The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Blu-ray/DVD Information / Speculation

big__The-Dark-Knight-Premium-Edition-Newsbild-01.jpg

Not gonna lie. If it was real, and if WB released it in the States, I'd buy it. I love WB's "book" releases.

That looks pretty sharp, although the pic used for the cover is inappropriate.

Seems fake. Also I agree a bit weird having the Joker on the cover the "The Dark Knight".

Of all the amazing/awesome/incredible posters this movie had they had to use the one poster I hated for the slip on cover:o

No kidding. And the standard, bare-bones DVD came with the "Welcome to a World Without Rules" poster for its cover art. :cmad:

I will say that at least the main cover art for the Blu-ray is badass, even if it is the Joker instead of Batman. The slipcover sucks though. Shoulda been "Welcome to a World Without Rules."

In fact, it seems like the makers almost went out of their way to exclude that aspect of the film from the Blu-ray. I think I remember a few brief interviews with Christian Bale, which were in the History Channel docs. Speaking of which, those two documentaries were probably some the most insightful features on the disc, and we'd already seen them months prior! That's why the TDK Blu-Ray and DVD felt lazy to me.

Its not lazy, in fact I believe it to be intentional on Chris Nolan's part. I can't remember where I read this but I recall him discussing in an interview how he likes to keep certain processes of filmmaking not out in the open in order to to keep up the "mystique" of the process.

He truly believes in the imagination of filmmaking and doesn't like to divulge his 'secrets' so to speak...he wants to keep audiences wanting more in addition to leaving certain things to their own imagination.

This also explains why he doesn't have any deleted scenes for his movies dvds as well.

I guess in a way, you can say he's very "old school".

Its not lazy, in fact I believe it to be intentional on Chris Nolan's part. I can't remember where I read this but I recall him discussing in an interview how he likes to keep certain processes of filmmaking not out in the open in order to to keep up the "mystique" of the process.

He truly believes in the imagination of filmmaking and doesn't like to divulge his 'secrets' so to speak...he wants to keep audiences wanting more in addition to leaving certain things to their own imagination.

This also explains why he doesn't have any deleted scenes for his movies dvds as well.

I guess in a way, you can say he's very "old school".

I think you're referring to some of his interviews for The Prestige. I seem to remember him referencing the fact that filmmaking is a lot like magic in that the audience isn't supposed to know certain things.

This pic is not fake. it is just another package, no deleted scenes or something... *cry*

The Batman Begins one looks pretty cool. These are only German releases though don't know if we will see these digibook releases in the states.

Batman-Begins-Premium-Collection.jpg

I would love to get those editions in build my Blu-Ray collection

i own the FYE/Suncoast Steelbook SE and the 2 disk Blu Ray with Digital Copy and both are on my nightstand; my Steelbook is laying next to the wall and my blu ray is leaning up on a framed oscar ad i won on Ebay with the joker on it (its the "hit me" scene)

Not gonna lie. If it was real, and if WB released it in the States, I'd buy it. I love WB's "book" releases.

i love those too!! i have the Batman (1989) with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson blu ray "book" SE

I'm still hoping when it gets closer to BB3 that they release both those movies with mini books in the case. I've yet to buy wither on blu-ray so I'd love to get those both in those sets

Epic! :lmao:

Anyway, I bought BB/TDK box set on Blu-Ray finally but my PS3 asked "Do you want to allow internet connection?" Why would I need that for a movie I want to watch?

The Dark Knight is a BD-Live disc (Web-enabled) which means you can access exclusive content online through the disc. The PS3 has an option in the settings that will allow you to automatically connect online when starting up a BD-Live Blu-ray or you can be asked if you want to connect like yours just did. Just look through the settings and change it if that little pop-up annoys you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"