Iron Man The Official Iron Man Comic Nods/ Easter Eggs Thread

Probably because they can just sell it overseas as The First Avenger. I guess they think a movie with America in the title won't do so hot internationally.

Probably because they can just sell it overseas as The First Avenger. I guess they think a movie with America in the title won't do so hot internationally.

I doubt it. I don't think they'd try selling it in somewhere like, for example, the UK entitled simply The First Avenger. People there might think it had something to do with Steed and Mrs. Peel. You'd need Captain America in the title to tell people the movie was about a superhero, and which superhero. They wouldn't automatically know who the Marvel Comics Avengers were.

Someone mentioned the Star Wars nod when Yensin charges through the tunnels. But there was another where Stark refers to Obidiah Stane, his mentor, as Obi. Maybe another Star Wars nod???

This is the War Machine toy

ironman-warmachine01.jpg

The mask in the film was the exact same colour.
It had writing on the front of it also in the movie, incase anyone's wondering what the hell I'm on about lol :oldrazz:
hats actually a iron man stealth opperations suithttp://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Excl...=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1211719490&sr=8-36:oldrazz::yay:

Someone mentioned the Star Wars nod when Yensin charges through the tunnels. But there was another where Stark refers to Obidiah Stane, his mentor, as Obi. Maybe another Star Wars nod???

Well spotted, I hadn't noticed either of those.

Why would that matter?
Well, if he was, than the name in the movie is not a Star Wars nod. If he was not called Obi in the comics, than it could be a Star Wars nod. That's why it matters.

Obi is obviously short for Obadiah. Whether it was ever said in the comics or not.

Old. But it is in the scene where he is using the repulsor rays for the first time, it is in the trailer.

Just came back from seeing it again.

Yea we all know, but seeing it once again on the big screen that is with out a doubt Cap's shield. When it came on, i just focused 100% on it and it was sorta amazing to see.

agreed.
When i watched it the 2nd time around, i really focused when that scene started, and yeah.. ITS THE SHIELD.
tho it did look a bit apart.. i dont know how to explain it, .. but its probably just my eyes.

I saw Iron Man for the 3rd time yesterday and I finally got to see the shield on the big screen. Let's just say it was nothing short of awesome.

Just came back from seeing it again.

Yea we all know, but seeing it once again on the big screen that is with out a doubt Cap's shield. When it came on, i just focused 100% on it and it was sorta amazing to see.

Heh heh. It's really that exciting fellas? :whatever::hehe::hehe:

Its not like i busted a nut over it or anything, but its just kinda weird/awesome to see something like Caps Shield on the big screen.

Its why they call it an easter egg, so its a surprise and something there for the die hard fans.

Where do you see Cap's shield?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"