The side view reminds me a bit of Oscar from Sesame Street

The thought is amusing :)

the second cowl reminder of carmine infantino
GoldSilverFlash.jpg
Yeah, the unused cowl shares enough resemblance to the way Infantino drew it
Flash looks angry at the older Flash

Yeah, the unused cowl shares enough resemblance to the way Infantino drew it
Flash looks angry at the older Flash

Maybe will something similar too the flash of two worlds. where Barry thinks jay is fictional character..

Jonah Weiland @jonahweiland ·
Just watched The Flash pilot. @AJKreisberg @geoffjohns @GBerlanti you guys hit it out of the park! Really fantastic! I'm in! #dccomics

Jonah Weiland @jonahweiland ·
I had high expectations for The Flash pilot, but that went FAR beyond what I expected. @grantgust nails it, carries the show well.

Just watched the pilot. Cool show and can definitely see myself getting into it.

My favorite characters are Spider-Man, Cap and Supes, and I'd probably give the last spot for The Flash. Which trades/books do you guys recommend to start off with?

So how many people prefer the top cowl? I actually love the cowl the show is using.

Just watched the pilot. Cool show and can definitely see myself getting into it.

My favorite characters are Spider-Man, Cap and Supes, and I'd probably give the last spot for The Flash. Which trades/books do you guys recommend to start off with?

The Flash: Born to Run,The Flash: The Return of Barry Allen, The Flash: Terminal Velocity,The Flash: Blood Will Run,The Flash: Rebirth,The Flash: The Dastardly Death of the Rogues,The Flash: The Road to Flashpoint,and new 52..

Glad to hear the pilot getting such positive reviews, but I think we're all expecting this to be pretty good. I just don't hope our expectations are too high now.

The Flash: Born to Run,The Flash: The Return of Barry Allen, The Flash: Terminal Velocity,The Flash: Blood Will Run,The Flash: Rebirth,The Flash: The Dastardly Death of the Rogues,The Flash: The Road to Flashpoint,and new 52..

Thanks. There are some origin stories in here right? Looking forward to New 52.

the first one the wings look weird too big..Prefer the 90 or the one they are using now
shipp.jpg

I still love that costume except for the fact that he looks like a bodybuilder. For the time period though, they killed it. I dig the material, and I LOVE the insignia. :up:

I still love that costume except for the fact that he looks like a bodybuilder. For the time period though, they killed it. I dig the material, and I LOVE the insignia. :up:

although the fake muscles were a bit overboard..I think they were trying to emulate Tim Burton bat suit..

although the fake muscles were a bit overboard..I think they were trying to emulate Tim Burton bat suit..

I agree with you, and we've all heard the stories about the fans and cooling system they had to add.

The Flash: Rebirth The explosive epic that reintroduces the newly returned Barry Allen as the Flash and the new 52 are origins..
Gotcha. Thanks. I'll be sure to save this list the next time I'm at a comic store.

Glad to hear the pilot getting such positive reviews, but I think we're all expecting this to be pretty good. I just don't hope our expectations are too high now.
It reminded me of how into Smallville I was back in the day. All the ingredients to the formula are there. There's some "cartoony" stuff and cheese of course, but I enjoyed it a lot.

John Wesley Shipp (the original Flash) is going to be playing Barry's father on the new show I think thats pretty cool

Gotcha. Thanks. I'll be sure to save this list the next time I'm at a comic store.

It reminded me of how into Smallville I was back in the day. All the ingredients to the formula are there. There's some "cartoony" stuff and cheese of course, but I enjoyed it a lot.

It's the CW. There's going to be a certain amount of cheese. No getting around it.

was there any nod to Gorilla Grodd? Apparently in the pilot, there is a broken cage in Star Labs labeled Grodd

TELL US.

:D

Also, JLA: Year One, Flash & GL: Brave And The Bold, and DC: New Frontier Absolute Edition (I say the Absolute Edition because it features some great scenes with Barry that aren't in the standard release), are all great Flash reads. Definitely check them out if you get a chance.

was there any nod to Gorilla Grodd? Apparently in the pilot, there is a broken cage in Star Labs labeled Grodd

TELL US.

:D

Also, JLA: Year One, Flash & GL: Brave And The Bold, and DC: New Frontier Absolute Edition (I say the Absolute Edition because it features some great scenes with Barry that aren't in the standard release), are all great Flash reads. Definitely check them out if you get a chance.
I plan to pick up a few Flash books for sure. Watching the pilot compelled me to haha.

My few thoughts on it (good and bad), w/o giving anything away...
• Simple and fun
• Love characters and are able to pick your favs easily
• Easy show to get into (reminded me of when I watched Smallville back in the day)
• Moves a bit too quick
• Goofy, cheesy stuff

Looks like a show that is very easily addicting though. I'm excited.

OH!

Edit :
A few things, three things, reminded me of Spider-Man. That's all I'll say haha.

Do you have a copy of the pilot ? Watch it again and tell us if there are nods to major Flash villains!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"