Dark Phoenix The Costumes of Dark Phoenix

S/he said it looks cheap, so the "receipts' doesn't quite matter. It'd be wortst if they spent a lot of money on that.

Anyway, I wonder how Lilandra and the Sh'iar will look like. I'm guessing they'll go as subtle as possible.

771d11f46948b09daf8d823a513eaa5b-970x545.jpg

I guess they'll go with an eye make up and a slightly different hairdo.

Let's be honest, Lilandra's hair in the comics couldn't be more ridiculous.

If she's Empress Lilandra I hope they give us the comic costume. Make her look regal and imposing.
Let's be honest, Lilandra's hair in the comics couldn't be more ridiculous.
They could make it a helmet instead.

The suits were ugly. I get the "cheap" description, though maybe moreso in design than the materials used. They're busy and blocky, with plastic looking armour pieces glued on. Cobbled together, they look more like an eccentric paint ball team than superheroes.

Cyclops looked pretty good though. I liked his costume well enough.

But that's "ugly".

I can understand "ugly" or "kind of silly" or even "cheesy".

Being busy and blocky is a design issue, not an issue of quality of the materials involved or the construction of said costumes. Though I think the complaints about these suits being blocky is really overreacting.

Why does any of this equal "cheap", though?

Cheap is pretty much always tied to either the financial aspects of something, or the quality of the materials involved.

What inherent qualities do these costumes have that make them "cheap"? Specifically.

But that's "ugly".

Being busy and blocky is a design issue, not an issue of quality of the materials involved or the construction of said costumes. Though I think the complaints about these suits being blocky is really overreacting.

Cheap is pretty much always tied to either the financial aspects of something, or the quality of the materials involved.

What inherent qualities do these costumes have that make them "cheap"? Specifically.

Because money is related to quality when you're talking about that. The best materials to use (the ones that will work and look good) will cost more. The work of the people that design, create and make great costumes in this industries will also cost more money.

It's the same with VFX. When we say the VFX of a movie looks "cheap" we're not talking about of the material specifically.

"It looks cheap" in this case equals "it doesn't look good". It looks like they couldn't afford the ones that make the best job.

S/he said it looks cheap, so the "receipts' doesn't quite matter. It'd be wortst if they spent a lot of money on that.

Anyway, I wonder how Lilandra and the Sh'iar will look like. I'm guessing they'll go as subtle as possible.

771d11f46948b09daf8d823a513eaa5b-970x545.jpg

I guess they'll go with an eye make up and a slightly different hairdo.
Im curious as to the look the go for the Lilandra/Shiar as well. I do hope they give us that eye makeup or something distinct enough to know they are an ancient bird like race. I kinda want the hair to lol, but if not do something with it in the armor.

If Marvel could pull that crazy thing that is on Hela's head. I don't see why Fox can't pull off the pine tree hair. Though seeing Domino's film look, I won't be shocked if its not comic accurate.

All I really see is a Pharaoh's headdress and there's certainly precedence for that.

But that's "ugly".

Come on, surely you're smarter than that?

I absolutely love the way Jean looks at the end of Apocalypse. It's a shame she looks so "bleh" throughout most of the movie. I really hope the hair, makeup, and costume people do her justice all the way through this time.

Lilandra like all Shi'Ar have plumes of feather, not hair!

Because money is related to quality when you're talking about that. The best materials to use (the ones that will work and look good) will cost more. The work of the people that design, create and make great costumes in this industries will also cost more money.

It's the same with VFX. When we say the VFX of a movie looks "cheap" we're not talking about of the material specifically.

"It looks cheap" in this case equals "it doesn't look good". It looks like they couldn't afford the ones that make the best job.

Couldn't afford based on what?

What I'm getting at here is that, barring some supporting information, the word "cheap" is being used incorrectly around here.

It has become a lazy catch-all to throw at something people don't like the appearance of.

I absolutely love the way Jean looks at the end of Apocalypse. It's a shame she looks so "bleh" throughout most of the movie. I really hope the hair, makeup, and costume people do her justice all the way through this time.

Sophie doesn't look that great with her hair pulled back.

Is Chastain the one that ate the pie in The Help? That was so epic.

Is she good in other films? Any recommendations?

Is Chastain the one that ate the pie in The Help? That was so epic.

Is she good in other films? Any recommendations?
No that was Dallas Bryce Howard in the Help, trust me I confuse the two as well because I though they were the same person. When I first heard Jessica Chastain was cast I was like the woman from Jurassic World which is Dallas.

that's true. The designs look good on paper but the materials used make them look cheap and bulky...

bae0fdacf1df08807bad35f3b9c7837a--apocalypse-costume-deadpool-wolverine.jpg

They do look actually great as design's.

Do not bring back whoever made the actual costumes. He/She SUCKS!

No that was Dallas Bryce Howard in the Help, trust me I confuse the two as well because I though they were the same person. When I first heard Jessica Chastain was cast I was like the woman from Jurassic World which is Dallas.

Howcan you not know the Queen that is Dallas Bryce Howard, the original Gwen Stacy!

Howcan you not know the Queen that is Dallas Bryce Howard, the original Gwen Stacy!
Idk honestly lol, I just always mixed up the two from Jurassic World and even for Dark Phoenix thinking it was the same person.

They should ask Marvel for help on bringing costumes to life. If you browse YT or google, you'll find a lot of entries on the issue they had adapting superhero outfits and not copy-pasting them. I think Apocalypse in general missed the mark, but Deadpool's x-Men outfits were superb!

^ exactly. and it's just some positive criticism, not meant as an insult or anything.

OH! Now I remember. Well isn't that the best blonde you ever met? I loved her.
She's a very good, versatile actress. I've been a fan since 2011. Plus she is sizzling.

Idk honestly lol, I just always mixed up the two from Jurassic World and even for Dark Phoenix thinking it was the same person.

Bryce is known for her blockbuster films.

While indie actress Jessica is known for her Oscar nominated performances.

It's very easy for me to separate the two of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"