Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything breaks new ground I think it is going to be the new unique characters we've seen all of the guys kick button already a bunch of times lol that's why my most anticipated next year is Dr strange that's going to be nuts.

Mbj: Youre right dude. Just getting swept up in this review stuff.

Why do people even care so much about the negative reviews? Everyone likes to tout how great the reviews for Avengers and Winter Soldier were but now that they're not as good it's suddenly "These idiots don't care about comics and don't know what they're talking about!"

Why don't people just enjoy the movie on their own personal level and not stress over what everyone else thinks?
Amen to this.

Why do people even care so much about the negative reviews? Everyone likes to tout how great the reviews for Avengers and Winter Soldier were but now that they're not as good it's suddenly "These idiots don't care about comics and don't know what they're talking about!"

Why don't people just enjoy the movie on their own personal level and not stress over what everyone else thinks?

Because some people can't have their own tastes. They need validation for something they like.

I like Man of Steel, and I'm well aware of its problems, but I don't need a bunch critics to justify me liking that movie.

Most of the negative reviews I've been seeing have been along the lines of "If you're not into comic book movies, there's a lot to complain about here" and most of the positive reviews have been along the lines of "If you're a comic book reader, then this is for you."

Isn't that what Joss Whedon has aimed to do in the first place? To make COMIC BOOK movies that actually feel like comic books?

A lot of the reviews (positive and negative alike) remind me of Iron Man 2 as well: That the movie serves as a big bridge to the finale that will be the Infinity War. Lots of people feel that Iron Man 2 was just a setup for the other movies rather than being a standalone film. That may very well be the case with Age of Ultron. I don't consider that to be a bad thing though. I actually liked Iron Man 2, and I feel that Iron Man 2 has improved over the years when you view it as a part of a whole cinematic universe rather than a standalone film.

Because some people can't have their own tastes. They need validation for something they like.

I like Man of Steel, and I'm well aware of its problems, but I don't need a bunch critics to justify me liking that movie.

Thats the spirit.

Im not worried, Im just picking apart everyones reasons for why they had problems with it. This is what happens when you obsess over movies for 3 years I guess :lmao:

Most of the negative reviews I've been seeing have been along the lines of "If you're not into comic book movies, there's a lot to complain about here" and most of the positive reviews have been along the lines of "If you're a comic book reader, then this is for you."

Isn't that what Joss Whedon has aimed to do in the first place? To make COMIC BOOK movies that actually feel like comic books?

A lot of the reviews (positive and negative alike) remind me of Iron Man 2 as well: That the movie serves as a big bridge to the finale that will be the Infinity War. Lots of people feel that Iron Man 2 was just a setup for the other movies rather than being a standalone film. That may very well be the case with Age of Ultron. I don't consider that to be a bad thing though. I actually liked Iron Man 2, and I feel that Iron Man 2 has improved over the years when you view it as a part of a whole cinematic universe rather than a standalone film.

I've noticed the same about the reviews. As much as I don't care about the critics, its mind boggling for me that they bash a Comic Book Movie for being like a comic. The reviews I have read are very polarizing. Some praise it and think its on par/better than the Avengers or think its meh and nothing new. A movie doesn't have to break new ground to be good. It shouldn't be judged upon that. I have yet to see the movie, and I'll form my opinion then, its just those two things bother me.

Thats very true. I know quite a few people on these boards who liked TASM 2 till the negative reviews started coming in. I'm in no way defending that movie. I know it had lots of problems, but its funny how people just all of a sudden turn because their opinion is unpopular.

Its "very comic book-y" - Uh, thats what we want.

Happens every time there's no avoiding it, for good or for bad.

The reviews that really hyped me up were the AMC movie talk review. After that I was at ease.

Remember Vision yes it is what WE want but this is a film that reviewers will need to review as a movie, so it is ok if they don't like certain aspects of it, we will eat it up though which is why I'm at ease. Film will still be certified fresh, and some already stated multiple views adds alot to the film. Now reviewers who just want to be stand out with incindiary click bait insults that I don't have any time for.

There is this one moment that have me CHILLS! You guys will love it! The Avengers in all their glory!

Can't wait Visions! Also if you see it again update us on how you felt after second viewing.

Can't wait Visions! Also if you see it again update us on how you felt after second viewing.

I'm seeing it 6 times in 6 days :funny:

To be honest buddy, I think I will enjoy it much more after my second viewing. I can just sit back, relax and enjoy!

Agreed. Despite the vocal critics here on SHH, I really enjoy Iron Man 3. I think it's one of Marvel's best efforts.

In regards to AOU, I'll make up my own mind about its quality, but hearing that it's not without flaws is a good thing. Untempered expectations can do more damage to a film than anything in the film itself.

Damn how can you afford that? haha I would never, not matter how much I like a movie lol

Damn how can you afford that? haha I would never, not matter how much I like a movie lol

Age of Ultron was an event for me in 2015. Need to make the most of it.... It has been a long, hair wait my friend.

Joss is pushing himself, hes making art as well. So flaws sometimes are a good sign. If its that easy to do, it wouldnt be as special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"