The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that the big three superhero franchises are Spider-man, Batman and Avengers.

All favorites of mine.

Enjoy these years, fellas. It's the golden age of super hero movies.

Best thing about this summer is that we get so see Captain america, thor, hulk, hawkeye, black widow, iron man, nick fury, maria hill, phil coulson, stark tower, the helicarrier, the quinjet, loki, batman, bane, alfred, gordon, talia, catwoman, spider-man, gwen stacy, uncle ben and aunt may, the lizard, and captain stacy all on the big screen!!!

I remember when a movie making 200 million domestic was still seen as a big deal :p

Dark Shadows trailer is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTjD3rV27Go

And it is very clearly a zany old-school burton comedy in the vain of bettlejuice. Do we still not think this movie will be a threat? I think women will flock to this movie.

That movie looks so ridiculous. I was like. Uh.. Ok.. It doesn't look like stiff competition, but is a tim burton and Johnny depp film, so who knows. Hopefully people are getting tired of depp and burton

I actually think DS looks like it could be fun, even though I haven't liked a Burton live action film since Ed Wood, but people who think it's genuine Avengers competition are nuts. Best case scenario, I'd say it does 90-100 domestic. It could easily do half that, Sweeney Todd style, especially if it turns out awful. Alice in Wonderland it ain't.

Best thing about this summer is that we get so see Captain america, thor, hulk, hawkeye, black widow, iron man, nick fury, maria hill, phil coulson, stark tower, the helicarrier, the quinjet, loki, batman, bane, alfred, gordon, talia, catwoman, spider-man, gwen stacy, uncle ben and aunt may, the lizard, and captain stacy all on the big screen!!!
Thankfully, not all in the same film, LOL.

I wonder when we will start seeing figures from just the midnight ticket sales.

Already have mine, bring on the 24th of April!

We've already seen most of those charcters on the big screen before by the way.

As a fan of the original Dark Shadows this new movie looks HORRENDOUS but I have no perspective on how the GA will percieve it. My gut instinct though is that even if I was not a fan of the original this would still look horrendous.

DS does look like fun even though it doesn't resemble the series much.

I didn't realize the Hunger Games was tracking to do so much. Good grief. Last I read it could do $100 million + next weekend.

Why does that franchise have so much hype??? Were the books really that spectacular? The trailers I have seen have not impressed me at all. And, with all due respect to Jennifer Lawrence, it's not riding a wave of star power.

One good thing though; having a major success come before can be a good thing if THE AVENGERS trailer gets attached to showings of The Hunger Games. It can drastically increase the exposure of the trailer and thus the awareness of the movie. Unfortunately John Carter could not be that movie.

I've never read the books so I can't comment on the quality of them but I do they're really popular.

Why does that franchise have so much hype??? Were the books really that spectacular?
Spectacular? Couldn't say, never read 'em. But they are definitely that spectacularly popular.

And with the movie getting such positive reviews claiming it will appeal to anyone outside the book-loving fandom who can appreciate a good dystopian sci-fi tale, I would say the predictions for its success are not the least bit exaggerated. After all, despite its popularity, the one thing Twilight never had was cross-over appeal.

And before anyone says anything, I only compare the two because they are the two most recent young adult book phenomenons-turned-movies. Otherwise, they don't seem remotely similar.

We've already seen most of those charcters on the big screen before by the way.

Yes that's true. But that's still quite alot of characters in one summer. We're in luck.

Yes that's true. But that's still quite alot of characters in one summer. We're in luck.
It's true. Just think if MoS had come out at the end of the year like originally planned. Then we'd have Spidey, The Avengers, Batman, and Superman all in the same year. I don't think there could even be a bigger year for superheroes ever again. But as is, I still think this is the biggest one yet. Summer 2011's got nothing on this. It's glorious. :woot:

And I believe the fantastic four reboot was once scheduled for this summer. Imagine all of those characters. Wow

And I believe the fantastic four reboot was once scheduled for this summer. Imagine all of those characters. Wow

Is that still even happening? How much time does Fox have before those rights revert back to Marvel?

I think they're searching for a director. As long as they're making progress the
Rights will not revert to marvel

I think they're searching for a director. As long as they're making progress the
Rights will not revert to marvel

But they can't just retain the rights by keeping these films in perpetual pre-production, right? There has to be come stipulation that states actual movies have to be released as some point...

I'm not sure. But most likely. They have a daredevil film in the works also. With a director. I imagine they have a time limit to get it really going

I'm not sure. But most likely. They have a daredevil film in the works also. With a director. I imagine they have a time limit to get it really going

Really? I've heard they were rebooting the franchise and trying to get it off the floor again, but I didn't realise they already have a Director (which probably means a writer as well)

As a fan of the original Dark Shadows this new movie looks HORRENDOUS but I have no perspective on how the GA will percieve it. My gut instinct though is that even if I was not a fan of the original this would still look horrendous.

I think the movie is obviously selling on the name recognition of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. It might or might not be a good movie but people will flock to it because of their collaborations in the past. But I don't think it will be a serious competition to The Avengers.

But will it unseat it from the number one spot?

But will it unseat it from the number one spot?

Dunno, but it will be an important battle to watch. If Avengers gets bumped off by DS after one week, everyone will have to knock 200-300 mil off their predictions, srsly.

I'm gonna say it's not very *likely* that Depp and Burton have enough goth power to fight the Avengers. I sure as hell hope not, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"