The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

I don't if I should be fearful or jealous of Rachel. :o
both-why.gif

Look that isn't my thing, but I could definitely see...ummm...nevermind!

Oh, I read it differently...

I actually like the 'working man' imagery with him suiting up & fixing his work boots while the city goes to **** behind him. It's another day of work for Superman. I didn't read 'boredom' or 'unsure'
THANK YOU!! Just another day at the office!

Any signs of backne on your CSI machine, DK? :o
Not that I can see. Given the longer time he was given to bulk up, I don't suspect roids. That shot is clearly heavily pumped up in the gym. As we saw in those recent photoshoot shots, he looks much more natural when cold.

Also, he doesn't have the crazy cannonball delts that are usually a giveaway of steroid use. Deltoids are known to respond especially well to anabolics.

Not that I can see. Given the longer time he was given to bulk up, I don't suspect roids. That shot is clearly heavily pumped up in the gym. As we saw in those recent photoshoot shots, he looks much more natural when cold.

Also, he doesn't have the crazy cannonball delts that are usually a giveaway of steroid use. Deltoids are known to respond especially well to anabolics.
They'll just tell him to dehydrate his muscles during shirtless scenes for definition. :o

Remember she thought the suit was bright blue and the shield was curved. :o
Well, the suit is a brighter blue. You can see it where the lower body is directly in the light in the photo. The rest looks darker due to lighting and battle damage. There is a lot of carbon scoring on the upper body.

Well, the suit is a brighter blue. You can see it where the lower body is directly in the light in the photo. The rest looks darker due to lighting and battle damage. There is a lot of carbon scoring on the upper body.
1715025245259.gif

He looks more bored than unsure to me

It's so weird that Gunn and the actors have been hyping up this Superman as more hopeful and joyful and he gives us this as his first look.
I actually think that's the most interesting part of it all. People anticipated a picture of Superman smiling, standing tall, and projecting optimism—something along those lines. Instead, the image shows him with a suit that's battle-worn, looking exhausted, and putting on his boots one at a time. It seems like an attempt to "ground" the character instead of showing him super idealized—which actually makes me extremely curious as to what Gunn's vision for the film is, and what his whole philosophy for the DCU is gonna be. I don't think it's gonna be as simple as him copying and pasting all the goofiness from the comics as people thought it was gonna be. It's still gonna have some element of that I'm sure, but there's a tangibility here that he seems to be pursuing which I don't think people were necessarily expecting.

If the shirtless scene is one where Lois is gawking at a bare chested Clark, I will be happy. Yes, I know it is sexist, but

It has been assumed we would see the suit shortly before David would do outside shoots in the suit. So does any one have any news, info or ideas as to outdoor shooting in the next 24-36-48 hours?

GM6WAfbWwAEi5W8

this shouldnt be looking like more money went into it.
It doesn't. At all.

I don't love the lines. The collar is meh. That doesn't make or break anything for me. It certainly doesn't look cheap or like AI to me. Idk what others are seeing with that take. It just looks like an actual suit. Not a skintight garment. The folds are obviously there because he's sitting down, hunched over. The colors and the emblem are great though. And Corenswet looks good.

The "why is he getting dressed when the world is exploding?" takes are the type of silly goose **** I'm gonna laugh at for the next couple days though.

I actually think that's the most interesting part of it all. People anticipated a picture of Superman smiling, standing tall, and projecting optimism—something along those lines. Instead, the image shows him with a suit that's battle-worn, looking exhausted, and putting on his boots one at a time. It seems like an attempt to "ground" the character instead of showing him super idealized—which actually makes me extremely curious as to what Gunn's vision for the film is, and what his whole philosophy for the DCU is gonna be. I don't think it's gonna be as simple as him copying and pasting all the goofiness from the comics as people thought it was gonna be. It's still gonna have some element of that I'm sure, but there's a tangibility here that he seems to be pursuing which I don't think people were necessarily expecting.
Here’s the thing: Superman is not goofy in the comics. He’s optimistic. He’s stalwart. He’s a Boy Scout, maybe. But he’s not goofy or comedic. It would be a mistake to equate the fact that the comics aren’t as dark as others as them not being serious, because they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"