The Batpod (Verdict after the trailer)

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by TheBat812, Dec 15, 2007.

?

Do you like the Batpod (after the new trailer footage)?

1. Hell yes, it's badass.

2. It's alright, but nothing special.

3. I can deal with it, but it still sucks.

4. Nolan? wtf were you thinking?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Visionary Registered

...or the black dude in the basement. :D

2. GPD Guest

im scared if the batpod comes out of the batmobile. :(

3. BatmanFanatic Registered

Be scared then. Be very scared...:whatever:

4. Sandouras Registered

You always fear what you dont understand!

5. Visionary Registered

And he always understands what he fears.

6. GoogleMe94 Registered

you can never see past the movies you dont understand.

7. Nightwing1977 Want to see my mask??

Interesting. I'm not fan of the idea, but I'm fine if they use good reason to explain & if it fit in with the story.

Make sense to me. It sound right why it call "Batpod" for something.

8. Conebone69 The Legend Ends

I agree. But wow im totally not diggin this whole batpod coming out from the tumbler thing. Why cant it just be its own seperate vehicle?! And the batpod coming out from the tumbler dosent even look like the batpod, looks like a bike. More and more facts that I dont like are coming up true. Im almost on the fence on how good TDK will be :csad:

9. Conebone69 The Legend Ends

Makes sense I guess... but "batpod?" Ok its a escape pod from the tumbler but please nolan dont call it the batpod! I'd rather it be refered to as the "escape pod" when lucius is telling bruce about it

10. Redd Black Widow

I dont care how the batpod comes to be. I just want to see a kick ass Batman movie.

11. Conebone69 The Legend Ends

What if it falls from the sky

12. Victarion Iron Captain

And lands near where Bruce and Rachel are making out bat-style?

13. dark_b Registered

but its impossible even for a batman & robin type of movie,its imposible for a 200% fantastic campy movie.

saying that the batpod comes out of the tumbler is like saying a ferrari will come out of a porche.

it just caaaaaaaaaaaaaaan not happen no matter if it is a summer blockbuster,batman movie,170 milion budget action movie.

its impossible.

14. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Yes, it's probably impossible (like alien robots that transform into cars). Nevertheless, why not enjoy it?

15. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Wait, wait. Have you seen the movie? Do you know how much of the plot the Batpod deal is going to occupy? Do you know for certain that more important aspects of storytelling will play 2nd fiddle to that?

Why do you find it impossible to just enjoy a gadget (if it doesn't steal time from the important aspects of the plot)? BR had a nice gadget in the Batmobile (the rocket) and it took no time from the main plot or the subplots. It even enhanced th danger that the Penguin posed and consequently Batman's wits.

16. dark_b Registered

this is not the same.

they were the main characters. before you start watching the movie you need to understand that this is what you gonna watch. a movie about alien roborts who transform into cars. plus the size of the robots made sense. plus they had parts from real cars.

nolan himself said that he wanted a high reality and that he wanted us that we belive that those things(every bat-equipment) could work.

17. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Fair enough. However, I'm going to utilize the overused but classic argument: Let's see how it works. It's thin and basic enough to be a part of the Tumbler, plus perhaps we'll see the differences in the TDK Tumbler in the beginning of the film, and we'll be prepared for the Pod.

18. dark_b Registered

if its a new tumbler(which it 100% isnt) then i would be ok with it.

plus the tires of the batpod are not like the tumblers.

so 8 tires in the tumbler?

19. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

You mean 6, right?

Perhaps it's not a new Tumbler on the outside of things. The changes I was referring too would be visible to the viewer in the "cockpit".

Whatever the case, I really don't care if it's believable or not. I've said it before, it's not the realism that draws me to the Nolanverse. As long as it doesn't insult my intelligence a lot I'm all for a little coolness.

20. BatmanFanatic Registered

Yah, okay well personally I don't care. It's the boys that are all about the toys. I already think the tumbler looks butt ugly, and Batman using any other vehicle instead, whether it comes out of the tumbler or from an alien planet is fine by me. I just find it funny how many people are in denial, which is why I brought it up. So many people just can't believe that "Nolans reality" would crack like that. Well, I never bought into that dog and pony show, so this comes as no surprise.

What I care about and want to see is a good story with great character relationships. If they want to have a cheap gimmick to sell toys in the middle of the action sequence, I'll just sit there and eat my popcorn and listen to all the little kids cheer.

21. jezza Registered

Has anyone thought that maybe Bruce has put a good deal of money into building new equipment for him to use as Batman? and as a result they have re-designed the Tumbler to include a seperate vehicle and new weapons?

22. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Sure. Batman has to be an action film, too, and in action, directors try and do new stuff just for the heck of it. Which, imo, is the way it should be, as long as you don't overdo it (see B&R or Die Another Day).

23. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Actually, that's the exact way I see it for the TDK Tumbler.

24. BatmanFanatic Registered

Sure thats possible. But however they explain it, that bike is definitely coming out of that tank!

25. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

I find that insulting to the actual mature fans that find the Batpod appealing.

And I don't find it "cheap or "gimmick". Batman has always used a Bat-Cycle in every kind of media that he has been portrayed in.

The use of this Bat-pod is only sticking to that.