The Dark Knight The Batpod (Verdict after the trailer)

^^ That has Freezemobile written all over it...

Batpod verdict after the trailer: Hell F***ing Yes!!!

^^ That has Freezemobile written all over it...

Ha ha!! I wish I thought of that. But you're right, it does look like something Mr. Freeze would ride with the silver look & blue light on it. Just like his suit. :hehe:

Any chance that the Batpod is actually part of the Tumbler,like an escape pod if the Tumbler gets destroyed?

EggDoll.jpg

So the rumor is the Batpod emerges from the Tumbler ... possibly during a huge action sequence where the Joker in the back of a semi totals the Tumbler with a rocket launcher.

Your thoughts - Matryoshka doll Batpod way cool, or completely lame?

Lame. And hopefully untrue. I'd be willing to bet it's not true.

You think nothing of the suspiciously similar tires then?

I do not. It is developed by the same guy. Probably made from similar parts. Whatever reason the Tumbler needed such tires, (perhaps the thickness and strength) the Batpod would also need similar tires.

Well, here's another thing. It would be HUGE "action-candy" for the average movie goer, a big talking and selling point for the ticket price. I can just heard it now... "DUDE! YOU GOTTA CHECK OUT THE SCENE WHERE THE TUMBLER TOTALLY GETS F***ED UP MAN! AND THEN YOU TOTALLY THINK BATMAN HAS STUFFED IT AND HERE HE COMES ON THAT BAD - ASS BIKE!"

And it would also be a nod to BR where the Batmobile basically stripped down to a "bat-rocket" in order to get through that tiny gap between buildings.

Not saying it's my favorite idea, I just can see why they would do it.

I love the Matryoshka iea, but I thought it was established that this is what's gonna happen.

Oh yes... you know where this is going....

_AUTOIMAGES_MTM1113lg.jpg

That's right. It's TRUE!

Actually, many already believed that (or liked it, even). It's just that the particular day you created the thread, those were not posting here.

Actually, many already believed that (or liked it, even). It's just that the particular day you created the thread, those were not posting here.

Ah, okay. Well lets see what happens when everyone else wakes up and comes on to post =) I'm off to sleep.

The toy already came out? Lol, nice.

I can just imagine how badass the scene would be.

See? Told ya.
what did you told us?
that the batpod comes out of the tunbler?

so what ? :oyou didnt know 100% if it was true.

the ones who said that it is not true said this because its 100% stupid,unrealistic and it makes no sense .

there is no way that this is in the tumbler so why make it ? because they are stupid.

what did you told us?
that the batpod comes out of the tunbler?

so what ? :oyou didnt know 100% if it was true.

Eh? Relax a bit.
The "told ya" was going to BatmanFanatic, because she said there was no way I had said that I liked (and that I believed it was true) the idea of the Batpod coming out of the Tumbler.
Having a bad mood today?

It'll be interesting to see how they implement the Batpod into the Tumbler, if that toy design stays true to form in the movie as well.

One of the biggest reasons why no one bought the theory that the 2 were together, was because it was clearly impossible for the batpod to be anywhere inside that vehicle. One only needs to look at BB and the concept designs to see why.

One of the biggest reasons why no one bought the theory that the 2 were together, was because it was clearly impossible for the batpod to be anywhere inside that vehicle. One only needs to look at BB and the concept designs to see why.
That is my reasoning for not believing that the Bpod comes out of the Tumbler like an escape pod.

It can't work. not with the Tumbler we saw in BB

Maybe he modified it between BB and TDK.

Oh yes... you know where this is going....

_AUTOIMAGES_MTM1113lg.jpg

That's right. It's TRUE!
Hmmm.

Well, I've never been a fan of the idea. I'm still not. Nolan's going to have to make that whole scene work really well for me to be convinced that it was a good idea to go there.

Precisely.

First of all, this pic could be shopped. Just saying....

But most importantly, it could be just a toy. Like the batmobile toy that transforms into a batman robot. Maybe they just trying to hit the transformers toys and generally sell to kids. I cant see how this could happen and not be ridiculous. Nolan is gonna be lynched!

But this pic combined with the rumors from long ago make it a strong possibility.
And I doubt anybody's gonna make a big deal outside this (and other similar) community.
A good and simultaneously bad thing with Nolan's direction is that he doesn't make a big deal of "wow" moments. So, I don't think it'll have much gravity inside the movie. Which is potentially bad for those who like it.

It seems unlikely, but it's possible that it's an escape "pod" of sorts, hence the term "Batpod". Think about it: Batman has that forward-slung driving position in the Tumbler in BATMAN BEGINS. Maybe this is why, and it wasn't just for the "cool factor". Maybe the wheels "transform" or something, a la what happened with the Batmobile when it became the Batmissle in BATMAN RETURNS. It's possible that when The Joker blows up The Batmobile, Batman escapes by a hair before the Tumbler blows up, and a chase of some sort ensues.

I think Batman just builds his pod from the tumbler leftovers. After the tumbler explodes he takes the remaining parts, saves what can be saved and just builds it. I don't think it emerges from the tumbler.

Here we go again... people saying its not possible (or shouldn't be possible) because of production designs of the Tumbler, and reality, and blah blah blah and thats their argument. Well the "reality" is that $160 million summer blockbusters and comic book movies ARE NOT REALISTIC.

I don't care who's directing.
I dont' care what they say they're trying to do.
I don't care how little sense it makes.

This is the kind of stuff that runs Hollywood. PLOTS THAT SELL TOYS.

Yes it's sad for the purists, yes it's stupid and gimmicky and lame and a cop out for marketing purposes, but that's just how it is. Everyone sells out when the film budget gets high enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"