much potential and I think it's a shame WB hasn't given him a good movie yet. Heck, in a lot of ways, he would be DC's Spider-Man - an everyman, very down to earth, relatable, a bit of a science nerd (in the case of Barry), has a sense of humor, etc.

If the GA is exposed to Quicksilver before Flash, I feel that Flash would be robbed of his full potential because he won't be anything new.
He would never be Spider-Man. Pass all the things you mentioned, they're completely different and the differences are why Spider-Man is so popular.

Better get used to the idea then. DC's loss for being a ****.

The sad part is that this is just when WB/DC started to see the potential in their characters too.

He would never be Spider-Man. Pass all the things you mentioned, they're completely different and the differences are why Spider-Man is so popular.

He doesn't have those attributes to the same extent that Spider-Man does nor will he reach Spider-Man level popularity but he does have the potential to reach an Iron Man level of popularity IMO, which is like the next best thing.

Of course that Flash can still be successful. Just not as successful as he can be if he is the first.

actually, Flash's chances are greater if he debuts after Quicksilver. think about it carefully. Quicksilver will set the bar. all Flash has to do is beat it. imagine if the Flash movie came out and then Marvel, purposely, made Quicksilver faster than him.

actually, Flash's chances are greater if he debuts after Quicksilver. think about it carefully. Quicksilver will set the bar. all Flash has to do is beat it. imagine if the Flash movie came out and then Marvel, purposely, made Quicksilver faster than him.

That's a good point. Haven't thought of that.

The sad part is that this is just when WB/DC started to see the potential in their characters too.

He doesn't have those attributes to the same extent that Spider-Man does nor will he reach Spider-Man level popularity but he does have the potential to reach an Iron Man level of popularity IMO, which is like the next best thing.
I can't see a Flash movie ever grossing a billion dollars. But then again if you had told me an Iron Man movie would one day gross a billion dollars back in 2007 I would have laughed and spit in your face.

Question .... why Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver?

I wonder that as well.. what do they bring to the possible content in an Avengers 2 movie? I can only think Masters of Evil then flip sides and help take down 'something' else. (not sold on the idea of Thanos grouping a team of baddies together, but also not sold on the idea of Thanos just popping up in the 3rd act and raising bad place.) Only time will tell I guess haha

They both play a major role in Avengers history (big screen quirky quartet!), Quicksilver could have Nightcrawler-like dynamism on screen, Wanda gives them an A-level female powerhouse, and their appearance lets Marvel define two long term characters. Perhaps just as important, this likely will open up the world of the MCU mutants, the Inhumans.

They're brother and sister who both have conflicted feelings about the path they should take, and have habits of going off half cocked due to it.

I know they'll be important both in the movie and long term effect on future MCU films probably but where do we think they'll fit into the movie itself? I guess that's hard to answer since we still don't know what the overall plot is going to be other than "more personal" which can go any of like 20 different ways lol

Scarlet Witch is one of the most popular female Avengers, and definitely the most powerful. A few decades' worth of the Avengers stories revolve around her. We all naturally assumed Joss would try to even out the gender ratio a bit for the sequel, and she's as good a choice as any.

Quicksilver is an interesting case in that he's only really popular through his association with SW and Magneto (and to a much lesser extent Crystal and the Inhumans). So they have a ton of leeway in terms of how they'll adapt him. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up more villain than hero, something along the lines of Spike from Buffy

They might start off as bad guys. No reason they have too be good and part of the avengers right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"