The Brand New And Improved "Heroes vs. Villains: Marvel" RPG OOC/Sign-Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to cut loose people. Just be sure you're giving Chthon the respect he deserves.

Hey guys! I'm just posting to say I won't be around for a week. I'm off to San Diego!

I'd hoped to have this fight wrapped up by now, but feel free to just bunny Loki and Cap until the fight is over, then have them go off on their seperate ways, writing them out until I return.

I'll miss you guys. :(

Sorry I missed the cue for the Hulk to wail on Chthon. My bad. :O
Writing an IC post now.

Its cool man. Hope you don't mind me bunnying the Hulk and having Chthon hurt him too.

Way I figure it this fight can't go much longer before we put dude down and with the Hulk being such a heavy weight, and having such a world class healing factor, he's the best candidate to take a good licking.

It's all good. :up:
Hell, if you ever read my character in the Create-A-Hero RPG here, you'll see that I definitely don't shy away from skinning my characters, burning them alive, chopping off their limbs, and hopefully someday putting him through a woodchipper (I'm still trying to come up with a plot involving that last one), and then watching it all grow back safe and sound. :heart:

Haha! Good stuff Spike.

On another note, I am absolutely in love with Spidey's Hawkeye right now.

What a bad@$$ Mofo!

Many thanks. No way Hawkeye would be able to fight this guy directly, so just trying to do my best with what other weapons I have. Namely his mouth and his mind.

MARVEL RPG SEASON VII Application For New Players
Screen Name: Optikal

Character you would like to play: Apocalypse / En Sabah Nur

Powers:
* Self-manipulation
* Immortality
* Superhuman strength, speed, agility, endurance, reflexes, and durability
* Teleportation
* Flight
* Energy manipulation
* Technopathy
* Healing factor
* Psionic powers
* Genius-level intelligence
* Access to Celestial technology

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1. I like Apocalypse

2. I love the X-Men

3. I wanna bring the PAIN!

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: In this sentence I will say that I can bring my septic tonsils. Whilst in this one, I can give enthusiasm, respect and a tiny sprinkling of something a bit like writing talent.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: 14.7

Please provide a sample post in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least 1 line of dialogue):

-Afghanistan. 15 miles southwest of Kabul-

Tariq Al Hassa had always been a simple man. His life devoted to his wife, his young son and his small flock of goats. For weeks he had heard tales of men disappearing into the steppes and not returning. Tales of women and children being abducted by demons from the mountain. Tariq had paid the rumours little attention, certain that such creatures did not exist. Now, as he was led dragged up a narrow trail by a cloaked captor, he knew that his point of view was about to be changed.

Tariq struggled and fought to little avail. Although the man under the cloak was obviously slender, he had a strength and a presence that Tariq knew he could not resist. They came to the mouth of a small cave and his silent captor dragged the shepard to his feet.

As he was pushed forcefully into the small cave he found himself being repulsed by the stench more than anything. The cave oozed the thick, stomach-churning scent of blood and gore and death. Tariq turned and tried to run, panicked and disgusted in equal measure But the cloaked captor hit him with a hard slap across the face. Tariq felt the blow and thought he had been struck with a rock. As soon as the thought popped into his head though, he was hitting the dirt and slipping into unconciousness.

He awoke much later and found himself laid upon a stone floor, completely naked and bound with his hands behind his back. Next to him was a pit, dug into the earth and filled with blood and gore. Across the cave Tariq saw bodies piled high. Men, women, children and livestock. Decomposing and rancid. He cried out and shrank back from the pit, his heart pounding within his chest. He could make out the entrance of the cave and knew that night time had fallen, before noticing a long black cloak hung upon a near wall.

Tariq struggled to his feet and backed away from the pit, he turned and stood in front of him was a tall statue of an arab man. Stunned, Tariq gasped and stepped back. As he did so, the statue moved forward. and gripped Tariq by the shoulder. The opposite hand rose and slammed a long silver bladed dagger into Tariqs lower belly. Tariq screamed out as the dagger drew up his body, slicing clean through his breast bone. His blood and organs fell from him as he collapsed to his knees. Then he fell back, toppling into the pool of gore.

