Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 52

Yeah, I was just thinking about that today. It's not just with Marvel movies, but pretty much everything. We live in a frenetically paced society today. Things like high-speed internet, the 24/7 news cycle, etc etc.

It's hard for anything to stay in the minds of people for a long time, no matter how big it is.

you're right, putting this into darker terms, whenever there is a shooting at a school or cinema we cry for 2 weeks say we'll do something then a week later no ones talking about it.
If your familiar with the 2 Australian Men who smuggled drugs into bali and were executed,
people talked about it for 1 week tops then just moved on.
Thats what i dont like about this dark, cruel world.

Finally the majority of the viewer distribution of the subforums is shifting from here to Civil War. About time!

Yes. 4 members right now. This is it.

Updated the Timeline again lol
http://i.imgur.com/F8gv9zX.png
F8gv9zX.png

Vartha, fantastic work on the Timeline! :applaud

As for the activity in this section, I think its also skewed by having the film come out almost 2 weeks earlier overseas than the U.S. There are spoiler, review, favorite scenes & characters, funniest lines, what are the flaws etc topics going on for weeks before at least half the forum even sees the movie which cuts down on discussion and activity before and after the US release.

I'd planned to go back and read the topics and posts I was avoiding even in the News and character sections but wound up just skimming so I could quickly catch up and then when I had something to say it felt like the topic had already moved on. :oldrazz:

Whereas in the build up to the release with news, photos and interviews there are more people who we can watch and contribute at the same time.

I just plan on working most of the weekend lol

Any news on the rumored extended edition? I'll be peeved at Amazon for getting my hopes up if it doesn't happen :argh:

God, I hope that extended version happens. The movie was fun, but it really could have used another 20+ minutes to give it room to breathe.

Exactly. I would definitely buy an extended cut even if it costs extra.

In my opinion, these Avengers movies are big enough that they should warrant comprehensive extended edition DVD's/Blu Ray's like the Lord of the Rings ones. For the life of me, I don't know why some other directors of big movies aren't following in Peter Jackson's footsteps. I'm not just talking about the extended cuts of the films either, I'm also talking about the wealth of special features and documentaries. I could sit and watch that stuff for hours. I'm sure there is a lot of material to draw from in this case. The Avengers movies are very large productions.

It's a neat timeline, but I don't agree that The First Avenger should be watched first. The main story is framed by events taking place during the present, which lack context if you watch TFA first. Iron Man is the best introduction to the MCU, in my opinion. This is the viewing order I've put together for my own personal rewatching:

Movies
TV Shows
"One-Shots"

1. Iron Man
2. Iron Man 2
3. "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer"
4. Thor
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. "The Consultant"
7. Captain America: The First Avenger
8. Agent Carter 1.01 - 1.08
9. The Avengers
10. "Item 47"
11. Iron Man 3
12. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.01 - 1.07
13. Thor: The Dark World
14. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.08 - 1.11
15. "All Hail the King"
16. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.12 - 1.16
17. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
18. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1.17 - 1.22
19: Guardians of the Galaxy
20. Daredevil 1.01 - 1.13
21. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 2.01 - 2.19
22. Avengers: Age of Ultron
23. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 2.20 - 2.22

While Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk and Thor all take place within the same week, I placed Iron Man 2 first because it's a direct sequel to Iron Man 1, picking up six months after Stark revealed that he was Iron Man.

I put Thor after IM2 because Coulson leaves for New Mexico in IM2, and arrives there in Thor, so it would be awkward if we have a whole other movie in-between. And I put TIH third because it must take place after IM2, when Stark becomes a consultant for SHIELD--or the final scene must, anyway. But seeing Stark visit Ross and then jumping back in time for IM2 would be confusing.

And then I put The First Avenger as the last of the pre-Avengers movies primarily because it serves as a perfect setup, with its focus on the Tesseract. Also, it felt like Rogers hadn't been unfrozen for too long before he was put into action, so it makes sense to jump into Avengers immediately after TFA.

