I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

What I really hope for in the Reeves Batman series is that we don't truly say goodbye to the villains in the previous films.

Like I hope that we see Riddler and Penguin at least in some capacity in the future films and so on.

Not even major roles, just even cameos. It'd help keep things feeling connected, which seems to be a goal in this series.

I look back on a lot of comic book films/shows recently and I'll give two examples - Spider-Man and The Punisher. Two of my favourites.

Spider-Man (Tom Holland) took 6 films to get to where we finally see him as the "Spider-Man we all know and love". As in broke, has his core values, self reliant and with the classic costume. And no continuation in sight sadly.

Same with Jon Berenthal's Punisher. At the end of his Netflix series, it ends with him finally being the Punisher we all know and love. He's not trying to find a way to quit anymore and he's just doing his thing.

Both these runs of the characters ended where I was hoping their versions would begin.

The prolonged origin when we really should be getting compelling stories set when these characters are in their prime.

I guess my worry with the Reeves Batman is that his series will end the same way - with his Batman finally formed, with a top of the line Batcave, the Bruce persona, fuller values, etc.

When I'd love to see THAT version get its own run.

I look back on a lot of comic book films/shows recently and I'll give two examples - Spider-Man and The Punisher. Two of my favourites.

Spider-Man (Tom Holland) took 6 films to get to where we finally see him as the "Spider-Man we all know and love". As in broke, has his core values, self reliant and with the classic costume. And no continuation in sight sadly.

Same with Jon Berenthal's Punisher. At the end of his Netflix series, it ends with him finally being the Punisher we all know and love. He's not trying to find a way to quit anymore and he's just doing his thing.

Both these runs of the characters ended where I was hoping their versions would begin.

The prolonged origin when we really should be getting compelling stories set when these characters are in their prime.

I guess my worry with the Reeves Batman is that his series will end the same way - with his Batman finally formed, with a top of the line Batcave, the Bruce persona, fuller values, etc.

When I'd love to see THAT version get its own run.

I think that is what we are going to get with the Brave In The Bold movie. The more seasoned, full on Batman.

Reeves take is more Long Halloween (younger angrier Batman who fights crime families in a long saga).

I think that is what we are going to get with the Brave In The Bold movie. The more seasoned, full on Batman.

Reeves take is more Long Halloween (younger angrier Batman who fights crime families in a long saga).

I'm sure you're right that's where they'll head for that film.

Someday though, I'd love for a Batman film or a trilogy that features that kind of Batman.

Plus, since Reeves is sticking to the crime noir aspects... what better crime to investigate than the murder of the Grayson's?

Dark Victory emotions, meets Robin's Reckoning arc, with a bigger picture of Gotham spiraling out post-Riddler w/ Joker acquiring another 'friend' to lead into Part III.

All hinged on Bruce accepting his new path, being a father, accepting to re-do his own past with creating a future for Dick.

205642.gif
Reeves' really going with that Godfather inspiration with the title. :D

Taking the “Part II” of it all and the first post into account, I wonder if we could get some sort of parallel ‘past and present’ story arcs, ala “Godfather, Part II”. Bruce Wayne in present day trying to figure out his new role as a benevolent benefactor to the people of Gotham and him taking on a sort of father figure role, “adopting”/raising this newly orphaned boy. The past stuff revolving around his father in his early years learning to become his best self and trying to help those around him, while raising his family and seeing what life was like with Bruce before it came crashing down. The past stuff would feed into the present day stuff, with Bruce trying to learn from his father and his father’s mistakes, in order to be the best version of himself .

I could almost see it going like a reverse Michael Corleone arc. Instead of becoming more corrupt, cold and distant to those around him as the films progress, he becomes more of a warm, gentle human being who develops close, intimate relationships with his city and his new “family”.

For now The Batman will be a Trilogy like Nolan Movies but unlike Nolan The Batman can be expanded more between the Movies with TV Shows or Comics i think this is nice but honestly Pattinson Batman days were numbered since the new Reboot was announced i think Warner wants the New DCEU Batman of the Reboot to be seen as the "definitive"Batman and not Pattinson Version but i think both Versions could Co Exist well but who knows if that would confuse the General Audience i think Elseworlds is something that is part of the DC Universe

Last edited:
Honestly, I’m not that upset if Pattinsons Batman doesn’t last a long time and if they try to push the shared universe Batman.
I would rather this series be a small collection of really strong films/tv shows than let it drag on and risk hurting the quality.
Pattinson is easily in my top 3 favourite Batmen (along with Keaton and Bale). Keep this series tight like the Nolan trilogy. Im really glad this isn’t part or the shared universe, tbh.

Do we want to see parts of Gotham flooded, or would people prefer if that’s resolved during the Penguin series?

I’m split at the moment. I don’t want a huge time-jump but maybe a year or so if we’re avoiding flooding. That would give the necessary time for Batman to improve his gadgetry/arsenal/cave/suit, etc. Again, hopefully nothing drastic, just refinements/streamlining

Do we want to see parts of Gotham flooded, or would people prefer if that’s resolved during the Penguin series?

