The Flash The Flash General Discussion and Speculation Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would love to see Thawne take Barry's face. He did it to Wells. I doubt it will happen but it would give a nod to RF having reconstructive surgery to look like Barry. Also, putting on the costume would nod to Thawne traveling back in time and acting as Barry Allen along side Wally

Anyone think Dr.Tina McGee is going to take over for Thawne at Star Labs? Even better maybe Henry gets out of prison, works at Star Labs and finally get that relationship with Tina that was always teased in the 90-91 Flash show.
Thoughts? Also who is the girl that is talking to Cisco in the trailer? When he says "I love you"?

I don't watch Arrow so if she's from there I wouldn't know.

Thoughts? Also who is the girl that is talking to Cisco in the trailer? When he says "I love you"?

I don't watch Arrow so if she's from there I wouldn't know.

That's Laurel from Arrow (Katie Cassidy), the Black Canary.

I've been thinking that Barry's time travel may allow Arrow producers to bring back Sara for the upcoming team-up show. Perhaps it'll be a "flashpoint" type situation.

That's Laurel from Arrow (Katie Cassidy), the Black Canary.

I've been thinking that Barry's time travel may allow Arrow producers to bring back Sara for the upcoming team-up show. Perhaps it'll be a "flashpoint" type situation.

Yea definitely think sara/Black canary will be back whether it's from a flash point or the Lazarus pit. The tricksters show was so damn awesome I'm already geeked to see the next episode this show is the best and keeps getting better love it. Was interesting to eobards history a lil hope they show why he went back in the first place

I really want to see Thawne dropping some DCU easter eggs. I mean, in his original timeline, Barry becomes The Flash in 2020. Maybe, in Thawne's timeline, the original Justice League used to be a thing (somewhere around 2021 and 2024). Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. Maybe, in this timeline, there's no Superman or Batman... yet. And Thawne knows all that **** since he's from the future.

It wouldn't harm the DCCU films and it would be cool as hell.

LMAO this is awesome. Does he still do write ups of the show for Playboy?

I didn't know he did write up for them. Looking at the site, the last one he did was for Episode 13, "The Nuclear Man".

Anyone think Dr.Tina McGee is going to take over for Thawne at Star Labs? Even better maybe Henry gets out of prison, works at Star Labs and finally get that relationship with Tina that was always teased in the 90-91 Flash show.

Dunno about Tina, but I could see Henry getting out and becoming part of Barry's team at STAR Labs.

I can't help but wonder. Was he filming scenes in the Reverse Flash costume just for that episode or have we seen him previously already under the hood? I'm also intrigued as to how we may see him as Eobard again. Would they swap out Tom and or keep him on and only show this version of RF in flashbacks?

Last edited:
Well it seems like Team Flash will suffer their fair share of casualties along the way.

I mean they're in the process of losing Dr. Wells from the group with his hidden agenda slowly being revealed to Barry and company and Caitlin's departure (as a result of her becoming Killer Frost) will probably add an even bigger blow as well.

Well it seems like Team Flash will suffer their fair share of casualties along the way.

I mean they're in the process of losing Dr. Wells from the group with his hidden agenda slowly being revealed to Barry and company and Caitlin's departure (as a result of her becoming Killer Frost) will probably add an even bigger blow as well.
Yeah but in addition to my theory on Tina leaving Mercury to lead STAR Labs, and Henry possibly working for STAR if he gets out, I can see Pied Piper becoming a good guy and working for STAR Labs.

Yeah but in addition to my theory on Tina leaving Mercury to lead STAR Labs, and Henry possibly working for STAR if he gets out, I can see Pied Piper becoming a good guy and working for STAR Labs.

lol; well just as long as they don't go too risque by having Pied hooking up with either Cisco or Barry for the sake of..whatever, then I think it'll be good if he joined the team somewhere down the line.haha

It would be funny though if Henry and Tina did become regulars of Team Flash, especially working alongside each other and if they ended up becoming an item like their characters had done in the original Flash series.