The last thing Tariq saw through the crimson murk was the statue man, looking down at him and smiling.

It had been an hour since Ozymandias had sarificed the last man. He had watched with mild interest as the light had faded from his victims eyes. Now though, he was about to initiate the final stage of his plan. From a canvas satchel he pulled forth a small glass vial, half the length of his thumb and filled to the brim with blood. He held it up in the dancing light of the torches on the wall and nodded to himself. Reverentially he moved to the pool and emptied the vial into the pool.

"Tonight, my research will prove successful and with the blood of The First, the Eternal One shall rise", he whispered to no one in particular.

Below him the pool bubbled, the techno-virus embedded within the cells of the vial setting to work. Within a few minutes the bubbling and sloshing ceased and everything went still. Ozymandias held his breath and considered risking a glance into the vat.

Before he could, the gore sloshed and parted as The Eternal One rose. Bathed in the flickering light of the torches and dripping in the blood of the innocent the figure smiled.

Ozymandias swept into a low bow, before the man. "My Lord, Apocalypse, you are returned to the living".

Apocalypse cast his gaze around his surroundings before resting it upon the stone man. "Yes my servant, But I sense great unrest. Their is much confusion in the world. The strong and the weak are merging, the future is changing, the horror is unsettling the balance. And know I awake and by my hand, the balance shall be restored".

747360-apocalypse2_super.jpg

Yeah.

I'm gonna get a Thor post up today though. Sabes is gonna take some time on account of the fact that I've hit a bit of a writer's block.

And the X-Men are still waiting for someone who can end the scene that we're stuck on. I might highjack everything to move everything forward soon if a more suitable character doesn't. I hate leaving things hanging for so long.

Yeah.

I'm gonna get a Thor post up today though. Sabes is gonna take some time on account of the fact that I've hit a bit of a writer's block.

You're not the only one. I've been really lacking of late as posting as any character. I was going to make Tony do all these cool fighting things but they just didn't want to come out right.

And the X-Men are still waiting for someone who can end the scene that we're stuck on. I might highjack everything to move everything forward soon if a more suitable character doesn't. I hate leaving things hanging for so long.

I was but it was going to have most of the X-Men/ evil guys doing the dance to thriller and then Red Skull makes Cyclops him the duke of New York A number 1.

You can hijack Beast. I'm dropping him since everyone involved with the X-Men disappeared, not too much fun NPCing a whole team.

Yeah, I'll probably drop Lifeguard soon myself. I'm a bit busy right now and don't have time to really pick up something big, but I only picked her up to play out her reaction to Davis dying due to the bounty. That's been played out and I don't really have anything else for her to do beyond that. Not sure who I'll pick up though. I'll have to think about it. Maybe the Sentry. I left him in an interesting delima during my Madrox storyline.

Sorry about the complete lack of activity lately. Got a new Goblin post up, so hopefully with the new direction he's taking, I'll be more likely to get back into the game.

It's been slow anyhow. The X-Men mostly finished the battle with the Skull and his henchmen save for Wolverine taking on Crossbones while the rest of them were in the blackbird but then no one's posted since, so it's been stuck for a while now. I'm probably going to go in here soon and do a Lifeguard post "1 week later" or something like that and just move on while explaining the ending of the fight. It was over anyhow.

Well the slowness can stop because there's a ****ing virus in New York city turning everyone into symbiote freaks. there's four horseman of the apocalypse hovering overhead and a huge shpynx spaceship carrying an immortal demi-god of a mutant wanting to cull life on earth!

Yeah, I noticed that :)

I'm wanting to get involved but I'm debating if I have the time just yet and if I"m going to drop Lifeguard for someone else or not.

I'm thinking maybe picking up one of the other X-Factor members I had join the team. Maybe Madrox again.

Okay... I got my newest Lifeguard post up wrapping up the X-Men/Red Skull plot and the beginning of my new story direction :)

Now me excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back