The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

I really wish our poll system worked.

I have a theory in these sort of movies in which they get so caught up in designs and concept art and options and textures that sometimes they miss/forget/overlook the simplicity of the original design.

I have a theory in these sort of movies in which they get so caught up in designs and concept art and options and textures that sometimes they miss/forget/overlook the simplicity of the original design.
My counterargument to that is that comics and live-action can be two very different mediums. IRL a 1:1 classic Superman suit would look quite plain. You need something breaking up the design somehow, even if it's just some kind of texturing. Unfortunately they went overboard with it here.

Fan ratings don't mean much though. This stuff is always subjective.
3d16f56c8466bed9bffea44bd677a8c6.gif

My counterargument to that is that comics and live-action can be two very different mediums. IRL a 1:1 classic Superman suit would look quite plain. You need something breaking up the design somehow, even if it's just some kind of texturing. Unfortunately they went overboard with it here.
Sure, yes. There's a middle ground that is hard to obtain. But sometimes they add up so many little small changes from one design to the other that the original concept design gets disfigured. It happens in music too. The demo can be vastly different from the final song and there are many elements that get lost in the middle.

Ok @Invader Joker the eyebrows are definitely still lightened in the pic. Idk what’s up with that. I mean it looks fine in that pic, I just don’t get the point of doing it at all?

Ok @Invader Joker the eyebrows are definitely still lightened in the pic. Idk what’s up with that. I mean it looks fine in that pic, I just don’t get the point of doing it at all?
The best guess I have is maybe he wants Superman to intentionally look a bit weird because he's an alien.

He's not smiling with his chest out, so that means he's depressed and sad and the movie will just be MoS again? Is that really what we're doing?

The best guess I have is maybe he wants Superman to intentionally look a bit weird because he's an alien.
It'd narrow down Superman's secret identity a little more for the likes of Lois, Jimmy, and Perry.

'Hey, who else do we know who's built like a linebacker and who has weird eyebrows like a bizarro Bogdan?'

It'd narrow down Superman's secret identity a little more for the likes of Lous, Jimmy, and Perry.

'Hey, who else do we know who's built like a linebacker and who has weird eyebrows like a bizarro Bogdan?'
The other guess I have is that he has darker eyebrows as Clark Kent and it's part of the look to throw people off

I see a focused and determined looking Superman rather than sad or miserable and it looks like it's been a rough day of work for him.

I just hope we get a bright clean suit for most of the film and the damaged look far later.

I reaaally hope we get the classic look of him in costume minus the top.

Even though this isn't the suit I was hoping for, neither the hairstyle (at least from what I can tell) I don't think it's the worst thing like a part of the internet seems to think it is. I'm a little shocked how it seems to be getting blasted, but at the same time.. being a big DC fan my whole life (and being on these boards since Smallville was on air) it just seems DC always has some loud haters. Sometimes I get it, but it just seems almost everything gets crapped on before it even comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"