The Ian McLounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm intrigued. Especially after everything I was previously watching was systematically and maliciously destroyed by this place.
Dude. It's a David Fincher TV show. I don't know why you need more incentive than that.

When I think what's appropriate for kids, I think of a naked chick with swastikas tattooed over her boobs with a machine gun.

We watched American History X in grade 8 Media Studies. Probably the same idea. Kids gotta learn about them Nazi tiddies at some point.

Speaking of... after finally watching Robocop 2 for the first time, you can easily spot all the TDKR Frank Miller-isms.

Untitled-1722d5738a83c4b47.gif

Last edited:
Speaking of... after finally watching Robocop 2 for the first time, you can easily spot all the TDKR Frank Miller-isms.

Untitled-1722d5738a83c4b47.gif
For the first time? That almost feels impossible... how are you feeling about it so far?

I saw it a few weeks ago...
I've held it off for years because I didn't want the original to be tainted in my head, but ended up enjoying it for what it is... a Frank Miller fever dream.

I'm shocked you saw it so recently.

And yes... It's SO Miller it's not funny.

What's more nutz... It's Miller on a leash because Kirshner toned down or cut out a lot of what Miller wanted... Which was eventually repurposed for RC3 and the TV show.

Is that Tom Noonan?? Well now y'all have me wondering if I'VE seen Robocop 2. Like I know I've seen the first one a few times, and the reboot, and I've seen one with Rip Torn...was that 3?

Well now I want to know everyone's favorite ship.
Mine's boring. Mulder and Scully. :O And Lois and Clark, of course.

Is that Tom Noonan?? Well now y'all have me wondering if I'VE seen Robocop 2. Like I know I've seen the first one a few times, and the reboot, and I've seen one with Rip Torn...was that 3?

Mine's boring. Mulder and Scully. :O And Lois and Clark, of course.

Rip Torn was 3.... which I'm planning on seeing sometime soon. I heard that one was the worst.

I watched the first season of The Boys. I liked a lot of it, but the main thing I took away from it was that the actor who plays Homelander should play the Reverse-Flash. He can be two comic book things, there's no law against it. I'd pay at least $11 to watch him slap Ezra Miller around for 110 minutes. It doesn't even have to be a movie.

Watching the show I kept thinking he’s be perfect for a Vic Mignogna biopic. It’d be like Oliver Stone’s Nixon, only with more screaming in a voice booth and religious insanity and less bombings of Cambodia.

Watching the show I kept thinking he’s be perfect for a Vic Mignogna biopic. It’d be like Oliver Stone’s Nixon, only with more screaming in a voice booth and religious insanity and less bombings of Cambodia.

Instead of a final scene of Nixon departing the White House via helicopter, it could be Vic realizing his keycard doesn't work when he tries to go to Rooster Teeth to pick up a RWBY residual cheque.

It could work.

I actually liked that one.

if you liked it, i may have to bump it up higher on my list.

In the meantime, I finally signed up for Letterboxd to have a place to put my Hitchcock reviews when I finish the countdown, and I just wasted over an hour just rating movies on there. This will not be good for me, I can tell.

i have one, but never use it. but i'm glad you're sharing your reviews with the rest of the world, no just us!

The movies I watched in July -

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) Hugh Jackman
Armageddon (1998) Bruce Willis
Ghost Rider (2007) Nicholas Cage
*Charlie's Angels (2019) Patrick Stewart
*Jumanji: The Next Level (2018) Dwayne Johnson
Serenity (2005) Nathan Fillion
*John Tucker Must Die (2006) Jesse Metcalfe
*Tammy and the T-Rex...uncut (1994) Denise Richards
*American Pie 2 (2001) Jason Biggs
Deadpool (2016) Ryan Reynoldse

10 for me

I’ve completed 2 seasons of Schitt’s Creek and 3 cheesy Netflix movies in the last two weeks. Gonna try and finish season 3 this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"