The Flash The Flash Season 1, Episode 18 "All-Star Team Up" General Discussion

His powers can enable him to remember an alternate timeline?

Vibe's reintroduction in 2013 has sought to establish him as a more powerful character. Part of this was redefining his powers as having to do with interdimensional physics.

Justice League of America establishes that Vibe's sonic waves have the power to disrupt the Speed Force, making him one of the few characters in the DC Universe who poses a serious threat to the Flash.

For this reason, he is recruited into the JLA by Steve Trevor, which exists to guard against the threat of the main Justice League going rogue. In Justice League of America's Vibe #3, Amanda Waller says "Cisco Ramon might be one of the most powerful super-humans on the planet. He wields vibrational powers that could in theory shake the Earth apart. And he's the only person we know of who can find and track interdimensional breaches". He is also undetectable by security cameras.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibe_(comics)

Alternate timelines = interdimensional by nature.

Keep in mind that Andrew Kreisberg the show runner on this show was a writer on the New 52 Vibe comic that redefined his powers this way.

Last edited:
Everybody but Iris knows who the Flash is. It would be funny if Iris wasn't so annoying.

Last edited:
Man, this episode was just lame.

Except for Palmer vs. the bees. That was cool. Also: "Boom! Drop the mic!"

But seriously, though, they just made Iris unlikable.

6/10.

Each crossover has had a lame villain.

Iris has always been unlikable. She's a horrible character.

Awful episode. Just ugh at the Arrow crossover. Though I was glad to see Brandon Routh again, Felicity was obnoxious.

Iris managed to be exceedingly annoying tonight. "So it's me who's ruining our meal?" Well yeah, you keep making pointed comments in your boyfriend's direction. :doh:

The bee lady was so, so, cheesy, what with her bee-like suit. She wasn't very convincing either; they should've gotten a slightly older actress to play the part. At least the bees were scary.

Next week looks great, though.

Overall, this was pretty meh for me. Didn't understand Barry being leery about Cisco since he helped Joe when Joe was working on things by himself.

Women amirite.

This was a very poor episode. Didn't care for the villain of the week at all. Barry brooding the entire time wasn't interesting in anyway. And Iris...I have absolutely nothing good to say with regards to her.

Just a very poor episode IMO. I could've missed it and not missed a beat. That's how little happened in this episode. Easily the worst episode of the season for me.

4/10

I thought Eddie, Joe and Barry teaming up to open the episode was cleverly shot. Some of The Atom and Felicity interacting with the S.T.A.R. Labs team was fun. Nice to see Emily Kinney show up as the Bug-Eyed Bandit. Bee puns! I wonder if Cisco remembering the alternate timeline might somehow lead to him getting powers like Vibe in the comics. Glad to see Caitlin and Cisco in the know about Dr. Wells.

Overall, this was pretty meh for me. Didn't understand Barry being leery about Cisco since he helped Joe when Joe was working on things by himself.

Paranoia. He isn't sure who to trust, and when Cisco's directions didn't help him get out, it freaked him out.

I think I'm gonna disagree with everyone, but I actually liked this episode. It had a good combination of humor, particularly Cisco and Ray's interactions, and the drama from Barry's paranoia of not just Wells, but Cisco and Caitlin as well. Iris wasn't too likable, but she does have some valid points and there's no reason she shouldn't know the secret by now.

Didn't care much for the villain, but she wasn't any more ridiculous or cheesy than the other villains in the show. It was weird how she resembled Queen Bee more than Bug-Eyed Bandit.

Paranoia. He isn't sure who to trust, and when Cisco's directions didn't help him get out, it freaked him out.

Eh, it just felt like paranoia for the sake of the episode.

Eh, it just felt like paranoia for the sake of the episode.

Agreed, but that was more understandable than Iris's ridiculous demand that loved ones share every thought they have with each other. They are making drama for no real reason. It was one of the most forced arguments I have ever seen.

Agreed, but that was more understandable than Iris's ridiculous demand that loved ones share every thought they have with each other. They are making drama for no real reason. It was one of the most forced arguments I have ever seen.

Especially since by the end of the episode was cool with Cisco when they really was no logic reason to be given the lame paranoia they gave him.

I don't even want to talk about the stuff with Iris. This episode was one of the worst examples of how they've handled her character.

It was ok. The villain was weak.

I had a omg moment when Cisco remembered what happened to him. And it looked like we may have seen the creation of Vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"