The Winter Soldier The Falcon

Whoever does the casting for all these Marvel Studio films deserves a raise.

Falcon is awesome and a big part of the Winter Soldier storyline

PrtRC.jpg

He's a big part of the CAPTAIN AMERICA storyline, period. Has been, for decades. He's like Steve's Rhodey....and that's probably where some minor grumbling will come in: "Yeah, another black sidekick instead of a full-on superhero. Figures."

But Falcon was a given for the Cap movie, just like Sharon Carter (can't wait to hear the casting for her role....). And Mackie is a GREAT addition to the cast. Plus, I'm willing to bet that Falcon will HERO UP!!! to the Avengers even before War Machine does....even though both belong on the team.

I'm really excited about this. I always loved Cap and Falcon as a kid. Those were the books I read, because Bucky was still dead at this point.

CA always had trouble keeping his own title and with the scramble at Marvel over the new issues, there's alot of talk that they will not restart Captain America as the book petered out after the whole death of Steve Rogers, Bucky taking over, etc. story line.

I'm glad to see that the talented folks at Marvel know where to take this franchise. I'm wondering if the beef with Joe Johnson was that they ran into creative differences on the sequel.

I do hope Marvel has the balls to risk making a solo Black Panther movie.

I'd actually prefer a Heroes for Hire movie over a solo Luke Cage movie. But I wouldn't be mad if they did lower-budget Luke Cage and Iron Fist solo movies before doing Heroes for Hire.

I'm really excited about this. I always loved Cap and Falcon as a kid. Those were the books I read, because Bucky was still dead at this point.

CA always had trouble keeping his own title and with the scramble at Marvel over the new issues, there's alot of talk that they will not restart Captain America as the book petered out after the whole death of Steve Rogers, Bucky taking over, etc. story line.

I'm glad to see that the talented folks at Marvel know where to take this franchise. I'm wondering if the beef with Joe Johnson was that they ran into creative differences on the sequel.

What? I didn't know there was any beef with Johnston. I thought that they just wanted him for the origin story and that's that, and they'd go for more of an espionage route for the sequel. Whether the Russos can deliver the goods with that, though, I have no idea...

This sequel's already looking great. Except for the directors, but I'm willing to give them a chance.

I do hope Marvel has the balls to risk making a solo Black Panther movie.

I'd actually prefer a Heroes for Hire movie over a solo Luke Cage movie. But I wouldn't be mad if they did lower-budget Luke Cage and Iron Fist solo movies before doing Heroes for Hire.
pretty good idea. theyre both mainly street level guys too so you wouldnt need a whole lot of crazy effects. picture the guy that made The Raid making Iron Fist and tell me that wouldnt kick much ash...and on a budget too. lol

I remember reading that they're going to restart the Captain America series with John Remender and John Romita Jr. helming it.

Falcon's a wonderful way to modernise Captain America but as previously said, it's past time for a Black Panther movie.

Falcon's a wonderful way to modernise Captain America but as previously said, it's past time for a Black Panther movie.

Really hoping BP will be announced for 2016 after TA2. Then I'm ready for a Captain Marvel movie.

Very good news to hear that they are in fact including Falcon and even better that Mackie is in talks to play him. Sounds like great casting to me.

Awesome choice if he signs on. No complaints whatsoever.

Wait, we get Falcon? I totally missed this. Yay!

Not bad casting at all. Well I hope we get Redwing as well, and not just Falcon. And if we do get Redwing, I hope like in Superhero Squad, he does bird poo on some of the villains.

Papa Doc is playing The Falcon? That's really cool. I'm a fan of the character (he's basically Marvel's Koko B. Ware), but I already know his classic costume isn't going to make it on screen. I can see them going with this one though:

ult-falcon.jpg

I don't know, given Falcon's power I'd say the more sci-fi-looking hard light wings are the most likely to appear on screen, if they actually bring in the wings in this movie.

Falcon without wings is like Iron Man without armour, or Cap without a shield.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the character to make him visually unique.

And have birds flying in the background. Jon Woo style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"