Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

FWmt2f4.jpg

New Avengers FTW!

@Vartha: Hi Vartha...thanks very much for the reply...yes, long time indeed since we chat :)
Yes, Iron Man always get the focus center in any poster of Avengers here (so did Avengers 1)...

I'm afraid in Civil War Japan poster next year, Disney Japan will also market Iron Man bigger than Cap himself despite it's a Captain America movie (Also given the history that Disney Japan has changed the title of so many Disney movie (like Frozen & Brave), I won't be surprise if Disney Japan will change the title into something like "Iron Man/Captain America: Civil War")

Speaking of Disney Japan, a lot of fans in Japan has been raged because of the release of new poster...the new 4 Japan poster are indeed lame...very lame...
you can see it here...https://twitter.com/disneystudiojp/status/598478244065607681

It looks not like a superhero movie, especially the very bad & lame catchphrase...plus in local TV Commercial...it show lots of spoilers (especially on Vision scene) and also the news of the appearing character in Civil War more and less has already ruin the surprise for lots of fans here (including me)...well, This is what happens when Disney Japan released AoU 3 months late from the rest of the world. many fans has been rage over this.

There's been a petition already on fanbase here to demand that MCU movies to be separated from Disney. There's a lot of reasons why fans here despise Disney Japan..one of the reason is that it looks like Disney Japan has no idea what is Avengers, and what is Marvel really are (that bad lame catchphrase on the poster & trailer is proof of that), and also the half hearted marketing campaign...they market Cinderella, Star Wars 7, Tomorrowland and the new Pixar movie (which will be released after AoU) way more than Age of Ultron.

Im sorry i wroted this long, just want to share the story from my place here..haha :)

This is no surprise. Iron Man is bigger in Japan than CA is and this somewhat harkens back to the first film where the movie was run in most markets as "The First Avenger", without the Captain America branding.

I love Cap, he's my second favorite Marvel Character, but he's been a hard sell in international markets where he's seen as the most overt form of American propaganda. I know there is much more to the character than that, but it's hard to explain that to people with the spangly outfit. ;)

I want this movie to do well overseas, so whatever the marketing people think is best to do that. In the American market Marvel made it clear (and Robert Downey Jr.) that this is CAPTAIN AMERICA: Civil War.

FWmt2f4.jpg

New Avengers FTW!

That is freaking beautiful! Where did the artwork come from?

I've been noticing from the set pics and from this, some subtle changes to Cap's outfit from AoU. They took out the red piping around the star.

A mostly flight capable team this time around.

Id love to hear Captain America reference his team in a cool comic book way. Like: "Falcon, show em what you got", or "Vision, let em have it:". They never really say colorful stuff like that. Its usually just regular dialogue.

I swear this was me at the theater...

2qtwa60.jpg

:hehe:

Yup... the party seems to be moving to the Civil War forums since shooting just started up. I'm sure Ant-Man's marketing machine will ignite a fire in that forum as well. We'll probably see that start in June.

Memorial day coming up, yeah It will be slow in here

I swear this was me at the theater...

2qtwa60.jpg

:hehe:

Bahahaha, me too.

I actually groaned a little bit when the credits cut him off. So close! Joss Whedon is evil, and I'm a masochist for being a fan of his work. :oldrazz:

Does anyone else find it depressing we spend over a year hyping these movies and barely a month later, they fall out of most people's radars?

Yeah sometimes. That's why you go see the film to meet some of those fans lol but I am pretty sure alot of people are on the road for Memorial day.

Yup. But it's the natural rise and fall of hype. Our anticipation, excitement, and curiosity boils right until the release. Now we're all looking for the next thing.

That's why I felt for Joss when they announced the next Phase of Marvel movies almost eight months before AOU was released. He was basically like "But wait! My movie hasn't come out yet! :("

Has everyone forgotten Ant-Man? I'm sure SOMEHOW he'll end up on the new team TOO.

Updated the Marvel Timeline.
Full size here
http://i.imgur.com/dY1aCIP.png

dY1aCIP.png
I question the placement of Iron Man 3 in 2013. December/New Year's Eve 1999 + 13 years (dialogue stated more than once in the film) = Late December 2012, not December 2013 (that would be more like 14 years - personally I ignore the 'squint and you'll miss it' newspaper date as newspapers can print mistakes). December 2012 also works better with Avengers being spring/summer 2012 (as I'm fairly certain it's meant to have been about 6 months between Avengers & IM3 - not a year and a half - and that makes his PTSD all the more intense as 35 suits in 6 months is kind of more insane, that's less than a week spent on each suit)

Yup. But it's the natural rise and fall of hype. Our anticipation, excitement, and curiosity boils right until the release. Now we're all looking for the next thing.

That's why I felt for Joss when they announced the next Phase of Marvel movies almost eight months before AOU was released. He was basically like "But wait! My movie hasn't come out yet! :("

I know. How much more awesome would it be if they just announced one or two at a time? There might also be less criticism of movies being just trailers for the next one of people don't kno what's coming. I feel like the only reason they did that was as a reaction to DC announcing their movies.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that today. It's not just with Marvel movies, but pretty much everything. We live in a frenetically paced society today. Things like high-speed internet, the 24/7 news cycle, etc etc.

It's hard for anything to stay in the minds of people for a long time, no matter how big it is.

I question the placement of Iron Man 3 in 2013. December/New Year's Eve 1999 + 13 years (dialogue stated more than once in the film) = Late December 2012, not December 2013 (that would be more like 14 years - personally I ignore the 'squint and you'll miss it' newspaper date as newspapers can print mistakes). December 2012 also works better with Avengers being spring/summer 2012 (as I'm fairly certain it's meant to have been about 6 months between Avengers & IM3 - not a year and a half - and that makes his PTSD all the more intense as 35 suits in 6 months is kind of more insane, that's less than a week spent on each suit)
Yeah there's two parts to the timeline
Here's PRE Avengers (which will change again with Hank Pym Ant-Man Dates) I'll have to change the date tho. I had no idea of when IM3 actually took place
Full size
http://i.imgur.com/blZahqb.png

blZahqb.png

hahaha OOPS I see another mistake. I placed odin placing the tesseract on earth before the Jotun's attack *facepalm*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"