The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

Screw giant robots... It has to be a spider. :o
Nah,
It's a giant Robot Spider.
r
giphy.gif

1715231177494.png

Yeah I definitely think it's going to be a put on take off kinda suit... Like I said before I want the Superman lounging around in suit but minus the top..it's such a cool look and well..babe.

I am surprised we haven't seen any more shots of the characters this week, though we still have Friday, so maybe. I thought that they would produce a shot of David only when the chance of a random shot being shown was a possibility. I wonder if the shot we saw was random, or what exactly was the purpose? I personally like the shot, but am wondering why then, and what was the thought process. Monday didn't seem necessary though I am grateful for it

This. No matter the media, the collar always makes him look less approachable and more alien. Never liked it

Agreed 100%. I think a good analogy is comparing someone wearing a t-shirt to someone wearing a suit. The suit just looks more formal. That's how I feel about Superman's suit having a high collar; it looks more formal. Personally I don't think it's the right aesthetics for the character. It's obviously not a dealbreaker; it's a relatively minor thing.

I'm a collar hater I guess :lol:

I'm curious to see what Gunn came up with for Ultraman's suit if that rumor is true. I imagined before something that'd be an unironic modern attempt at a Superman suit. Ironically I imagined it'd have the collar. :tongue:

I'm curious to see what Gunn came up with for Ultraman's suit if that rumor is true. I imagined before something that'd be an unironic modern attempt at a Superman suit. Ironically I imagined it'd have the collar. :tongue:
I think it's literally just gonna be this same suit but with a U instead of an S and maybe darker colors.

For you guys complaining about Superman’s suit not being able hide under Clark’s suit, can someone explain where Supes boots and cape are at?
The "boots" were always like grippy socks he'd hide in oversized shoes, and he'd wrap the cape around his waist to give him a pot belly

For the record, in the comics I hated the collar, but I honestly didn't notice it in the reveal. :shrug:
Yeah I don’t like the collar in the comics at all. And as a basic concept for Superman, I hate it. As I’ve said, collars are generally associated in my mind with formality, rank, and elitism. Concepts I don’t want to associate with Supes. But for some reason, this collar doesn’t look too formal to me. It lacks the border and “v” at the center of the New 52 suit that usually makes that suit look so militaristic to me, and of course there’s the material which really softens it. Mostly this collar just makes this suit look more…comfy to me? The same way turtlenecks make people look cozy in the winter I guess lol.

I just get the impression they had designs of this exact suit both with collar and without collar, and simply found the one with the collar to be more flattering on David with his long neck. This suspicion is aided by my active dislike of every collar-free fan edit I’ve seen of this suit. That’s given me the strong impression that this collar was needed. :funny:

Agreed 100%. I think a good analogy is comparing someone wearing a t-shirt to someone wearing a suit. The suit just looks more formal. That's how I feel about Superman's suit having a high collar; it looks more formal. Personally I don't think it's the right aesthetics for the character. It's obviously not a dealbreaker; it's a relatively minor thing.

I'm a collar hater I guess :lol:
Same. I'm open to getting it once the "vision" becomes a little clearer, but right now, tbh, I don't know what they were thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"