Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE-FLASH-First-Image.jpg
Looks fine. As far as the comic version they pretty much nailed it.

If it was me I'd trade all the chin gear for more of a nose guard, it worked for the previous TV version, and maybe add clear lenses. But that's just me I'd want that for the comic version too.
1zftsw0.jpg

....also would tilt the earpiece, but it looks great!
I'm fine with the colors, curious about the rest.

5ydbtf.jpg

Last edited:
The chin guard can actually serve two practical purposes.
1. It helps to further obscure his identity.
2. It keeps the cowl from flying off (or getting ripped off).

That would make him look more like Batman. I would only make the top of the lightning bolt a little longer. Everything else is good.

I love everything about it and how cinematic it looks. Can't wait to see a full shot and especially see it in action. #Hype :up:

The jacket possibility does kinda disappoint me, will wait to see how it looks though.
Same here, I will be dissapointed if it's a Smallville-esque jacket as well. But let's wait and see :)

My first impression is this looks great! Man DC! I wish DC did more things with their characters because they are awesome, but when they do get something, it's usually out of the park! Well done!

Other than the wings being replaced by the chest insignia.....I like it.
Looks great.

Same here, I will be dissapointed if it's a Smallville-esque jacket as well. But let's wait and see :)

My first impression is this looks great! Man DC! I wish DC did more things with their characters because they are awesome, but when they do get something, it's usually out of the park! Well done!

Now that I look at it again the collar doesn't look quite right for a jacket, I think it's just what Lencho said, a collar that's there to allow the mask to be separate and allow better head movement.

Considering that they've already specifically said that it WON'T be a jacket, and that he WILL have his classic CB costume (or a variation of it) the fact that people keep bringing it up is puzzling to me. That doesn't look like a jacket to me, it just looks like a collar. Maybe the mask and the costume are separate pieces and he can take one of while leaving the other on.

That head piece looks great. I'm definitely worried by the look of that collar though and the fact that they only did show the head, perhaps to get comic fans like they are now praising the one part of the suit that's taken from the comics...

I wonder if the body-suit is leather Affleck-Daredevil-ish. I kinda think Flash as a constant runner sorta should have the TASM2-Spidey/Olympic-runner fabric body-suit.

The cowl looks great, I would have preferred the traditional ear wings, but it's not a big deal.

I suspect that he may be wearing a red jacket ? Like the one they designed for Smallville, I hope that it is nothing like that.

5530350193_b01eb37dd0_m.jpg

The cowl looks great, I would have preferred the traditional ear wings, but it's not a big deal.

I suspect that he may be wearing a red jacket ? Like the one they designed for Smallville, I hope that it is nothing like that.

5530350193_b01eb37dd0_m.jpg

Agreed...I mean Oliver already has that Leather Jacket thing going on for his outfit. I want Barry's suit to be different from Oliver's. I guess it helps though that unlike GA, The Flash actually has an insignia to place on his chest.

The cowl looks awesome. By the look of the collar, I'm guessing the body suit is padded.

I hope the whole costume uses different materials.

Maybe the suit has some parts that are leather.

Given on how the flash is known to supposedly have a better personality than Oliver Queen, and of course, has powers as well, do you guys think that the show will portray the Flash as being a better hero for his respective city, leaving a bigger impact on both the city and in the overall world?

I'm thinking the costume will be evocative of a racecar driver.

My first impression of the collar was that they would somehow adopt the Injustice shoulder pads. I used to hate that until I realized that football players can still run around wearing all that padding.

Given on how the flash is known to supposedly have a better personality than Oliver Queen, and of course, has powers as well, do you guys think that the show will portray the Flash as being a better hero for his respective city, leaving a bigger impact on both the city and in the overall world?
Well they're going to start him out as a hero and a symbol of hope, instead of a vigilante that a lot of the public fears like Arrow. So it's inherently different concepts.

Well they're going to start him out as a hero and a symbol of hope, instead of a vigilante that a lot of the public fears like Arrow. So it's inherently different concepts.

True; heck, let's look at the obvious difference in comparisons...

Green-Arrow-CW-Amell-e1337020326938.jpg
bwhu.jpg

Heck, if we were to compare these two photos without actually having seen a single episode of either Arrow and Flash, you could still get the impression on how it looks like Oliver, aka Green Arrow, appears as more of a reluctant hero who doesn't want to really embrace his heroic side at first...whereas Barry, as the Flash, embraces the idea that he can be a hero for other people with his new found abilities.

Better personality? He is certainly more upbeat. I think they're going to get into who killed his father first. He's going to be more of a detective using science to solve crime mysteries. Maybe later he'll be more of a full on protector of the city.

I'm really looking forward to seeing The Rogues.

Well, unless they really modify and change his character, I don't think he'll be presented as the more flawed person that Oliver is, especially when it comes to handling relationships.

Well that just looks all kinds of awesome. I do miss the bright red, though, so hopefully that comes in during a later season.

What happened to Kevin Smith guy ?

He was here frequently to post on anything related to Flash and now he has disappeared when thy reveal the cowl ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"