I don't include the Agent Carter One-Shot because the TV series covers much of the same ground, basically putting it out of continuity. I treat it like an unaired pilot. And I put All Hail the King in the middle of AoS season one mostly so that there would be some time in-between it and IM3, allowing Trevor Slattery time to build up his mystique in prison. I placed it between "The Magical Place" and "Seeds" because there was a clean break between storylines with those two episodes, so it wouldn't be as awkward as watching AHtK in the middle of a story arc.

Any news on the rumored extended edition? I'll be peeved at Amazon for getting my hopes up if it doesn't happen :argh:

Any extended edition would probably require money and time for post production as well re-editing. It's more likely we get deleted scenes and even then we won't get them all just like we didn't with Avengers when 30+ minutes was cut out. We'll also see some were very deserving of being cut - like that Maria Hill intro. Ugh and some like the Steve intro should have been in there (I will never let it go!)

Ehh I still disagree, Cap should be watched first. Takes place the furthest in the past and he is literally the first avenger. I'd say the entire film taking place in the past prior to IM and anything else outweighs the post credit scene which people seem to think is the reason it should be watched last before avengers. Totally disagree on that. Post credits scenes you have to look at them separately.

Ehh I still disagree, Cap should be watched first. Takes place the furthest in the past and he is literally the first avenger. I'd say the entire film taking place in the past prior to IM and anything else outweighs the post credit scene which people seem to think is the reason it should be watched last before avengers. Totally disagree on that. Post credits scenes you have to look at them separately.
TFA doesn't have a post-credit scene, aside from the ad for The Avengers (plus the scene that's used is in The Avengers anyway). The very first scene depicts a group of SHIELD agents finding the wreckage of the Valkyrie in the Arctic, and the final scene before the credits is Steve waking up and Fury telling him he's been asleep for almost 70 years.

TFA doesn't have a post-credit scene, aside from the ad for The Avengers (plus the scene that's used is in The Avengers anyway). The very first scene depicts a group of SHIELD agents finding the wreckage of the Valkyrie in the Arctic, and the final scene before the credits is Steve waking up and Fury telling him he's been asleep for almost 70 years.

I know thank you very much I've seen the film many times, you don't need to tell me haha. I'm saying the "post credit scene" for it which we know is the Ad for avengers basically doesn't mean it needs to be watched last before avengers. I still always watch it first before Iron Man because the majority of the film takes place in the past prior to IM and all the other MCU events.

Ah, gotcha. I misunderstood what you were saying, sorry!

To be honest nowadays I just skip the TFA post-credits stuff. I never did like the ad for Avengers, and the scene with Cap and Fury is in Avengers anyway.

Yeah I just skip it too, once the film has ended that's it for me haha.

In my opinion, these Avengers movies are big enough that they should warrant comprehensive extended edition DVD's/Blu Ray's like the Lord of the Rings ones. For the life of me, I don't know why some other directors of big movies aren't following in Peter Jackson's footsteps. I'm not just talking about the extended cuts of the films either, I'm also talking about the wealth of special features and documentaries. I could sit and watch that stuff for hours. I'm sure there is a lot of material to draw from in this case. The Avengers movies are very large productions.

Agreed, man. That behind the scenes stuff is gold. Love spending an entire rainy day watching it all.

It's the studio more than the director. Disney doesn't seem interested in special features. No doubt the accountants have told them it's not cost effective for how many more extended units they'd sell. Also an extended edition would require post production costs - editing, VFX etc.

It's the studio more than the director. Disney doesn't seem interested in special features. No doubt the accountants have told them it's not cost effective for how many more extended units they'd sell. Also an extended edition would require post production costs - editing, VFX etc.

Well, I for one hope the Fox's Rogue Cut is a success then, if only so it can convince Marvel Studios to release Extended Cuts for their movies.

I just realized something. When Hulk threw that car at Iron Man, wasn't the person still in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"