Dark Phoenix The Costumes of Dark Phoenix

She's a very good, versatile actress. I've been a fan since 2011. Plus she is sizzling.

None of the above. An okay actress with only one expression. Unless you call hamming as versatile. Average looking at the best.

I think she is too old for this role.

Idk honestly lol, I just always mixed up the two from Jurassic World and even for Dark Phoenix thinking it was the same person.

for everyone who is still confused. Bryce Dallas Howard did a video about exactly this problem being confused for Jessica Chastain.

Probably one of funniest thing I ever saw in my life:

I'm NOT Jessica Chastain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipObSiFHpyY

"JESSICA CHASTAIN: The Musical (Bryce Dallas Howard)"

....even after the video, I'm still confused. lol

Last edited:
Its not hard to differentiate the two, they don't even look like each other.

DX4iYriVQAEG1jA.jpg

First look.

Where is Storm's cape, though. I get that its a "space mission" but if these are permanent suits for the film...

Where is Storm's cape, though. I get that its a "space mission" but if these are permanent suits for the film...

It might get CGI'd in in post.

Do you not like the suits? I'm guessing these are the ones that will be used in the boss fight at the end, with other individual suits used earlier in the film. Basically the same as almost every other X-Men film.

It might get CGI'd in in post.

Do you not like the suits? I'm guessing these are the ones that will be used in the boss fight at the end, with other individual suits used earlier in the film. Basically the same as almost every other X-Men film.
I do like them, I just don't like how Storm looks in general.

Also I doubt these are boss fight suits, as the EW spread confirm they wear these in the opening space mission of the film.

What I don't get is if they are space costumes, they should have look more space-ish. I mean like look at Star Trek Into Darkness, they had new costumse at the start of the film, which were only used in that part,but it looked appropriate for their mission and looked less plain compare to their usual sweater get up. Like what's so special about these costumes that they are the "space costumes" and that they have something else for Earth scenes?

If these are only one of several costumes that can only viewed as a good thing imo. I'm fine with anything besides black.

We had yellow and blue costumes in First Class which didn't look too samey. While Apocalypse teased individualized colorful costumes. Like if they wanted to use the black and yellow scheme again, they should have at least put more effort in the costumes instead having the same basic design for all 7 characters. Its the freaking 90s anyway, they could get away with bright gloves and boots.

I'm all for it. I like they've been actually going to the comics for the costume design. Most of the films shied away from it. The original trilogy had a cool design but you can barely see the details. First Class had a great callback to the original comic costumes. And Days of Future past had uninspired black costumes but ended with a great take on the classic 90's costumes. An these are a great mid-2000's design. I like seeing variety from film to film, something the MCU is pretty good about.

I betting these aren't the only costumes we'll see, I think they're just jumpsuits for this sequence with the astronauts.

Some of her comic book costumes didn't have a cape and I can't see that a cape would be a requirement for space travel, so I get why there isn't one here.

The big question is whether these are the only costumes.

I'm waiting happily for the Disney version to give us classic Storm with the wing-like cape and the head-dress (it's not a tiara as people keep saying on here lol!).

That gets my vote for the costume too. It doesn't (and shouldn't) have to be a bathing suit either but I'm partial to the midriff showing with a ring in the middle. I know it's impractical but w/e lol

Honestly her horsemen costume from last movie could've worked pretty well as an X-Men costume, it just needed a much better cape. Add longer hair, the head piece + an "X" logo somewhere and you're good to go.

I don't know if it's because I hated the movie so I retroactively dislike most things about it, but that mohawk looks kinda bad now... lol.

Last edited:
Honestly her horsemen costume from last movie could've worked pretty well as an X-Men costume, it just needed a much better cape. Add longer hair, the head piece + an "X" logo somewhere and you're good to go.

I agree it was a pretty good costume but I've never liked Ororo with purple. Reminds me of an Adam Kubert (whose art I otherwise adore) Storm costume.

Now that you mention it, besides the sub-par wigs for Halle, Storm never really got a good cape either. I liked the idea of the DOFP cape but it just looked like a table cloth.

I agree it was a pretty good costume but I've never liked Ororo with purple. Reminds me of an Adam Kubert (whose art I otherwise adore) Storm costume.

Now that you mention it, besides the sub-par wigs for Halle, Storm never really got a good cape either. I liked the idea of the DOFP cape but it just looked like a table cloth.

Yeah I feel like the DOFP had the best cape so far. Do you think we will get classic costumes in DP?

Hahaha Quicksilver's design is absolutely terrible. Nightcrawler's looks the best. Storm and Cyke's are meh and Jean's is ok. But it looks like Storm is wearing a bra over the suit. I still find Nicholas Hoult unconvincingly hilarious as Beast.

Last edited:
Yup since last year

It will be interesting to see what roles they play. Especially Psylocke considering how things left off in XA. Maybe the audience will be given an explanation as to why she didn’t help out with the fight against Apocalypse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"