The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

So James Gunn is making a Superman movie that's potentially about Lex making a evil Kryptonian clone to fight Superman, while other superheroes will have guest appearances.

I'm starting to have BvS flashbacks.lol
You sound like the Snider bros on the internet and YouTube. I bet the Engineer has something to do with making the clone as well. I bet Lex is trying to make a Superman he can control. Not a mindless monster.

You sound like the Snider bros on the internet and YouTube. I bet the Engineer has something to do with making the clone as well. I bet Lex is trying to make a Superman he can control. Not a mindless monster.
I will never forgive Snyder for calling Zombie Zod, Doomsday! :argh:

So James Gunn is making a Superman movie that's potentially about Lex making a evil Kryptonian clone to fight Superman, while other superheroes will have guest appearances.

I'm starting to have BvS flashbacks.lol

Vastly different creatives so that isn't anything I'd worry about at all.

I'm not gonna judge the whole film bc of a blanket rumor going around though. Scoopers usually frame this stuff in the most cynical way imaginable so it's all hit or miss plus presented in bad faith.

I could see Luthor try once and it doesn't work for him, Bizarro, then tries again and its "Ultraman".

It's not like it's confirmed confirmed though anyway. DanielRPK is very hit or miss scooper.

giphy.gif

I really dislike the evil doppelganger trope (like in Logan), so if this turns out to be true I'll be pretty disappointed. I wonder if Corenswet is playing both parts, or if Gunn will lean into the metaness and use a previous Superman.

I really dislike the evil doppelganger trope (like in Logan), so if this turns out to be true I'll be pretty disappointed. I wonder if Corenswet is playing both parts, or if Gunn will lean into the metaness and use a previous Superman.
It's Corenswet per the same sources.

Pitch idea: Brainiac pulls a Black Mercy and traps Superman in an artificial Krypton where it's as if it was never destroyed. His wife is a Kryptonian Lois and he realizes it's a simulation when he turns her around to kiss her and she has no face.
Superman Godfall is similar to that...

Best case scenario, the clone starts to decay and malfuction thorough the movie until he becomes the classic Bizarro, that I would be fine with.
That's basically what happens in John Byrne's run, i.e., Luthor cloning Superman, and the resultant clone rapidly deteriorating in both appearance and intelligence.

So what do you guys think?

Not the direction I was hoping for, but we'll see.
This Ultraman feels a little too much like another kryptonian villain, ie, zod, doomsday.
I was hoping for metallo or parasite. Something new and original.

If course, this may not even be true.

I don't think Bizarro works for a film...jmho.

It's Corenswet per the same sources.
A missed opportunity. I also don't like that Gunn's undercutting the audience's initial impression of this new Superman by saddling him with an evil clone right away. It'd be one thing if this was a sequel, when we're already familiar with who this version is.

I would prefer seeing Lex creating villain after villain to go after superman. All fail.
Lex being Lex, he figures out the multiverse, sees the earth with ultraman and the other villains, and invites the devil and company over.

Best case scenario, the clone starts to decay and malfuction thorough the movie until he becomes the classic Bizarro, that I would be fine with.

Yeah if this rumor is true, I hope they go this route. I’ve always liked Bizarro and this could be a cool way to make him work on film.

How reliable is DanielRPK? I can’t keep straight which of these weird Twitter scoopers with stupid names are the accurate ones.

How reliable is DanielRPK? I can’t keep straight which of these weird Twitter scoopers with stupid names are the accurate ones.
When it comes to marketing stuff, like when a trailer is going to drop or when annoucement is going to happen, he's pretty accrurate. When it comes to movie details, casting, etc... he's a bit hit or miss. But he's reliable enough to at least pay attention to anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"