Civil War The Civil War "ANYTHING GOES" Thread - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK - NO SPOILER TAGS REQ.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admittedly, I haven't read a ton of Spider-Man comics, but I've never understood why Aunt May was always so old. Unless she is really his great aunt, she could range anywhere from 20-40 years older than him, making her (assuming he is 16) 56 at most and that is not really old lady granny age.

As far as Ant-Man, if Pym was going to side with either side, I'm betting he'd pick Cap over Tony. :) Who knows.

Aunt May being older was just to symbolize her "wholeness" gives her move of a good granny look. Definitely not in this version. She looks better than ever.

As for Ant-man, it was the Falcon that went to retrieve him, I think he was just glad to be considered. Plus he made the comment about not being afraid of being on the wrong side of the law.

Aunt May being older was just to symbolize her "wholeness" gives her move of a good granny look. Definitely not in this version. She looks better than ever.

As for Ant-man, it was the Falcon that went to retrieve him, I think he was just glad to be considered. Plus he made the comment about not being afraid of being on the wrong side of the law.

Falcon targeted Scott for the team but Hawkeye is the one who retrieved him. I think motivations for all the characters was well done, including how some were far more invented in it than others (with Scott and Peter on the low end of emotional, personal or political investment) and how this was shown not only in the dialog but in the fighting.

Admittedly, I haven't read a ton of Spider-Man comics, but I've never understood why Aunt May was always so old. Unless she is really his great aunt, she could range anywhere from 20-40 years older than him, making her (assuming he is 16) 56 at most and that is not really old lady granny age.
In the oldest TASM comics she was ancient at first but later they started drawing her younger. Readers noticed this, and Stan Lee (I guess it was him?) wrote that they initially wanted her to die soon, but it didn't work out. She's been getting prettier since then :woot:

Falcon targeted Scott for the team but Hawkeye is the one who retrieved him. I think motivations for all the characters was well done, including how some were far more invented in it than others (with Scott and Peter on the low end of emotional, personal or political investment) and how this was shown not only in the dialog but in the fighting.

Best line in the movie was "Whoa, you have a metal arm" considering what Spidey just did to see it.

Too many great lines in the fight scene let alone the movies to pick out just one. I loved Scott's Jiminy Cricket riff inside Tony, Falcon's there's usually less talk during fights and the Queens / Brooklyn exchange killed it in my NYC screening.

About Panther's accent:
There's a show i saw on HBO - Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency, which features characters from Botswana.
To me, Panther sounded like them.
Now, keep in mind, my ears are untrained. I haven't heard enough African accents for any significant amount of time to even make an educated guess on the actual influences of T'Challa's accent. Let's just say it's decidedly African and that Chadwick did a great job.

Yes, and in his few small scenes he's very good and the father/son bond is sod very well.

Ah cool. Glad to hear he's good in the role.

Was hoping for Hudson but given how small the role is it isn't really an issue. Can't wait to see this!

About Panther's accent:
There's a show i saw on HBO - Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency, which features characters from Botswana.
To me, Panther sounded like them.
Now, keep in mind, my ears are untrained. I haven't heard enough African accents for any significant amount of time to even make an educated guess on the actual influences of T'Challa's accent. Let's just say it's decidedly African and that Chadwick did a great job.

Ok, so after watching some clips from that show, despite it having Idris Elba(Sierra Leonean and Ghanian), David Oyelowo(Nigerian) and T'Chaka himself (John Kani) in it, they all employ easy to understand generic African accents as opposed to anything that distinctive to anyone African country. It's most certainly decidedly African and very easy to understand. If Boseman sounds like them then, fantastic! Just so long it's not like that crappy sounding noise that was coming out of Will Smith's mouth in Concussion.

Was it me or did anyone else think the Black Widow fights were really shaky cam in this movie maybe my only complaint

Damn, I still can't believe some of you have already seen this. 2 more weeks!

Ok, so after watching some clips from that show, despite it having Idris Elba(Sierra Leonean and Ghanian), David Oyelowo(Nigerian) and T'Chaka himself (John Kani) in it, they all employ easy to understand generic African accents as opposed to anything that distinctive to anyone African country. It's most certainly decidedly African and very easy to understand. If Boseman sounds like them then, fantastic! Just so long it's not like that crappy sounding noise that was coming out of Will Smith's mouth in Concussion.

Oh damn, I didn't realize T'Chaka was in that show, that's right! heheh
yes, easy to understand but decidedly African.

20 days for me still... I may cry... :(

hi friends. can I learn somethings about Spider-man? =)

Also, T'Chaka and T'Challa actually speak in their native tongue in one scene.
Someone from the continent will have to tell us if they're using an existing real world language or if what we heard was spoken wakandan

Can someone tell me what happened during the funny moments ant-man share with black Widow (and Scarlet Witch) please ? And How they fight each other ?

Also, T'Chaka and T'Challa actually speak in their native tongue in one scene.
Someone from the continent will have to tell us if they're using an existing real world language or if what we heard was spoken wakandan

Very interesting. Damn, I cant' wait to see this. I'm still surprised though that they just cast T'Chaka anyhow without any sort of build up.

Last edited:
They also have Alfre Woodward & Hope Davis in small parts - great actors doing very good work in small but important roles.

I'm just curious. For anyone who's seen the film do any of the character's themes return in the score, or is all new stuff? And overall how was the score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"