I’m split at the moment. I don’t want a huge time-jump but maybe a year or so if we’re avoiding flooding. That would give the necessary time for Batman to improve his gadgetry/arsenal/cave/suit, etc. Again, hopefully nothing drastic, just refinements/streamlining
Well, the show starts '5 minutes after The Batman' per Colin.

I'm guessing it will get worse.

Oh ****, just made we desire a batboat in line with his car...

ecpr17_blackdiamond.jpg

...with some Miami Vice (film) vibes.

I mean...it is a tradition to debut a new Bat-vehicle with every film. Not a single film in the franchise hasn't. We haven't had an aquatic vehicle since 1995, I think we're due.

It's amazing Gotham wasn't flooded since the first shot of The Batman, given how it's constantly raining.

What are your guesses for the time span of the Penguin series?

If the show and the sequel take place in more of a condensed timeline, i.e., we’re only in year 3 or 4, there might not be enough time for the villains to become the classic versions of their characters. (unless there is a significant time jump for the third movie). Would you be ok with that?

Bruce Wayne's 'The Batman' Project | Timeline

Year 1

October '20 - October '21

Year 2
October '21 - October '22

Year 3
October '22 - October '23
The Batman | October 31st - November 5th
The Penguin | November xx - (Spring'23)
Year 4
October '23 - October '24
GCPD/Arkham | (Fall '23) - (Spring '24)
*placeholder tv show | (Fall '24) - (Spring '25)
Year 5
October '24 - October '25
The Batman - Part II | (Winter '25)
....it'd be fun that we see his journey spread out over a few years.

Nolan's Batman technically only had 3ish years in the field as Batman, oddly.

Wait, didn't The Dark Knight take place months after Batman Begins and not years?

Wait, didn't The Dark Knight take place months after Batman Begins and not years?

Maybe 2ish makes more sense;

Year 1 | BB
...roughly a few months time
Year 2 | TDK - is shy of a week
...roughly one week
Joker says 'a year ago'

Batman is MIA for 8 years...
Year 10 | TDKRises
Batman is back for a few days // prison // fakes death​

With Godfather Part 2 being the apparent inspiration I wouldn't be surprised if there was a massive 6-7 year time jump or something to make this saga seem more "epic" in scope.

Also I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet that the flood is probably gonna get resolved fairly quickly in the Penguin show. Logistically I don't see how they'd even get around telling that story with the city being flooded the entire season. And I don't think the flood itself is as interesting as the aftermath; once they get all the water out it'll be a giant ****hole.

Do you think there’s also a strong possibility the Arkham show will come out before the sequel (assuming they like the scripts)?

It was announced in October 2022 that Antonio Campos was writing. He’d probably started writing before that date. If he finishes this year, is it likely they’re just going to sit on it for a year or two so it can come out in 2026 or 2027?

The timeline of those films is very ambiguous and up for interpretation, at times.

Joker's "Let's wind the clocks back a year" isn't saying that's when Batman first appeared - but it's just a mark of when he was finally turning things around and loosening the mob's power. Because at the time of the last film, the only one he took down was Falcone and that hurt Crane, not the mob.

Dent's campaign and election would've taken almost a year or longer, and in the dinner scene he says he's not up for election for 3 years. District Attorney's serve 4 years, so he's been the DA for over a year.

Plus he's been with Rachel long enough to propose, Bruce has had time to build an underground functioning bunker, and the city has cleaned up after the catastrophe of the last film.

I put The Dark Knight 2 years after Begins.

Plus, there's a book that released before Knight where it has journal entries from Bruce where he says he's been at it for 2 years. It's silly, but I count it.

Year 1 | BB
Year 2 | TDK - is shy of a week
...roughly one week
Joker says 'a year ago'

Batman is MIA for 8 years...
Year 10 | TDKRises
Batman is back for a few days // prison // fakes death​

I think you're close to the mark.

I'd say -

Year 1 | Batman Begins
Roughly a few months time...?
Year 2.5/3 | The Dark Knight
A few weeks...? A lot of the events in the film would take more than a few days, so I'm voting weeks.

Batman is not 'officially' seen in 8 years by police.

This is where I think a lot of people assume he quit that night.

A lot of us don't - because there's a lot more suggesting he quit much later (fully functioning cave up and running, young kids and the most vulnerable in Gotham knowing who he is (Jimmy who is 9 years old, at most) and hoping for his return (so they know he's good, so he must have done something to help them and earn their trust post-Dent's death), the Dent Act would've taken a good bit of time to pass and actually work and Batman likely would've aided rounding everyone up under Gordon's watch, all his injuries at the doctor's summary suggests a longer stint than 3 years, plus he didn't start the energy project until 4 years prior to the film.

The fact that he started it 4 years after Knight tells me he suddenly had more free time and wanted to keep helping in other ways.

Plus, Blake says "official" sightings (I.E. confirmed by authorities) - so there were likely unofficial ones.

The ambiguity of what happened between Knight and Rises as far as when he hung up the cape is what I love about it all. Lots of room for headcannon.

Year 11 | The Dark Knight Rises
A few months time.

I'd put Bale's Batman as active for 3-7 years, give or take. 3 from Begins through Knight, under the radar for 2-4 years off and on after. And then for a few months in Rises.

Definitely a shorter stint than many interpretations, but he did a lot in those years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"