The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that a new commercial for The Avengers during The Secret Circle ? It was new to me

A 45-second spot for The Avengers in IMAX 3D, featuring Robert Downey Jr. I don't think I've ever seen a star talk directly to the public in an ad for a movie before.

[YT]X2P-8yp3jsQ[/YT]

A 45-second spot for The Avengers in IMAX 3D, featuring Robert Downey Jr. I don't think I've ever seen a star talk directly to the public in an ad for a movie before.

[YT]X2P-8yp3jsQ[/YT]

That's dope, using RDJ to give a personal statement like that. Love the whole its a big movie needs a big screen push. Marvel wants that extra Imax dough to boost the opening weekend numbers. Good plan haha:woot:

Hr2zL.gif

Mjölnir;23060431 said:
Ah, that's a shame. Having to wait in line when you already have tickets seems like time that could be better spent on other things.
Yeah, I definitely prefer assigned seating when I can find it. It's just a rarity here, but I think it's become more and more common in recent years, so maybe some day it will be the standard.

Yeah, I definitely prefer assigned seating when I can find it. It's just a rarity here, but I think it's become more and more common in recent years, so maybe some day it will be the standard.

The Imax down in St. Pete does assigned seating for the shows and that's the only one I know of around me. They hardly ever sell out though so if you want a different seat you can just move around which is nice. I was planning on going down there to catch the movie but hopefully it will be packed. Gonna call them tomorrow to see if they are doing a midnight showing and hopefully catch that

Anyone wanna start a thread for people who have to wait till may 4th?

It's supposed to be this one.

It doesn't come out in the states til the 4th so I'll be seeing it sometime that weekend.

It's supposed to be this one.

we dont want the speculating to end...
i remember the time when a new tv spot was shown everyone would go nuts over it, wanting to see it and now when i get uber excted for a tv spot everyone around the boards has already seen the movie.....

I think these massive event movies should just be opened simultaneously worldwide. If it's a lesser flick I don't give a **** who gets it first.

What time are you guys going to your theaters for the midnight? Talked my friend into us arriving there between 10 and 10:30. I figure an hour to an hour and thirty minutes is a good wait. Earliest I've ever gone. And yes, as RDJ suggested - it's in IMAX. So everyone will likely be going to one theater rather than it being divided into several.

we dont want the speculating to end...
i remember the time when a new tv spot was shown everyone would go nuts over it, wanting to see it and now when i get uber excted for a tv spot everyone around the boards has already seen the movie.....
I've seen the movie and I still get excited by the TV spots, lol.

What time are you guys going to your theaters for the midnight? Talked my friend into us arriving there between 10 and 10:30. I figure an hour to an hour and thirty minutes is a good wait. Earliest I've ever gone. And yes, as RDJ suggested - it's in IMAX. So everyone will likely be going to one theater rather than it being divided into several.

for the first Ironman, and thor i went an hour early and got good but not great seats (it was friday night not midnight) for IM2(midnight) i went an hour early and got ok seats, for cap i got to see advance screenings, luckily my ticket is reserved seating for the avengers so i plan to start my marvel marathon at home and right after i finish cap at around 11:30 i just go in to midnight screenings...
speakin of IMAX, my ticket that i bought is XD-3D
is that the same as IMAX right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member