The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

If they're going with Ma and Pa Kent as a couple in their 60s or 70s, I wouldn't mind Jeff Daniels and Debra Winger.

Last edited:
Jor-El better have rizz!

Just going by the cast so far, I'll wager jor-el and Lara will be more of the same, ie, most won't know who they are.

Edit. I read on the news section here that Snyder had talked to Leonardo Decaprio about playing Lex. Can you imagine?

I'm not big on this fan thing where people cast actors mostly on the basis of it being some sort of mythology gag or in-joke. Just cast a good actor with presence. None of this 'Oh, he cameod as Superman in a failed DC pilot that got made twenty years ago, let's cast him as Jor-El!'

If Gunn isn't saving Lee Pace for Batman, he'd be pretty great as Jor-El too.

david-corenswet-lee-pace (1).gif
david-corenswet-lee-pace.gif

You know it needs to happen ;)
b5ebv45na4cb1.gif

Yeah, I really think Lee Pace is seeing his day in Hollywood, and he’d make such a great Batman for so many reasons. I recently watched Bodies Bodies Bodies after seeing him in Foundation, and I’ve got to say that man’s got RANGE! Between that, his look, and his sheer size, he’s a no-brainer. It’d be a hugely missed opportunity, imo. He almost reminds me of Bale prior to BB.

As for Jor-El, my vote is someone who can sell the same contemplative gravitas as Brando. Anthony Hopkins or Brian Cox would be older picks in that category. On the younger side, I think Pitt or DiCaprio could do very well. But based on the casting so far, I’m assuming Gunn will go for someone of lesser renown.

Yeah, I've given up hope that jor-el and Lara will be A-listers.
I'd be more shocked if they are than if they aren't.

I don't care about A-listers. I want good actors who can disappear in their roles.

But I do care about the trunks. So, it's good.
They don't have the budget for A listers.

All the money is going towards making the Briefs work.

Her IG follows certainly paint this as a possibility.

Based on how they cast Martha Kent even Angela is far too high profile for Lara who's probably gonna have even less screentime if at all. Like I said I'm willing to bet they'll cast what essentially be photo stand-ins for both Lara and Jor-El.

Based on how they cast Martha Kent even Angela is far too high profile for Lara who's probably gonna have even less screentime if at all. Like I said I'm willing to bet they'll cast what essentially be photo stand-ins for both Lara and Jor-El.
Superman & Lois: Lara is a ****e who slept with her lab assistant. JK he just stole her DNA and made a son from it. :o

Yeah, I've given up hope that jor-el and Lara will be A-listers.
I'd be more shocked if they are than if they aren't.
If Gunn is going with a lesser known, then Eion Bailey is my choice for Jor-El. I could easily buy him as David Corenswet's dad and there is the trivia that he auditioned for Batman for Batman Begins.

Cillian was his second choice right?

I don't really have a favorite for batman in the dcu
( I suppose Jensen Ackles or jake Gyllenhaal ) but for the love of God, please get Willem Dafoe for the Joker.
I don't care about his age, he is perfect for the joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"