The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why but I feel like luis4u and Spider-Aziz are related.

Okay, finally figured out who Gustin reminds me of now: A young John Stockwell (from Christine):

1387560154_John-Stockwell.jpg

I can see it. But I always thought Armie Hammer was his modern doppelganger.

Damn that red headed chick from Sky High would really make a great Iris. Neat video. The guy playing Thawne definitely looks like Barry but I'm excited for Gustin nonetheless.

Damn that red headed chick from Sky High would really make a great Iris. Neat video. The guy playing Thawne definitely looks like Barry but I'm excited for Gustin nonetheless.
But his acting does not suit Barry at all... Just because he has blonde hair doesn't make him more appropriate for Barry than Gustin. This guy's voice is much better suited for a villain imo

Also that DC all access video was pretty interesting! So glad to see that Geoff Johns is so heavily involved in this show :D

The guy playing Thawne looks good for Thawne.

Althought I instantly liked Tom Cavanagh. He comes across as a fun guy. Althught he may have been drunk...

luis, thanks for diligently posting so much news on here for us

Adopted son? Barry is the adopted brother of Iris?
Awkward

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=53086
You recently wrapped the "Flash" pilot. How impressed were you with Grant Gustin?

As impressed as I've been with any lead of any pilot I've ever done. He was truly magical. He was quite fantastic and had amazing chops and composure. He had such wonderful depth and power and richness. I think the audience will love him.

As the director, you set the tone and look for a series. What was your vision for "Flash?"

We were very happy with how "Arrow" turned out. What we wanted to do was make the show have some other notes in it. There's humor in this pilot, which fits very well. It's a little bit brighter of a show. It really encapsulates who Barry Allen is as a character, and who the Flash is in the comics.

Did you turn to a particular run in the comics for inspiration?

Geoff Johns, who had written so much of the Flash lore over the recent years, was one of the screenplay writers. We utilized his knowledge and expertise in this world. Greg and Andrew are quite aficionados as well, Andrew being a comic book writer himself. We all relied on each other to give our best work. It was a real fantastic community effort that worked out beautifully.

With "Arrow," you recommended directors for the earlier episodes. How invested will you be in "Flash" after the initial stages?

I'm going to be directing the first episode of "Flash." Anything they need from me, I'll be there to help with to get this thing off the ground and going in the right direction.

Do you feel "Arrow" and "Flash" will have the same legs as "Smallville?"

"Arrow" is proving to have the same legs. It's the most popular show on the network. It's in the third season, and it's only growing stronger and better. I definitely think it can. Hopefully "Flash" lasts at least half as long [as the others], because then we'd be in great shape.
When he says he's directing the first episode, I assume he's not referring to the pilot, but the first actual episode.

Or rather not try to do grodd ..

I know how they can do Grodd.

Just make him Mr Gordon Rodd, business mogul with a genius level intellect. He could be this big, huge guy sized like a gorilla. :woot:

Do we really need to go through all this again?

After Barry's mother was killed and his father was arrested, he was taken in by Detective West. It's like a foster family type of thing.

EDIT: Sawyer covered it.

After Barry's mother was killed and his father was arrested, he was taken in by Detective West. It's like a foster family type of thing.

Thank you..

The guy playing Thawne looks good for Thawne.

Althought I instantly liked Tom Cavanagh. He comes across as a fun guy. Althught he may have been drunk...

Thawne in the comics doesn't look much like the guy playing him in the show, but he can change his appearance so it works...I guess. Still excited. And yeah, I like Tom Cavanagh too. I think he's a good actor and will be one of the hilights of the show.

I was thinking of the idea of Barry marrying Iris, and some possible reactions to that

Honestly, it never really bodes well for a couple on the CW show when a couple is introduced on a show as potential love interests.

I'm mainly using Smallville as an example, but even with Oliver and Laurel...for some reason, whenever we're introduced to a couple with "romance" being a factor in it (in some form), the show's always tend to really present them in CW fashion (angst, drama, awkward factor).

From what I've seen, the only times that a romantic couple has ever come off well is when the pair were introduced in a platonic notion, with the idea of romance coming in much later on.

Maybe he will date Patty Spivot
I'm mainly using Smallville as an example, but even with Oliver and Laurel...for some reason, whenever we're introduced to a couple with "romance" being a factor in it (in some form), the show's always tend to really present them in CW fashion (angst, drama, awkward factor).
:hehe:
Is that a nod to Laurel and Hardy?

I don't think it is^ Laurel Lance is a character on Arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member