Dark Phoenix $ The DARK PHOENIX Box Office Speculation ThreaD $

We'll just take note of that when the film only earned $400 million worldwide.

It doesn't say he was banned.

Honestly a poll like this would be better after the teaser/trailer and marketing has began since thats gonna be what either attracts or detracts people.

If we went by The Wolverines Box office as an example for Logan then it probably wouldn't have made as much as it did.

Last edited:
Was Ordet banned?

His posts have gone, so I suspect so.

However, a suspiciously similar poster called goldX has since appeared.

I'm not sure why Ordet was going on and on. The deal with Disney is done, because Murdoch wanted to sell off Fox. So there's no use in shrieking on about it.

It does render Dark Phoenix somewhat irrelevant.

X-Men is still a strong brand on the global stage.So (at least) 400/500 million shouldn't be too hard.Of course, much will depend on the marketing and the quality of the film.

I was looking at my own local (dutch market) box office totals and it's interesting to see how each film ranks.

Deadpool - $5,424,206
DOFP - $3,522,349
Logan - $3,278,098
XMOWolv - $2,616,177
XMApoc - $2,395,785
The Wolv - $2,313,537
X2 - $2,099,353
X1 - $2,025,466
X3 - $1,964,264
XM FC - $1,892,336

Source:Boxofficemojo.com

Everything will depend on the reception in the USA
in the rest of the world x-men is still a strong box office franchise

His posts have gone, so I suspect so.

However, a suspiciously similar poster called goldX has since appeared.

I'm not sure why Ordet was going on and on. The deal with Disney is done, because Murdoch wanted to sell off Fox. So there's no use in shrieking on about it.

It does render Dark Phoenix somewhat irrelevant.

I'm here.
I have also a son and a wife to care about :woo:

I don't think i was banned, 'cause someone would have warned me about it, no?

And, above all, why? :huh:

(and of course i'm not Goldx)

Last edited:
Everything will depend on the reception in the USA
in the rest of the world x-men is still a strong box office franchise

Sure, but outside of the states - the last film in this franchise to earn $500 million is Dofp. Logan/Deadpool didn't. Deadpool 2 could do it neXt year but the New Mutants/Dark Phoenix/Gambit? Doubt it.

The x-men franchise does not make much predictions, I think after X-3, no one expected x-men movies making more than 745 million, just as few people believed that the successor to DOFP made less than 550 million
It all depends on the film's reception in the USA
important countries at the box office, such as Uk, Brazil, Australia, South Korea, Mexico, Venezuela, France and Germany, are always influenced by the USA
the only country that does not care about the US and its critics, is China that by the way gave the highest grossing of the franchise for x-men apocalypse.
these countries, have already shown that the franchise still has a large audience, are only waiting for good movies to see
if DP starts well in the US and has a good reception from the critics, it can do very well in the rest of the world, but something that we will only have more sense when we have the first trailer.

If you have errors, I'm sorry, I'm using google translator

X-Men is still a strong brand on the global stage.So (at least) 400/500 million shouldn't be too hard.Of course, much will depend on the marketing and the quality of the film.

I was looking at my own local (dutch market) box office totals and it's interesting to see how each film ranks.

Deadpool - $5,424,206
DOFP - $3,522,349
Logan - $3,278,098
XMOWolv - $2,616,177
XMApoc - $2,395,785
The Wolv - $2,313,537
X2 - $2,099,353
X1 - $2,025,466
X3 - $1,964,264
XM FC - $1,892,336

Source:Boxofficemojo.com

Price inflation plays a big role. Though it doesn't guarantee more people saw Apocalypse than the original trilogy. I highly doubt that.

More than Apocalypse.

Sure hope so. The current focus on female cast is interesting. There's Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain and Sophie Turner (redhead from Game of Thrones) and Storm! They should definitely use it to their advantage when advertising. Girlpower's big now, what with Wonderwoman and the current wave of sexual harrassment accusations in Hollywood. And, yes, I'm still waiting for them to make an Asian girl superhero flick out of Sailor Moon. Now's the time!

Sure hope so. The current focus on female cast is interesting. There's Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain and Sophie Turner (redhead from Game of Thrones) and Storm! They should definitely use it to their advantage when advertising. Girlpower's big now, what with Wonderwoman and the current wave of sexual harrassment accusations in Hollywood. And, yes, I'm still waiting for them to make an Asian girl superhero flick out of Sailor Moon. Now's the time!

The focus appears to be on three of those: Lawrence, Chastain and Turner.

No mention of Storm in the EW coverage.

And we can see Shipp wasn't out having dinner with Kinberg and the others so I really doubt Storm is going to be/do anything special in this movie. Best to set expectations to nothing, to be honest. If there's scenes/dialogue to be cut, then the ethnic minorities are first to be targeted.

I'm gonna low ball it and vote over 400 mill worldwide unless something disastrous happens to knock it off track. If the film is marketed properly, I can see just crossing over 500 mill. worldwide.

Throughout history, not too many comparable situations where a whole studio has been bought out yet has an upcoming film that's been already made in which a reboot is already preferred by "home" studio (once a publisher). Very weird situation. Even odder that film seems to be set-up as a 2-parter yet is essentially already in the past without even getting a trailer yet.

What would get in the way more of integrating characters into the MCU, multiple spin-offs or 1 core X-men film that's still yet to be released? I honestly wonder how much will be spent marketing the film or if budget has already been cut post-production...

If Apocalypse, which was met with mixed reception, can gross over $540 million worldwide, I don't see any reason why Dark Phoenix can't either.

If it's a terrible film, that will hurt it. If it's a good film, that'll help as well.

The reception of Apocalypse can't be good for this film. Just look at Justice League. Even though we got an amazing and successful Wonder Woman, it didn't make the film forget about Bvs and Jl is a better film than bvs. Plus like dofp and Deadpool, those films didn't really convince to see Apocalypse. So the good reception for Logan / Deadpool 2 won't have a good effect on dark phoenix.

I’d say 500 million the good thing about feb is that there won’t be any real competition besides captain marvel

Last edited:
Thing is you need toreally get people's attention in order to maintain legs. Who's to say more people would watch just because there is less competition if the public isn't just interested. Also, the Lego Movie 2 would be a major competition.

This film will flop like a dry fish, me thinks. People will wanna save up for Captain Marvel.

Well, this is a shot in the dark.
the competition is always bad, just see what's happening with deadpool 2 that will probably end with less than logan at the box office
DP apparently will not have any big competition in February, so this logically will help the film locally, so if the movie is good, I think it can reach 165-185m local box office, already internationally x-men always had a good box office

I can see this movie doing something around 590-650m
but it depends on the marketing, movie quality, and etc.

now, if the movie is bad, I bet on something around 360-400m.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"