The Dark Knight The Batpod (Verdict after the trailer)

Okay good now I know I'm not going crazy it actually does turn sideways. That is some nifty mechanical job there man. The guys who worked on that thing must have damn near had a heart attack when Nolan told them "I want the front wheel to spin sideways".

When the front wheel turns sideways like a screw, shouldnt the guns be scraping on the ground, how does it keep moving ?

It looks like they're tumbling sideways then it comes to a complete stop. Who knows what the casing for those machine guns are made out of. I wonder what kind of rounds are flying out of those things I'd think 7.62 and up maybe even cannon rounds the way hes blasting through things.

Depleted uranium, obviously.

EDIT: Just watched the sequence frame-by-frame. It's physically impossible for something like that to go sideways, especially so soon, after a narrow corridor like the alleyway he shoots out of.

Depleted uranium, obviously.

EDIT: Just watched the sequence frame-by-frame. It's physically impossible for something like that to go sideways, especially so soon, after a narrow corridor like the alleyway he shoots out of.
Yeah I'm still :huh: over how it could possibly do that. Even if the gun casings were strong enough, it would produce a rather annoying bumping movement every time it hit the ground.

I guess we'll find out once we watch the movie...

It seems to be impossible the way its moving like that, i cant see how its moving that way ?

But it is lol. I mean thats exactly what its doing, technical marvel I guess.

Yeah I'm still :huh: over how it could possibly do that. Even if the gun casings were strong enough, it would produce a rather annoying bumping movement every time it hit the ground.

I guess we'll find out once we watch the movie...

exactly, but it seems they actually roll like that.... well, for the guy complaining of too much resalism, here he has more imagery in the pod's engineering... lol

Yeah, I'm thinking that the point at which it spins sideways is at that tube/shaft (Red Arrow) and everything in front of that rotates at that point (Blue Area).

Still, that odd sideways rotation has gotta scratch up those guns when they hit the ground.
Eh ... Bruce can afford it.

you've got it right. everything in the blue area can rotate....so to answer an earlier question, the guns DO scrape the ground as he moves sideways like that.

i can't imagine how hard it would be to successfully and safely pull that maneuver off.

you've got it right. everything in the blue area can rotate....so to answer an earlier question, the guns DO scrape the ground as he moves sideways like that.

i can't imagine how hard it would be to successfully and safely pull that maneuver off.
I also don't recall the Batpod going bumpity-bumpity-bumpity in that one clip of him moving sideways either.

Well, if the wheel rotated at an obnoxiously high rate, I could imagine that only the wheel ever hits the ground.

What bothers me more is how he shoots out of an alley and does a 90 degree turn. For this to happen, one or two wheels would technically have to angle sideways, but they're both already ROTATING in one direction.

I also don't recall the Batpod going bumpity-bumpity-bumpity in that one clip of him moving sideways either.

well, if you rewatch it, his headlights spin counter clockwise. the guns on the sides would have to be scraping the ground in order to achieve that effect. the wheel and guns are shaped in a way that wouldn't make the batpod bounce or clunk too much. you can't hear it because they obviously didn't include it in the sound effects. it would have probably still sounded cool though.

What bothers me more is how he shoots out of an alley and does a 90 degree turn. For this to happen, one or two wheels would technically have to angle sideways, but they're both already ROTATING in one direction.
when he very first clears the rubble, you can see that he's in the middle of a turn. he's angled, but it isn't until he gets in the clear that he's fully moving sideways. probably what the stuntman had to do is a sideways drift while the front wheel rotates.

Just to let you know...the Toyota Formula 1 cars will be decked with The Dark Knight Colors and the drivers' fire suits...also the Batmobile and Batpod are doing a Lap on the Silverstone Circuit along with the Toyota F1 cars

the batpod def rolls on its own guns during that scene, just doesn't make that any noise from the clanking

also it looks like the guns have a shock system (similar to the shocks in your car) along the y axis so perhaps that cushions it when it rolls on itself

If so, the idea is simply inane. Would a surface designed to be rolled on have a headlight compartment as its outermost part?

however it works, it's one of the most beautiful pieces of machinery to be captured on video.

It's confirmed that the Bat-Pod DOESN'T shoot out of the tumbler right?

If so, the idea is simply inane. Would a surface designed to be rolled on have a headlight compartment as its outermost part?
Cause it looks cool. :hehe:

It probably isn't something he'll be doing very much, but it allows him to make sudden stops if need be. Probably a safety mechanism.

The new shots of the tv spots that show the batpod are amazing. Cant wait to see it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"