If they go by the comics, Rathaway will eventually become Captain Singh's boyfriend.

If they go by the comics, Rathaway will eventually become Captain Singh's boyfriend.

Well there's another potential love triangle waiting to happen, given on how the CW's Singh is currently (and supposedly) happily engaged to another dude.

lol; well just as long as they don't go too risque by having Pied hooking up with either Cisco or Barry for the sake of..whatever, then I think it'll be good if he joined the team somewhere down the line.haha

:ilv: IF ONLY! Now that would be a very special episode. What is The Flash's version of pink kryptonite? It needs to be introduced ASAP.

Am I the only one disappointed by the realization that Thawn actually stole wells appearance? From a story standpoint I get it. But once exposed as RF Tom Cavanagh won't b needed anymore, and to me he IS RF. He's been so damn good Ok on the show that ill miss him :(.

So are the timelines something like this? ;

RmAoKry.jpg

Or am I getting confused?

Help!

Am I the only one disappointed by the realization that Thawn actually stole wells appearance? From a story standpoint I get it. But once exposed as RF Tom Cavanagh won't b needed anymore, and to me he IS RF. He's been so damn good Ok on the show that ill miss him :(.

I think it's a question of if he can as easily revert back and if the producers of the show actually want to carry on with the other guy at some point.

Plus I suppose they could always have Barry inadvertently change the timeline so Dr. Wells is never killed by the Reverse Flash, but I have a hard time seeing them pull that off without writing off the entire timeline we followed in the show. Though I could maybe see that done as a one off episode where Barry is stuck in an alternative timeline and has to get back to his own one with the help of a good Dr. Wells.

I have no problem with Matt Letscher carrying on at some point as RF and Cavanagh remaining on the show to play the real Wells as Letscher looks more like comicbook Thawne and can play a great bad guy in his own right and I realise that I like Cavanagh not because of his work in the yellow suit but as Wells; in truth, the fact that he's been the RF has been incidental to my enjoyment of him in the show.

I agree with you. I really hope that Cavanaugh stays as the RF also.

I was just thinking.. If Deadshot isn't allowed to appear on the show anymore and neither is Harley, maybe the intention is to kill Barry off at the end of season 2, making Wally the Flash. As long as the actor is as good as Gustin, I would be down for that. It would make a lot of sense considering the way WB is restricting the CWverse. That way the movies can focus on Barry and the show can focus on Wally

You really think they'd kill off the lead character of the series?

Not going to happen. You can't just change protagonists in the middle of a network TV show's run.

The Flash is probably a big enough character to work around DC/WB's silly embargoes, like with Smallville and Superman Returns.

Not going to happen. You can't just change protagonists in the middle of a network TV show's run.

The Flash is probably a big enough character to work around DC/WB's silly embargoes, like with Smallville and Superman Returns.

The biggest show right now killed its protagonist in season 1.

It would make perfect sense, the creators keep referencing Crisis on Infinite Earths too.

I would be totally down for this, Wally is completely deserving of leading his own series . Plus at the rate that this show moves, well have had a satisfactory amount of Barry's Flash by the end of s2 or s3

I dunno, could be a good thing if Cavanagh doesn't play RF again after this, Barrowman returning as Malcolm Merlyn was an unimportant plotline in Arrow S2, and has been the worst aspect of S3, I wouldn't want them to use Cavanagh as RF again unless they had a VERY good reason for why post transformation Thawne was appearing, I'm interested in seeing what Letscher can bring to the table as Reverse Flash down the road, would be cool to see him have his first run in with the Flash.

Wally is one of the few comicbook heroes capable of pulling off a main character switch like that, considering he became just as iconic as Barry until they brought him back from the dead. I'd love to see Wally as the Flash several seasons down the road on the show. I do agree, Season 2 or 3 is way too soon for the switch to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"