The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great episode tonight. Maybe my favorite so far. :up:

Anybody notice that in the intro, Barry's logo on his chest was white?

I noticed it as well. So if I'm not mistaken, in the original timeline...the particle accelerator was originally created by Wells and his wife in the year 2020. The future news article that Thawne (under the guise of Wells) has been looking at was dated in 2024, that was just only 4 years afterwards.

What if in the original timeline, the real Wells had ended up helping Barry to become the flash like how we've seen at the start of the season, but that it only happened much later in the future?

It would actually explain on how Barry was still able to receive his suit and gear in the original timeline where Thawne hadn't screwed up things.

The only question is though, what happened to the future version of Barry that had chased after Thawne into the past after he had saved his younger counterpart?

I wondered about the future version of Barry.

Maybe we will see Barry restoring the original timeline up to 2020.

It's kind of strange though, that they would bring back Arrow into an episode of the Flash for the big showdown against Reverse Flash, given on how the executives said that we shouldn't expect to see the two characters crossover with each other until next season.

And from a story standpoint, it doesn't make sense to bring in someone like Oliver in a fight against a speedster like Thawne. Wouldn't bringing in Atom have been the more logical choice?

Loved tonight's episode! That fight at the beginning with Flash's new suit was amazing. And Hamil was great as The Trickster.

Man, Hamill was uber creepy as the Trickster. And the new one came across like a Grade A *****e.

And from a story standpoint, it doesn't make sense to bring in someone like Oliver in a fight against a speedster like Thawne. Wouldn't bringing in Atom have been the more logical choice?

No, because Green Arrow is more popular with audiences.

It's kind of strange though, that they would bring back Arrow into an episode of the Flash for the big showdown against Reverse Flash, given on how the executives said that we shouldn't expect to see the two characters crossover with each other until next season.

Barry is still a rookie, and Arrow has 7yrs of experience. Ollie is no Batman in his ability as a tactician but he's far superior to Barry.

I love Arrow, but The Flash has stolen all of it's thunder.

Tonight was so amazing... so many great scenes/lines/action pieces.

In regards to the Original timeline, what if Barry saving his mother doesn't create a third, alternate timeline where Barry is never the Flash, but rather restores the original timeline, only leaving the Barry from the present stuck there because he isn't supposed to get his powers for a few years, and he sees that things were still going to go bad ... either that, or he messes with the original timeline and advances certain things like the creation of villains.

Barry is still a rookie, and Arrow has 7yrs of experience. Ollie is no Batman in his ability as a tactician but he's far superior to Barry.

Thawne is both more experienced and more intelligent than Oliver. Green Arrow shouldn't even stand a chance against a guy who could easily kill him with one single punch.

I think the FlashPoint Paradox will happen, like the one from the Animated movie. So instead of Batman's dad we see Oliver's Dad Robert Queen as the Arrow. LOL :drl:

Awesome episode. Did not expect that like Grant said awhile back

Thawne is both more experienced and more intelligent than Oliver. Green Arrow shouldn't even stand a chance against a guy who could easily kill him with one single punch.

First you have no idea how much experience Thawne has. It's never been mentioned and there is no substitute for actual battle experience. It's like sex people can talk to you about till your blue in the face, first couple times are still going suck for the other person. Secondly Oliver is part of a team that includes the Flash so any advantage in speed is neutralized by his presence. No matter how fast or smart he is, having to think about three people can lead to indecision. While in a fight indecision can be as costly as making a wrong one.

Anyone think Dr.Tina McGee is going to take over for Thawne at Star Labs? Even better maybe Henry gets out of prison, works at Star Labs and finally get that relationship with Tina that was always teased in the 90-91 Flash show.

you bet he will be distracted
flashpoint-bats-reverseflash-large.jpg

First you have no idea how much experience Thawne has. It's never been mentioned and there is no substitute for actual battle experience.

Superspeed more than makes up for Oliver's training. By a lot.

And I doubt he can punch through that much plot armor.

Ollie's presence, logically, shouldn't make a lick of a difference. Once two speedsters fight seriously, the world practically stands still. And even if Oliver should take him by surprise, we've already seen speedsters as a reflex slow time to a crawl. Otherwise Barry would be breathing through a hole in his neck.

But as we've seen before, speedsters are only as good and as fast as the plot requires. As soon as Captain Cold or Heatwave are anywhere in the vicinity, both speedster will suddenly turn into amateurs.

anyone knows if we´ll get the suit with the white background like the one flash is wearing in the flashbacks?

Ollie's presence, logically, shouldn't make a lick of a difference. Once two speedsters fight seriously, the world practically stands still. And even if Oliver should take him by surprise, we've already seen speedsters as a reflex slow time to a crawl. Otherwise Barry would be breathing through a hole in his neck.

But as we've seen before, speedsters are only as good and as fast as the plot requires. As soon as Captain Cold or Heatwave are anywhere in the vicinity, both speedster will suddenly turn into amateurs.

So not only do we have a Bat-God, but Arrow-God as well?lol

I mean it's like some overestimate Oliver's abilities.

The guy's smart and a competent fighter, no doubt about that.

But let's be real here folks. There's no way, realistically speaking, that Oliver should have any advantage over the likes of Wells in direct confrontation.

The only way that Oliver could beat Wells would be hitting him when he's not either looking or expecting a hit.

And people do realize that Wells has the ability to deliver killing blows with a single punch on a regular person right? He killed several trained policemen and security guards without giving it much thought.

So, do we call these flashbackforwards or forwardbackflashes or flashforwardbacks?

Good Lord, tonight's episode was gold. GOOD LORD.

Actually I want to see Flash, Arrow, Black Canary, Firestorm, and Atom Vs. Reverse-Flash, Deathstroke, Golden Girder, Heatwave, and Captain Cold.

Another awesome episode as per usual. The show is ****ing amazing I swear. It never ceases to keep me entertained and on the edge of my seat. With all its reveals and twists. It's perfection. I cannot get enough of this show, I am so ready to already own it on blu ray and binge watch it non stop haha. It is seriously too damn good.

Okay, I think the reason why the Flash is listed as "missing" in the news article that Wells keeps checking up on from time to time is because the Barry from 2024 is the one that went back and chased after Eobard into the past and when Nora was killed, it caused future Barry to vanish.

Unfortunately, that really doesn't amount to much at all when you really get down to it. It's the same with Batman, his tactician skills and planning are really only going to help him only so much against meta humans like Reverse Flash.

But on the other token, any speedster has to be dumbed down in comics to actually be able to be beaten. It's just an unfortunate consequence of the kind of character they are. If you write a character like Flash to his full potential...he's essentially unbeatable. Hence why they have to come up with idiotic reasons for him to get "tricked" by his bad guys in order for there to be any drama.

So while the "normal human who has experience" on his side thing is kind of silly when they use it as a way to show how a regular human can compete with metas, the writers have to wrench believably for someone like Flash to honestly have any trouble fighting some of his villains at all. So I suppose it all sort of evens out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"